Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2010, 09:37 PM

12,460 posts, read 20,112,010 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highnlite View Post
California certainly has four distinct seasons. Southern California might not, but that is only 1/3 of California.
Southern California has distinct seasons, you just don't get the extremes you do in the east coast. But the same can be said of Texas.

In the winter it rains, in the spring the hills/mountains are green and flowers bloom, in the summer its hot and dry, in the fall it cools down and the trees loose their leafs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2010, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post

I don't mind the summers but the electricity bill is another story. You just adapt, acclimate.
I doubt many people move to Texas for the weather, it is for the lower cost of living, slower lifstyle, friendly people, etc.. I would not move to CA for the weather either, certainly not for the affordable housing, cost of living and most of all the politics.
So, as I said the weather in Texas is bad.

Quote:

Preach about it? I gave my experience that is all.
Yes preach about it. There is a big difference in moving to another state and talking about your move and coming to the California form all the time and complaining about California and talking about Texas. You irrelevantly post pictures of Texas in California threads, etc. Its just odd, obviously you are not happy with your new home. If you were, you wouldn't be here.

Old 08-22-2010, 09:49 PM

Quote:
You are right. If you live in northern CA you definitely have a more visible 4 seasons but still no comparison to TX. Fall is like death when it comes to green.
This is silly, you are equating seasonal changes with the annual cycle of deciduous trees.

Old 08-23-2010, 05:49 AM

4,829 posts, read 6,938,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by user_id View Post
So, as I said the weather in Texas is bad.

Yes preach about it. There is a big difference in moving to another state and talking about your move and coming to the California form all the time and complaining about California and talking about Texas. You irrelevantly post pictures of Texas in California threads, etc. Its just odd, obviously you are not happy with your new home. If you were, you wouldn't be here.
Boy are you messed up. I don't preach, but obviously you have some hidden fear/anger about being stuck in CA. That is the only explanation for your irrational behavior. Please direct me to all my postings of pictures of TX. Plenty happy with my new home. I think it is you with your hostility that have some deep issues you need to address. I am not even on this forum that much. I go in spurts when I have not much to do. Again, please direct me to these picturs all over the CA forum. I just can't find them

Old 08-23-2010, 05:50 AM

Quote:
This is silly, you are equating seasonal changes with the annual cycle of deciduous trees.
Nothing like seeing spring and nature come back to life.

Old 08-23-2010, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Boy are you messed up. I don't preach, but obviously you have some hidden fear/anger about being stuck in CA.
Really? That is interesting since I was living in another state 3 years ago and I can leave at any time (my income is not attached to California).

Quote:
Please direct me to all my postings of pictures of TX.
I'm not going to go find all of them, that would be a waste of time. But how about this one:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/2306566-post78.html

Where you oddly post pictures of Texas in a thread for Orange County pictures.

Quote:
Plenty happy with my new home.
Great, so I'd suggest spending more time in this forum then:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/texas/

Quote:
Nothing like seeing spring and nature come back to life.
Nothing like ignoring the point.

Old 08-23-2010, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Really? That is interesting since I was living in another state 3 years ago and I can leave at any time (my income is not attached to California).

I'm not going to go find all of them, that would be a waste of time. But how about this one:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/2306566-post78.html

Where you oddly post pictures of Texas in a thread for Orange County pictures.

Great, so I'd suggest spending more time in this forum then:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/texas/

Nothing like ignoring the point.
Wow you found 1 post of pictures of Texas back in 12/2007 1 month after we moved to Texas.

So much for all those postings of pictures of TX.

BTW, if I am on the TX forum and somebody were to post pictures of OC I would not be angered or upset. That must be because I am happy where I am.

BTW, I do spend some time on the TX forum too.

Like I said before you appear to have unresolved issues. That being the case I'll ignore you now.

Old 08-23-2010, 07:13 PM

Quote:
So much for all those postings of pictures of TX.
Huh? I never suggested anything about "all those postings of pictures", rather I stated that you complain, most pictures of Texas, etc here in the California forum. You asked for an example of you irrelevantly posting pictures and I gave you one. To

Quote:
That must be because I am happy where I am.
Right, which would explain why you are posting in the California forum so much to convince yourself that you made the right move.

Old 08-23-2010, 07:17 PM

514 posts, read 688,375 times
Curmudgeon does the same thing, lives in Missouri, posts on California. Must be hard to make the break when you drag your feet behind you the whole time.

Old 08-23-2010, 08:28 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,523,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highnlite View Post
Curmudgeon does the same thing, lives in Missouri, posts on California. Must be hard to make the break when you drag your feet behind you the whole time.
And HighonDopenLiteHeaded spins tales, yarns and lies to convince himself and the unwary that he lives in Camelot and disdains those who don't. Of course, not everyone can live on the multi-generational family farm, reap the benefits thereof, and still be flat broke and uninsured. Go figure! Bad planning? Makes it difficult to know what to believe.

But on one issue he's right, and I'm glad. It's hard not to keep one's foot on the ol' sod when a dozen members of your family still live there, you were born and raised there, you worked for it and you have friends still there. Muist be a newly declared form of sin.

I intend to continue to for so long as I please. Clarks will just have to suck it up and deal with it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California