Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2019, 10:43 AM

8,742 posts, read 12,998,537 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Places like Cabelas have parking lots filled with CA plates. I've never seen a cop pulling anyone over that I know and that is a LOT of people. People like me hunt AZ, NV, UT and CO all the time and we drive through with lots of ammo all the time. I've never heard of anyone being stopped back in CA. The border patrol and Sheriff think it's a flippin joke. Did I buy that ammo on the dash in Yuma or Winterhaven? It's up to them to prove it. They aren't going to waste their time. Same in Lake Tahoe.

Someone I know (or me) would have been busted by now. It's not even something we consider.
Thank you 1ATP!!

Glad your personal experience validates what many of us are saying- this is a made up stupid law by the liberal politicians.

Even the border patrol and Sheriff think the law is a "flipping joke"!!

Yes and I will say it again, the California legislative system is INCOMPETENT at passing stupid unenforceable law like this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2019, 11:39 AM

4,021 posts, read 1,810,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
LATimes has a paywall I don’t subscribe past.
Funny, I didn't have to do anything extra to read the article......ok, here's that article from LA Times on another site, plus another from a forum, for you my friend....you can also go to Calguns.net, there are lots of discussions there, with a good bit of inside LEO input .....

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/ca...ada-gun-shows/

https://www.nevadacarry.org/blog/cal...ammo-in-nevada

Old 12-29-2019, 12:09 PM

8,742 posts, read 12,998,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody01 View Post
Funny, I didn't have to do anything extra to read the article......ok, here's that article from LA Times on another site, plus another from a forum, for you my friend....you can also go to Calguns.net, there are lots of discussions there, with a good bit of inside LEO input .....

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/ca...ada-gun-shows/

https://www.nevadacarry.org/blog/cal...ammo-in-nevada
Good articles, Woody01, especially the one on NevadaCarry.org that gives good ideas on ruining the DOJ plots.

Old 12-29-2019, 12:13 PM

9,519 posts, read 14,778,706 times
I feel truly sorry for anyone who cares about this.

Old 12-29-2019, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka1 View Post
I feel truly sorry for anyone who cares about this.
Why? Because we are stuck in California and don't have the same freedoms that most states have? Or because you don't understand guns or why anyone would want to have them?

Old 12-29-2019, 04:27 PM

2,033 posts, read 1,755,424 times
"So if a backwards country like Alabama can get their instant background check system working, what is wrong with the mighty, superb intelligent State like California with so many whiz kids with computers? The obvious explanation is the California government is INCOMPETENT!"

Sorry man, you got it wrong. The State of California, in this case, is not incompetent. They do it deliberately.

They don't want anyone with a gun unless law enforcement or the political elite.

They don't want you have a big truck > get an electric car first > then when the grid crashes take the bus > when the bus company is on strike take a bike. Or walk.

They don't want you to have a big house, they want to tax you out of it if they can, until you get a highrise condo or rent a room. High density housing is loved by the elite as long as it is for the masses. Save the planet, whatever it takes, but you won't see Gavin renting a room on the 9th floor.

They don't want you to use natural gas > bad for the ozone layer > when the electric grid is down suffer in peace > we are lucky to live in California, aren't we all?

The bottom line is the state wants to control every aspect of our lives. Honestly, I lived in a communist country for 25 years and we had more freedoms than here as long as we didn't badmouth "The Party".

And don't ask me to move back there because we might just do that and take all our savings / spending / taxes we pay etc. with us.

Last edited by mgforshort; 12-29-2019 at 04:49 PM..

Old 12-29-2019, 05:08 PM

26,810 posts, read 26,940,797 times
Quote:
Why? Because we are stuck in California and don't have the same freedoms that most states have?
But you're not stuck here. You can move anywhere you'd like, can't you?

Old 12-29-2019, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
But you're not stuck here. You can move anywhere you'd like, can't you?
Of course, and we are in the process of moving. But some people are more 'stuck', at least for a while....you know... kids, parents, jobs, businesses, rental properties etc.....it can be quite complicated pulling up and moving to another state, no matter how much you want to.

But yes, if you really want to, you can. And you should.

Old 12-29-2019, 05:45 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,200,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgforshort View Post
"So if a backwards country like Alabama can get their instant background check system working, what is wrong with the mighty, superb intelligent State like California with so many whiz kids with computers? The obvious explanation is the California government is INCOMPETENT!"

Sorry man, you got it wrong. The State of California, in this case, is not incompetent. They do it deliberately.

They don't want anyone with a gun unless law enforcement or the political elite.

They don't want you have a big truck > get an electric car first > then when the grid crashes take the bus > when the bus company is on strike take a bike. Or walk.

They don't want you to have a big house, they want to tax you out of it if they can, until you get a highrise condo or rent a room. High density housing is loved by the elite as long as it is for the masses. Save the planet, whatever it takes, but you won't see Gavin renting a room on the 9th floor.

They don't want you to use natural gas > bad for the ozone layer > when the electric grid is down suffer in peace > we are lucky to live in California, aren't we all?

The bottom line is the state wants to control every aspect of our lives. Honestly, I lived in a communist country for 25 years and we had more freedoms than here as long as we didn't badmouth "The Party".

And don't ask me to move back there because we might just do that and take all our savings / spending / taxes we pay etc. with us.
I thought you were moving out of state after the Paradise fires???

Old 12-29-2019, 05:56 PM

26,810 posts, read 26,940,797 times
Quote:
....it can be quite complicated pulling up and moving to another state, no matter how much you want to.

But yes, if you really want to, you can. And you should.
Thanks; I'm perfectly happy in this lovely state. (And I don't own a gun, so I don't personally feel any ammo restrictions.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California