Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2012, 09:04 AM

2,735 posts, read 6,733,397 times

Advertisements

i don't know...nothing i've seen in ca compares to hillbilly out here in some areas of va and parts of the ozarks, mo
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2012, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peneumbra View Post
May not be the most hillbilly place in CA - but it's the Worst. A former Kerr-McGee mining town in the midst of the Mojave desert, like an abandoned space station in a bad sci-fi movie. You go here when you can't make it anywhere else, even the Slabs. Not close to any other place of habitation, which is a good thing...
amboy is like that too...very creepy place...wouldn't call it hillbilly, just majorly creepy!

Old 10-05-2012, 02:39 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,512,704 times
Desert rats are a little different than hillbillies--just saying.

I'll stick to my guns that few places in California are more "hillbilly" than the area around Oroville. Especially the country up towards Feather Falls--that place might as well be in the deeper reaches of the Ozarks--though I heard the Ozarks is actually a fairly nice family vacation destination these days--so maybe it doesn't deserve the comparison. Real hillbillies don't live in the towns though--they're out in the real country.

Old 10-05-2012, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
Desert rats are a little different than hillbillies--just saying.

I'll stick to my guns that few places in California are more "hillbilly" than the country to the south and east of Oroville. Especially the country around Feather Falls--that place might as well be in the deeper reaches of the Ozarks--though I heard the Ozarks is actually a fairly nice family vacation destination these days--so maybe it doesn't deserve the comparison.
the ozarks are gorgeous...we lived there after moving from ca...the ozarks encompasses a very huge area, so there are ritzy places and not so much so ...actually, my husband's family on his mother's side comes from arkansas and are REAL moonshine making hillbillies that live in shacks and don't like outsiders. His mother told us that if we wanted to go down and visit them (this was while we lived in Missouri) that we need to call her first so she can let them know and they would come and get us...it's not a safe place for people they don't know also, when we moved to missouri, we were told to never trespass (not that we ever do) but you can wind up missing and end up hog food...lots of things we had to learn being san diegans new to the country lol...also we learned to stop telling people we were from california

Last edited by breeze823; 10-05-2012 at 02:48 PM.. Reason: typos

Old 10-21-2012, 04:21 PM

1 posts, read 4,260 times
Default Yes, Boycott Lake County

On the night of April 26, 2006, Russell Perdock, then a Senior Deputy Sheriff for Lake County ran his speeding power boat up and over the slow moving sailboat, Beats Workin' II, killing Willows resident Lynn Thornton and injuring the remaining crew.
Perdock, though proven to have been drinking alcoholic beverages throughout the day prior to the wreck was never charged with a crime thanks to his connections to Lake County Governmental officials. Instead, Bismarck Dinius, one of the persons on-board the slow moving sailboat at the time Deputy Perdock collided with it was charged by the Lake County District Attorney. Dinius was finally acquitted by a jury trial after loosing his job and spending his savings to defend himself. Perdock was eventually fired more than a year later by the Sheriff's Office and the district attorney who prosecuted Dinius — and refused to prosecute Perdock — Jon E. Hopkins, was not re-elected.
Since this has all come to pass, Lake County has still not pressed needed legal actions against Russell Perdock, but has instead appointed him to The Lake County Fire Protection District board of Directors.
Local politics in this area needs to be brought into the 21st century and Russell Perdock needs to be brought in front of a jury to face charges in the death of Lynn Thornton.

Sign the petition and lets get Perdock indicted.

http://www.change.org/petitions/lake...-lynn-thornton

Old 10-21-2012, 06:44 PM

1,199 posts, read 1,647,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpxexaxcxex View Post
What areas would you consider that to be. I'm just curious.
Fraizer Park !

Old 10-21-2012, 07:52 PM

1,664 posts, read 3,955,562 times
Television taught me that the most hill folks live in Beverly Hills!

Old 10-22-2012, 05:29 PM

1,199 posts, read 1,647,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Trails View Post
Television taught me that the most hill folks live in Beverly Hills!
that was my 2nd choice. LOL

Old 10-23-2012, 10:48 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,904,172 times
The whole Northeast part of the state.

Old 10-24-2012, 08:03 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,447,987 times
Etna Valley
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California