Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: You complain about the state of the state.
and you are right of center politically. 33 56.90%
and you are left of center politically 25 43.10%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2010, 08:28 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,875,157 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Never heard of this. I am in CA, and I am a practicing attorney. Perhaps MN is the exception. In CA if I want to obtain somebody's birth certificate, it is public record and I can get it. Looks like you "schooled" me! LOL
i agree with you. The only time I can think of a birth certificate in not obtainable would be the original after an adoption. Normally, the original is sealed and the official one is the one issued with the new legal name on it. Maybe, the single parent situation in his case made some difference, I don't know.

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2010, 08:29 AM

7,084 posts, read 14,876,326 times
Complaining about California, a poll.

Well, I certainly couldn't complain about the San Diego Zoo. San Francisco has some wonderful food, Muir Woods is beyond description, Sebastopol and Bodega Bay area are friendly. Now.... if L.A. would just fall off into the Pacific (cruelty to fishes aside) the state would gain a boost in esteem.

Old 08-14-2010, 08:57 AM

16,806 posts, read 39,978,876 times
Mayberry checking in...

Old 08-14-2010, 12:26 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,063,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
Mayberry checking in...
I'm just checking in to make sure you've checked in. Now that I see you have, I can go back to my "other" forum and resume arguing with morons.

Old 08-14-2010, 12:55 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,512,077 times
Quote:
I'm just checking in to make sure you've checked in. Now that I see you have, I can go back to my "other" forum and resume arguing with morons.
Mount Idy here!

Old 08-14-2010, 01:15 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,978,876 times
That wasn't me checking in from Mayberry, you two goofballs. I was checking in the guy from N.C. who just HAD to pop in and do exactly what we were discussing upthread.

Old 08-14-2010, 07:31 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,512,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
That wasn't me checking in from Mayberry, you two goofballs. I was checking in the guy from N.C. who just HAD to pop in and do exactly what we were discussing upthread.
LOL!~ Well, y'all know what them suthern country bumkins is like. More ta be pitied than blamed. Come ta think on it, sum uv we'uns down here in the hollers mite not unnerstand either!

Hey Twinkie Toes, wanna dance a reel?

Old 08-14-2010, 10:19 PM

2,852 posts, read 6,490,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewCalifornian View Post

And your comment about the quality of living in the UK is more than poor. Admit it, the reason why right-wingers fear those things is because they work too good. I know not one European who would trade their health care system with the oens we have.
I can name plenty, starting with my British husband, who is LOVING American health care. There are also many Europeans, especially Brits, who have ended up in an American hospital while here on vacation, and they far prefer it to the horrors of a British hospital. Been in a British hospital and each time was more traumatising than the last. However, those Brits/Europeans who have never experienced a different health care system have nothing to compare against, so of course they are quite happy with their "free" NHS medical care.

Old 08-15-2010, 01:05 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,063,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
LOL!~ Well, y'all know what them suthern country bumkins is like. More ta be pitied than blamed. Come ta think on it, sum uv we'uns down here in the hollers mite not unnerstand either!

Hey Twinkie Toes, wanna dance a reel?
Yeah. Shood we's do the hillbilly ***?

Old 08-15-2010, 01:56 AM

14,539 posts, read 21,283,482 times
Quote:
Never heard of this. I am in CA, and I am a practicing attorney. Perhaps MN is the exception. In CA if I want to obtain somebody's birth certificate, it is public record and I can get it. Looks like you "schooled" me! LOL
I had to get a copy of my own birth certificate a couple of years ago, and was born in Oakland. And lived in California at the time. I had a large stack of things needed to send, including a notary saying I was really me. If you are saying that as a lawyer with a reason you can thats one thing but I was under the impression its a lot harder to just walk in and get a copy of a birth certificate now. Basicially I had to prove I was me to get a copy of my own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California