Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2019, 09:33 AM

14,358 posts, read 11,752,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemh431 View Post
Lmao absolutely not. I'm not an Angels fan nor a hockey fan at all. I don't like Disneyland. And good luck getting to Newport Beach in 20 minutes on a nice weather day. Or for that matter, anywhere you listed in the times you stated. Not happening in Irvine.

I'll take real city living with real city amenities in Sac over a theme park and suburban amenities in Irvine every day of the week.
Jester is only slightly exaggerating this time. It's certainly possible to get from (parts of) Irvine to Disneyland in 25 minutes, or Angels Stadium or Newport Beach in 20 minutes, as long as it is not actually rush hour. I live in Rancho Santa Margarita, which is farther away from these locations than Irvine, and usually allow 30 minutes to Newport Beach and 40 to Disneyland.

Whether you like or want to go to those places is a different question, of course.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2019, 09:54 PM

4,147 posts, read 2,974,575 times
Quote:
Lmao absolutely not. I'm not an Angels fan nor a hockey fan at all. I don't like Disneyland. And good luck getting to Newport Beach in 20 minutes on a nice weather day. Or for that matter, anywhere you listed in the times you stated. Not happening in Irvine.

I'll take real city living with real city amenities in Sac over a theme park and suburban amenities in Irvine every day of the week.
Irvine actually has better traffic than Sacramento. It's incredibly efficient, especially when it comes to infrastructure.

Old 01-09-2019, 12:57 AM

6,924 posts, read 8,311,915 times
Orange County/Irvine rush hour is immensely worse than Sacramentos and lasts hours upon hours longer and is compounded by San Diego area folks moving north while LA folks are moving south and they converge and implode in Irvine! Sacramento rush hour is sort of bad for like 15 minutes, and the whole rush hour is over in an hour.

Try getting to the beach on a summer weekend without spending hours and hours upon hours in traffic in Orange County And don't go anywhere near I-5 by Disneyland or you will sit in traffic and breath all that bad air.

Old 01-09-2019, 05:09 AM

662 posts, read 1,283,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimérique View Post
Average Cost of Home:

Sacramento: $321,900

Irvine: $866,400

I prefer Sacramento.
When houses cost $300K in California, it’s because no one wants to live there. Houses in Riverside, no less, have more demand.

Old 01-09-2019, 08:07 AM

14,358 posts, read 11,752,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimérique View Post
Try getting to the beach on a summer weekend without spending hours and hours upon hours in traffic in Orange County And don't go anywhere near I-5 by Disneyland or you will sit in traffic and breath all that bad air.
Oh, really. I don't relish going down, say, Laguna Canyon Road from the 5 on a weekend. But I sometimes do it. The drive from my front door to Main Beach takes 30 minutes without traffic. On a hot summer Saturday, it's going to take 60 minutes. Yeah, no fun. But it's not hours and hours and hours, come on.

Old 01-09-2019, 08:32 AM

37,238 posts, read 39,529,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
Jester is only slightly exaggerating this time. It's certainly possible to get from (parts of) Irvine to Disneyland in 25 minutes, or Angels Stadium or Newport Beach in 20 minutes, as long as it is not actually rush hour. I live in Rancho Santa Margarita, which is farther away from these locations than Irvine, and usually allow 30 minutes to Newport Beach and 40 to Disneyland.

Whether you like or want to go to those places is a different question, of course.
My impression has been rush hour has been getting steadily more brutal and longer. I visit the area (including living in actual Irvine proper) once or twice a year on average and the subsequent differences seem kind of notable though perhaps living there makes it more of a slow creep so less noticeable?

One good thing is that the Orange Line on Metrolink is slated to get much higher frequencies, so at least that’s coming up, though Sacramento has a lot more transit improvements on its slate.

Last edited by OyCrumbler; 01-09-2019 at 09:17 AM..

Old 01-09-2019, 09:05 AM

8,256 posts, read 17,369,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJester View Post
Irvine actually has better traffic than Sacramento. It's incredibly efficient, especially when it comes to infrastructure.
Umm have you actually driven rush hour in Irvine? It's miserable.

Old 01-09-2019, 10:03 AM

3,814 posts, read 4,018,361 times
Quote:
Nothing personal, but the girls in Sac are a bit too REDNECK, when compared to OC platinum blondes.

Old 01-09-2019, 10:11 AM

8,256 posts, read 17,369,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardOfRadical View Post
Nothing personal, but the girls in Sac are a bit too REDNECK, when compared to OC platinum blondes.
I'm not a female, nor blonde, nor redneck. I just think it's disgusting that someone would admit they choose where to live based off of the concentration of blonde white women.

Old 01-09-2019, 10:16 AM

3,814 posts, read 4,018,361 times
Quote:
I'm not a female, nor blonde, nor redneck. I just think it's disgusting that someone would admit they choose where to live based off of the concentration of blonde white women.
Well I am sorry you are disgusted. I'll pray that you can come to terms with that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California