Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Bakersfield or Fresno?
Bakersfield 11 36.67%
Fresno 19 63.33%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 09:03 PM

4,932 posts, read 12,758,700 times

Advertisements

Fresno is the largest city in central california. 500,000 population

san jose is the largest city in northern california at 1million.

san diego at 1.2 mill and Los angeles at 4million are the biggest cities in southern california

California has the best weather of all USA, but being close to Mexico we have the worse gang problem. But I feel the USA is responsible for ppl wanting to move to the USA.

And Fresno isn't the best city in the nation, but it's not the worse. And there are tons of places worse than Fresno. And Fresno is now just starting to get their act together.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2008, 10:33 PM

1,687 posts, read 6,072,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Conroe resident View Post
I lived in Fresno for 5 years (2000 to 2005) so I am fairly familiar with it as well and I can tell you that one July every single day was over a hundred.
LOL yeah that was 2005 but it wasn't every day only 21 days in a row. That was a historical record it hadn't done anything close to that run since 1933.

The average number of 100 degree days in Fresno total is 36 per year and the largest number in a single year was 63 days spread out over the summer of 1984. Still a lot lower than Las Vegas and Phoenix.

I spent a summer in Houston a few years ago, the humidity in August almost killed me. I'll take the dry heat.

Likewise Fresno's average number of dense fog days is about 35 a year spread out over 3 months.

Old 03-15-2008, 09:11 PM

322 posts, read 1,103,474 times
How can you seriously consider living in the Central valley...i live here but it's cuz im stuck here.....Fresno sucks....i mean seriously.....there's absolutely no vibe here nothing fun here...no scenery or beauty to speak of or see of any kind here......it's awful here....it's the ugliest part of california....by FAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!........ ive been to the east coast it's amazing there.....absolutely amazing....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i hate the west coast....especially gang infested punks here in run down piece of garbage.....in the sad PATHETIC central valley!!!!!!!!!!! people here don't believe in god they worship possessions and have to have material things especially "22" rims on cars....because the don't appreciate the fact that it doesn't snow here soo that you can do soo much to your cars....cuz you don't have to worry about salt rusting your car up!!!!!!!! FRESNO AND the CENTRAL VALLEY SUCKS...........ANYONE READING THIS MESSAGE......PLEASE.....I'D ADVISE YOU TO MOVE AND GET OUT OF THIS WARZONE RUNDOWN SAD SINFUL PLACE CALLED FRESNO.......THAT'S All

Old 03-15-2008, 10:18 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,348,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djames9 View Post
How can you seriously consider living in the Central valley...i live here but it's cuz im stuck here.....Fresno sucks....i mean seriously.....there's absolutely no vibe here nothing fun here...no scenery or beauty to speak of or see of any kind here......it's awful here....it's the ugliest part of california....by FAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!........ ive been to the east coast it's amazing there.....absolutely amazing....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i hate the west coast....especially gang infested punks here in run down piece of garbage.....in the sad PATHETIC central valley!!!!!!!!!!! people here don't believe in god they worship possessions and have to have material things especially "22" rims on cars....because the don't appreciate the fact that it doesn't snow here soo that you can do soo much to your cars....cuz you don't have to worry about salt rusting your car up!!!!!!!! FRESNO AND the CENTRAL VALLEY SUCKS...........ANYONE READING THIS MESSAGE......PLEASE.....I'D ADVISE YOU TO MOVE AND GET OUT OF THIS WARZONE RUNDOWN SAD SINFUL PLACE CALLED FRESNO.......THAT'S All

Did you forget to take your meds today?

Old 03-15-2008, 10:25 PM

NO im dead serious....that's exactly how i feel about Fresno and the dead wasteland we live in......it's hell here .....Fresno Is HELL ON EARTH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-16-2008, 09:06 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,348,947 times
Quote:
NO im dead serious....that's exactly how i feel about Fresno and the dead wasteland we live in......it's hell here .....Fresno Is HELL ON EARTH!!!!!!!!!!!!
I've lived in more towns than I can remember, I even lived on a indian reservation for a while, there are so many places worst than the valley, it never really bothered me, it just the way it is. I guess it's all in what you want from a city but if i ever felt like you do I would find a way to get where I wanted, life goes by fast and theres no time to waste hating where you live.

Old 03-16-2008, 02:11 PM

1,999 posts, read 4,874,151 times
I live in the Central Valley and my experiences are opposite from yours.

I love living here :-)

Quote:

Old 03-16-2008, 09:54 PM

Default sorry about the story i wrote yesterday about fresno

yeah i was on a rant about what i wrote yesterday about how i hate fresno......obviously i don't feel that passionate like i did in that message yesterday.......it's just not very beautiful here....i prefer life on the east coast...though..but i can see why people like it here....there's plenty of different opinions on what people prefer ..... and im just one person with my own opinion.... everyone views things differently......lol....

Old 04-14-2008, 12:01 AM

122 posts, read 365,597 times
both suck eggs i live in Bakersfield and it SUPER sucks

Old 04-14-2008, 04:30 PM

19 posts, read 41,358 times
You might as well throw in Stockton if you're going to debate going to crap like Bakersfield or Frenso. Both are horrible. No on in their right mind would choose to live in either if they had a choice to move somewhere else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California