Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2011, 01:17 PM

5,113 posts, read 5,970,285 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nslander View Post
What mainstream media organization is promoting the "progressive liberal agenda" at the state level?
Is this a serious question? If you live in California and watch any local news from CBS, NBC, ABC and the major newspapers like the LA Times and any news source in the Bay area then you see the progressive liberal propaganda day in and day out.

They are glad to report and help push the state of California enacting the dream act, using tax payer money to pay for illegal aliens to go to college in California. This was not put up for vote to the people.

They were glad to report and help push the new law requiring public schools to teach elementary kids on gay history ... again with the vote of the people.

I could go on and on with the mainstream media brainwashing the people into accepting the progressive liberal agenda in California. They have been doing it for years but it has intensified over the past 3 years.

If you notice, California is Obama's testing and launching ground for his progressive liberal agenda. The dream act ... cap and trade ... illegal immigration ... gay rights ... green technology ... on and on ... what ever Obama is pushing ... it happens in California first
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2011, 01:47 PM

2,093 posts, read 4,696,385 times
No disrespected intended, Don, but why not just move out of California if you're unhappy with its political climate? I don't see how starting threads about California losing its profitable firms or the so called mass exodus of California residents is going to improve things.

Old 12-27-2011, 01:53 PM

12,460 posts, read 20,079,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zembonez View Post
Companies moving out of your over glorified bankruptcy laden state don't do you any harm?
No...not really. Companies relocate across state lines all the time, pointing to some examples doesn't tell you anything about aggregate business formation.

Anyhow, you're not addressing any serious issues in your post, obviously you don't know about business.

Old 12-27-2011, 01:55 PM

12,460 posts, read 20,079,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
I like how you always claim California is not hurting and "everything is wonderful" while the economy in California collapsing before our eyes ...
I like how you always fabricate matters..... When did I suggest that the California economy is doing well? I didn't, instead I suggested that this particular relocation is not going to have any sort of noticeable effect on the state's economy. Just a story of a big company manipulating state governments to get tax subsidies at the expensive of individual tax payers.

Old 12-27-2011, 02:36 PM

4,156 posts, read 5,559,233 times
Quote:
Is this a serious question? If you live in California and watch any local news from CBS, NBC, ABC and the major newspapers like the LA Times and any news source in the Bay area then you see the progressive liberal propaganda day in and day out.

They are glad to report and help push the state of California enacting the dream act, using tax payer money to pay for illegal aliens to go to college in California. This was not put up for vote to the people.

They were glad to report and help push the new law requiring public schools to teach elementary kids on gay history ... again with the vote of the people.

I could go on and on with the mainstream media brainwashing the people into accepting the progressive liberal agenda in California. They have been doing it for years but it has intensified over the past 3 years.

If you notice, California is Obama's testing and launching ground for his progressive liberal agenda. The dream act ... cap and trade ... illegal immigration ... gay rights ... green technology ... on and on ... what ever Obama is pushing ... it happens in California first
If it weren’t a serious question I would not have asked it. For the whole “liberal media” myth concerning fundamental distributions of power and wealth to work at all, one must assume the local tentacles of multi-national media conglomerates inexplicably work on an entirely different business logic than every other industry. Perpetuating this myth is essential to maintain the current divide.

So, reporting on gay rights and illegal immigration is necessarily, and successfully, pushing an agenda. People are so swayed by their local newspapers in 2011 they inevitably succumb to the contents of its editorial pages. In 2011. And local television news coverage provides not only significant coverage of the latest legislative and executive happenings in Sacramento, it successfully pushes that agenda as well. Because the advertisers who pay the advertising bills of the local affiliates (which no longer have news departments independent of programming) have focused-group this subject to death and have concluded Californians just can’t get enough of local TV coverage of state capital intrigue on the Dream Act and gay rights. In fact, brainwashing people into pushing that social agenda is such a high priority of the local news/programming media elite, it will risk alienating those advertisers who make them rich. And the folks parroting the rantings flying out their AM talk radios are the true vanguards of the marketplace of ideas. Got it.

Our supermajority requirement for revenue and budgeting incentivizes the state level GOP to obstruct. This ensures their incumbency while providing a permanent excuse for their intransigence. As long as those Republican members effectively play to their base, their political careers are guaranteed as long as they as they ensure the only mechanism the on table towards reconciling the budget is cutting services or raising fees and tuition.

You simply cannot deny the existence this perverse arrangement, nor can you deny our elected representatives from both parties take advantage of it. Because that’s what politicians do. And yes, many Dem politicians are corrupt. Because they are politicians as well. Of course, actual answers exist in places beyond the simplistic left/right continuum, but that would require abandoning the eternal pissing contests, which gets us off on an emotional level. So that’s not going to happen. We’ll just draft Vin Diesel for Governor instead.

