Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2011, 12:52 AM

14 posts, read 32,263 times

Advertisements

hey guys i have a lot of doubts about where to live in california. first of all im from puerto rico i want to move to cali to finish my studies. but before i start sudying again i want to find a good cheap safe place to live. i dont know where to live neither where to find a good job. i wish that someone can help me in this decisions that i have to make.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2011, 01:48 AM

313 posts, read 778,981 times
You should find the college first, then find a neighborhood. It's expensive to be out of State. If you come and live for a while you can get instate tuition. Safe is relative to what your lifestyle is. Will you have a car? How much can you put in for rent?

Rent is high in San Francisco, but if you can find roommates it's worth it. It's perfectly safe if you don't have a car. If you do then you ave to worry more about area. If you run around after dark theres a few bad areas too.

If cheap is important, find a new state.

Old 10-20-2011, 03:54 AM

13,827 posts, read 29,954,374 times
Why California? More specifically, what is it that is attracting you to California? Because quite simply, the state is very diverse in every way, so if you are imagining something specific in your head, we can direct you appropriately.

Old 10-20-2011, 04:36 AM

1,045 posts, read 1,979,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by POLLOLO View Post
hey guys i have a lot of doubts about where to live in california. first of all im from puerto rico i want to move to cali to finish my studies. but before i start sudying again i want to find a good cheap safe place to live. i dont know where to live neither where to find a good job. i wish that someone can help me in this decisions that i have to make.
FYI...Cali is a city in Colombia. California is a state on the west coast of the United States.

Old 10-20-2011, 12:25 PM

401 posts, read 768,064 times
I hear Miami is nice.

Old 10-20-2011, 03:15 PM

4,156 posts, read 5,566,992 times
Quote:
1) Stop calling me Cali.

2) I would consult the resources available through your university (?) concerning where to continue school, and tuition, before relocating.

3) Good and cheap are mutually exclusive here, even with our currently very high unemployment. As far as student employment goes, hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

4) If you deal with the above, especially #1, San Diego is a good place for a student.

Old 10-20-2011, 04:42 PM

3,550 posts, read 6,492,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Freedom View Post
I hear Miami is nice.
hey don't send him this way, if the guy wants to go to LA, let him go to LA

Old 10-20-2011, 05:11 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,961,475 times
Ouch. This is a rough room to work.

Old 10-21-2011, 01:32 AM

14 posts, read 32,263 times
im moving with my girlfriend. we want to move to an area which is safe, easy to find transportation, not so expensive but affordable. one of my biggest fear is that im 20 years old i dont know if i can find a place to rent being underage. i really want to surf and ride my longboard while i work until i start studying once i start studying im goint to dedicate all my time to my studies. but i dont know the best place for me to go as soon as possible.

Old 10-21-2011, 09:41 AM

6,116 posts, read 12,607,839 times
Quote:
im moving with my girlfriend. we want to move to an area which is safe, easy to find transportation, not so expensive but affordable. one of my biggest fear is that im 20 years old i dont know if i can find a place to rent being underage. i really want to surf and ride my longboard while i work until i start studying once i start studying im goint to dedicate all my time to my studies. but i dont know the best place for me to go as soon as possible.
20 years old is not 'underage' in the United States.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California