Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 05:25 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,968,335 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Profit does not dictate wages. Job qualifications do. WalMart pays people what they are worth. Have you been to either store?
No. They get the cheapest goods made by slave labor from China. In our depressed economy they get people who are desperate for work and pay them coolie wages, so low that the government must subsidize many WalMart employees to keep food on the table. They work their employees beyond the point of exhaustion.

If our economy opened up you'd find precious few Walmart employees remaining loyal to the company. They are the closest thing to slavery that our laws will allow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2013, 12:05 PM

16,066 posts, read 21,134,864 times
"Anyone can flip burgers/run a cash register"
I wonder how many of you saying that are also the same people that complain about how hard it is to find good service, or refuse to patronize lower end businesses because of the horrible service?

I wish it were so easy. As someone who has to train and supervise minimum wage workers let me tell you there are a lot of people who can't flip burgers or run the cash register and provide decent service. I only wish we paid enough to attract and keep people who had the minimum amount of skill it takes to do these types of jobs. For minimum wage you get employees who can't, or won't make the effort to learn, who think for what they get in their paychecks it's enough to show up and do just the bare minimum to keep from getting fired.
"WalMart pays people what they are worth" -Walmart gets the value they pay for, which is why they are such a crap store.

Old 01-04-2013, 10:35 PM

3,503 posts, read 7,497,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
No. They get the cheapest goods made by slave labor from China. In our depressed economy they get people who are desperate for work and pay them coolie wages, so low that the government must subsidize many WalMart employees to keep food on the table. They work their employees beyond the point of exhaustion.

If our economy opened up you'd find precious few Walmart employees remaining loyal to the company. They are the closest thing to slavery that our laws will allow.
If by "they" you mean the vendors that put their products on Wal Mart shelves, I get that. But, those vendors deciding that profit is more important than making their goods in the USA is a topic for another thread.

If things are so bad for Wal Mart employees, they can do something about it. A family member of mine works for Wal Mart. I passed on to her the job listing for the last company I worked for, which would have probably been a doubling of income for her. She didn't take it as familiarity at Wal Mart was more important to her.

Oh, well.

Old 01-05-2013, 12:41 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,968,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfredB1979 View Post
If by "they" you mean the vendors that put their products on Wal Mart shelves, I get that. But, those vendors deciding that profit is more important than making their goods in the USA is a topic for another thread.

If things are so bad for Wal Mart employees, they can do something about it. A family member of mine works for Wal Mart. I passed on to her the job listing for the last company I worked for, which would have probably been a doubling of income for her. She didn't take it as familiarity at Wal Mart was more important to her.

Oh, well.
Sorry to hear that.

Old 01-05-2013, 03:52 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,726,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlefty23 View Post
the president (and politicians in general) like pitting people against eachother bc it distracts from the **** they're doing
Ok Obama sold the "tax the rich" increase in taxes to the public and Obama cheerleaders were fully on board. The problem is many of the Obama cheerleaders who thought they were not going to get hit with higher taxes found out that Obama was not truthful and now their paychecks are smaller. Congrats for buying the Obama deception.

Right after the increase in taxes Obama is trying to sell the "tax the rich" increase again. Will middle class Americans be fooled again?

Then the Obama deception talks about regulations and over 100 taxes that will be slipped by to increase taxes on all Americans.

And yes, this deception is to institute the New World Order. Obama is the perfect puppet to get it done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business