This is the Norquist agenda expressed at the state level: “We will make it so that a Democrat cannot govern as a Democrat.” In California, we’ve made the GOP’s job even easier. And if you think Californian would not boot out entrenched politicians were they to overreach beyond getting us out of the current fiscal crisis, you’re ignoring California’s electorate and its history.

Many things are not put up for vote by the people. It’s called a representative form of government. In California, the Republican Party has positioned itself as a permanent minority party. You can spit into the wind all you want, but that’s why they continue to lose.

Old 12-27-2011, 02:37 PM

4,156 posts, read 5,559,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by user_id View Post
I like how you always fabricate matters..... When did I suggest that the California economy is doing well? I didn't, instead I suggested that this particular relocation is not going to have any sort of noticeable effect on the state's economy. Just a story of a big company manipulating state governments to get tax subsidies at the expensive of individual tax payers.
No, you didn't.

Old 12-27-2011, 02:50 PM

2,311 posts, read 3,504,997 times

Let the people of this state deal w/ the consequences.. F*ck it.. Let it be Don9... 49 other states to choose from. And since the clowns of our federal govt. are taking cues from Calif... Do your best to protect your money from them too .. You can take lots of action in this way.. It's all about money at the end of the day to them.. So do your best to optimize and keep them out your pockets.. W/ them out your pockets, they are nothing but clowns w/ agendas .. Ones which impact you not ... They namely impact the hoards of bigger fools who put them in office and make excuses for their idiocy. You'll wake up feeling great every morning .. Knowing they impact you not.

U.S. TREASURY SAYS DEBT LIMIT TO BE RAISED BY $1.2 TRILLION
U.S. DEBT TO BE $100 BLN WITHIN LIMIT ON DEC. 30, TREASURY SAYS
STEPS FOR INCREASING DEBT LIMIT UNDER 2011 BUDGET CONTROL ACT
And the piece de resistance that 100% debt to GDP brings:

OBAMA ON DEC. 30 LIKELY TO ASK CONGRESS TO RAISE DEBT LIMIT
Just as we thought the circus was over if only for a few weeks. Also, this means that in a few days, the US debt ceiling will be raised from $15.194 trillion to $16.394 trillion. As a reminder, US GDP was just revised down to $15.176 trillion.

Like California.. You know one day this will have to be paid back .. Put yourself up so you will be least impacted and can go John Galt .. Let the lemmings/apologist pay at that point..

Let it be.

Old 12-27-2011, 02:52 PM

12,823 posts, read 24,392,581 times
Must reading:

The Sun Belt's Migration Comeback | Joel Kotkin

Check out the table at the bottom of the article.

The parent blog has many other very good and informative articles:

Joel Kotkin

Old 12-27-2011, 03:14 PM

2,311 posts, read 3,504,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaHillbilly View Post
Must reading:

The Sun Belt's Migration Comeback | Joel Kotkin

Check out the table at the bottom of the article.

The parent blog has many other very good and informative articles:

Joel Kotkin
Yep, you'll note where I am going and how it is mentioned in the article and its ranking in the chart.. I've researched and thought this through heavily for about 2-3 years and look forward to taking part in what I predict to be a nice and wonderful growth/maturity of the location I picked. It's ripe for a lot of things.. and I look forward to taking part in it from the ground flow at very affordable levels.. All that I find to be left here is a dwindling and expensive legacy that will be no more in the future.

Old 12-27-2011, 03:27 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,894,370 times
Quote:
If you want to provide proof that my posts contain incorrect information then have at it. I'm not going to stop you...
Right ... another reason why it is impossible to take you seriously: that you are who you say you are: aerospace engineer, Tea-Partier. You posted a claim with an opinion piece for a verification. You have been called out on that by a number of posters. You respond by maintaining it is up to the rest of us to prove your opinion is not true. Engineers have to be pretty intelligent and well educated. Your inability to think straight and correlate the claims you fling about to verifiable realities says that you are an avatar of someone's creation. An on-line persona with an agenda to promote. (see below)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimC2462 View Post
No disrespected intended, Don, but why not just move out of California if you're unhappy with its political climate? I don't see how starting threads about California losing its profitable firms or the so called mass exodus of California residents is going to improve things.
If Don9 were really who he purports to be, he would actually be a genuine California patriot at heart -- just terribly misled ... the Don9 persona doesn't want to leave ... he loves it here, bless his little heart, he's just misguided ... he is raising a call to action! Of course it seems far more likely that Don9 is actually a liberal secret agent out to portray Tea-Partiers as kooks who can't think straight. Hence my nicknaming him "Serpico". I'll let you make the call, and: will the real Don9 please stand up?!

Quote:
Heh, good one Don ... maybe though, Obama adopts what California initiates -- not the other way around ... not sayin' he does, just sayin ... you see, California has a near lifetime history of leading the nation and world in progressive thinking and behavior ... kind of a shining light ... and this originates from the wonderfully kooky people who live here ... folks who like ideas such as protecting the environment so that future generations can survive ... stuff like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California