Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2019, 01:18 PM

5,844 posts, read 5,649,476 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemh431 View Post
Lol right? Him and his brother Jester continue to expose themselves on here...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2019, 01:26 PM

14,341 posts, read 11,738,230 times
I don't have a lot of knowledge about Sacramento, although I have been there a couple of times. In general, I think I prefer the OC climate.

However, of all the South Orange County towns (and keeping in mind I've lived in this area my entire life), Irvine is about the last one I'd choose to live in. The frenetic urbanization that has been taking place there is not something I enjoy.

Last edited by saibot; 01-07-2019 at 02:02 PM..

Old 01-07-2019, 02:00 PM

37,213 posts, read 39,488,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardOfRadical View Post
Irvine because it is part of the LA metro, near the beach, near OC white women, etc.

Sac is an old cow town, struggling to become a city for the last 60 years.
Sure, there are more interesting parts of the LA metro and there are beaches and you can access them by living in Irvine, but you're going to be driving there through traffic.

On a fixed income between the two, Sacramento easily for me. On an income that scales with cost of living, it's still Sacramento because if I had to be plopped into one or the other and live there, I can't think of any place within Irvine's city limits I'd prefer to living in Midtown or Downtown Sacramento.

Old 01-07-2019, 02:37 PM

4,488 posts, read 1,646,512 times
I like both places, but Sacramento seems friendlier and it’s definitely more affordable.

Old 01-07-2019, 03:03 PM

3,143 posts, read 2,663,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardOfRadical View Post
Irvine because it is part of the LA metro, near the beach, near OC white women, etc.

Sac is an old cow town, struggling to become a city for the last 60 years.

LMAO, OC WHITE WOMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????

This is probably the funniest thing you've ever wrote! Bravo!!!!

Old 01-07-2019, 03:05 PM

3,143 posts, read 2,663,904 times
4But to answer the OP's question, I would much prefer Sacramento. I haven't spent too much time in S. Cal, but from the COL standpoint, I cannot deal with Irvine's COL. Hell, I even left Sacramento because the COL is too high for me. At my age, I am in asset collection mode and I don't want to spend $2k+ a month on rent. That's asinine to me!!!

Old 01-07-2019, 04:44 PM

422 posts, read 398,094 times
Irvine easily.

Old 01-07-2019, 10:13 PM

4,147 posts, read 2,972,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemh431 View Post
Economy: Tie
Urban planning: Sacramento because Irvine is literally just a massive tract home suburbia with cul de sacs and office parks and gridlock
Architecture: Sacramento because Irvine is literally just a massive tract home suburbia with cul de sacs and office parks and gridlock
Traffic/Infrastructure: Sacramento because Irvine is literally just a massive tract home suburbia with cul de sacs and office parks and gridlock...and Sacramento has real public transit that people can actually use
Weather: Sacramento. I like the weather variety more.
Scenery: Irvine has the better natural views, but I'd still probably vomit every day living there having to look at mindless suburbia for mile after mile
Recreational Activities: Sacramento. It's a city with real culture and sports. Irvine is a planned suburb.
Education: Slight edge to Irvine only because UCI is within the city, while UCD is just outside Sac

You couldn't pay me enough money to live in Irvine and get lost on a cul de sac and die of boredom by going to the same strip malls and office park every day while dealing with El Toro Y to go eat a chain restaurant. I'll take a real city like Sac any day.
Consider, though, that you're only 20 minutes away from an Angels or Ducks game when you're in Irvine. How about being 25 minutes from Disneyland? Or 20 minutes to Newport Beach? Doesn't that win you over to Irvine?

Old 01-08-2019, 02:19 AM

6,926 posts, read 8,299,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJester View Post
Consider, though, that you're only 20 minutes away from an Angels or Ducks game when you're in Irvine. How about being 25 minutes from Disneyland? Or 20 minutes to Newport Beach? Doesn't that win you over to Irvine?
I rather go to a Sacramento River Cats game --- better, more intimate stadium/ballpark, closer to the action, quality refreshments/food/bars, and the best part is it is 1/3 to 1/2 the cost.

I only need to go to Disneyland once every 2-3 yrs, and its only 1.25 hour flight time.

I rather go to Sacramento's Folsom Lake water skiing or raft down the American River than go to Newport Beach.

Old 01-08-2019, 08:16 AM

8,256 posts, read 17,363,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJester View Post
Lmao absolutely not. I'm not an Angels fan nor a hockey fan at all. I don't like Disneyland. And good luck getting to Newport Beach in 20 minutes on a nice weather day. Or for that matter, anywhere you listed in the times you stated. Not happening in Irvine.

I'll take real city living with real city amenities in Sac over a theme park and suburban amenities in Irvine every day of the week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California