Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2021, 12:35 PM

959 posts, read 533,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostongymjunkie View Post
The only thing more mind boggling is how utterly confident they are in their ignorance. Not to mention, self righteousness.
Yes. What they are missing, this country is full of immigrants who have first hand experience with such things. When it quacks as a duck..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2021, 01:20 PM

6,806 posts, read 6,031,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsGirl View Post
I meant Russia (and China)
Russia hasn’t been a competitor of the US in decades.

Quote:
and you certainly don’t understand what is going on.
I’m not the one whose world economic knowledge is 50 years outdated..

Quote:
Both of them being much more xenophobic channeled tons of misinformation our way appealing to both sides and laughing about our “Color revolution”. Our useful idiots bought it and aided it. It’s polittechnology.
That aluminum is seeping into your head.

Old 10-10-2021, 01:38 PM

2,435 posts, read 1,318,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Peasant View Post
I just sincerely hope the new mayor doesn't go on an all out blitz enforcing every ordinance on the books including ones not known or long forgotten by many. The other day, we nearly got tagged by city personnel coming by for putting out our trash before 5pm. Yes, if you look up trash removal in the City's website, it does say you have to put it out after 5pm and use acceptable rubbish bins but still. Prior to the pandemic and working from home, no one bothered to pay attention to the rules because practically everyone put their trash out after 5pm which is the time they get home from work. Now with teleworking, it is easy to forget and quite many probably weren't even aware of the rule. Also, technically you're not supposed to put your trash in boxes, grocery bags or paper bags but in the past, many people did. I just don't want a mayor who is overzealous over enforcing little things that's all. Some of those rules ought to be scrapped anyways.
Seeing trash out before 5PM is a pretty big pet peeve of mine, and I would actually love to see stricter enforcement of this. Trash comes really early on a few streets that makes putting it out the night before reasonable, but for most residential streets, I'd push for before 8 AM the day of and ban leaving trash out overnight. Even dumping it at 5PM can mean it's out there for nearly 24 hours, attracting rodents or being cut open and dumped by the dumpster divers.

Old 10-10-2021, 01:45 PM

21,628 posts, read 12,727,444 times
I honestly wish I were aware enough to notice if trash is out before 5pm or not (and on a certain day). That sounds like a level of mental clarity I need. Must come with age.

Old 10-10-2021, 02:24 PM

2,364 posts, read 1,851,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestieWhitie View Post
What else can you expect from a bunch of starry-eyed, coddled, clueless participant trophy winners whose $300,000 four year non-summer camp was 5% education and 95% indoctrination?
Perhaps the stage was set for this kind of thing long ago. Public educators have been seen as a lowish quality career choice at least since I was going through the system. For decades people haven't seen it as an important job and moreso as one that attracts mediocrity.

In fact many of the teachers (NOT all) at my schools were mediocre or downright bad. The general population put them all in that bucket and didn't really care what went on in the schools.

I was in high school 07-11 and there was some wonky stuff starting to come into the curriculum but very few students or parents were paying attention to it.There was a laundry list of issues that seemed like they were bigger problems than a couple hard left English and History teachers.. Social media wasn' really big yet either. It seems like things have really gone off the rails since then.

I think that's probably one of the biggest areas that needs immediate attention and course correction for things to move in a positive direction long term.

Old 10-10-2021, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston Shudra View Post
Russia hasn’t been a competitor of the US in decades.

I’m not the one whose world economic knowledge is 50 years outdated..

That aluminum is seeping into your head.
Your ignorance is amazing. You have missed their new alliance with China? Their now completed gas lines to China, several through Europe (NS1, NS2, Turkish stream), they are rebuilding their economy pretty well. Unfortunately they are about to return several former republics under its wing. You are seriously underestimating them.

Old 10-10-2021, 03:46 PM

6,806 posts, read 6,031,870 times
Quote:
Your ignorance is amazing. You have missed their new alliance with China? Their now completed gas lines to China, several through Europe (NS1, NS2, Turkish stream), they are rebuilding their economy pretty well. Unfortunately they are about to return several former republics under its wing. You are seriously underestimating them.
I mean, good for them but their economic output is still magnitudes lower than the US’ based on what I can find unless you can prove otherwise. Seems similar to Brazil and Australia?

Anyway, this is so far from the mayoral election.

Old 10-10-2021, 04:12 PM

2,066 posts, read 1,071,035 times
Back in the days an average high school grad knew integration was that weird squiggly nerd thing, and some even knew how to use it. Nowadays integration is what needs to happen to all those rich white neighborhoods so those living there can atone for their personal role in slaveREEEEEE. And math? What’s that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space_League View Post
Perhaps the stage was set for this kind of thing long ago. Public educators have been seen as a lowish quality career choice at least since I was going through the system. For decades people haven't seen it as an important job and moreso as one that attracts mediocrity.

In fact many of the teachers (NOT all) at my schools were mediocre or downright bad. The general population put them all in that bucket and didn't really care what went on in the schools.

I was in high school 07-11 and there was some wonky stuff starting to come into the curriculum but very few students or parents were paying attention to it.There was a laundry list of issues that seemed like they were bigger problems than a couple hard left English and History teachers.. Social media wasn' really big yet either. It seems like things have really gone off the rails since then.

I think that's probably one of the biggest areas that needs immediate attention and course correction for things to move in a positive direction long term.

Old 10-10-2021, 04:19 PM

5,094 posts, read 2,656,710 times
Quote:
The Belt and Road Initiative looks to have serious implications in the new China-Russia axis for sure. But even aside from this, any nation that has a couple of thousand nuclear warheads capable of being launched toward us at anytime definitely qualifies as being referred to as a "competitor" using any standard.

Old 10-10-2021, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston Shudra View Post
I mean, good for them but their economic output is still magnitudes lower than the US’ based on what I can find unless you can prove otherwise. Seems similar to Brazil and Australia?

Anyway, this is so far from the mayoral election.
They already managed to created a havoc in EU to the point of almost splitting, and divide Atlantic alliance.

Anyway, we cannot afford anymore of inside division, class/race bating etc. Hopefully Wu won’t do anything too progressive like De Blasio.

Last edited by BruinsGirl; 10-10-2021 at 06:43 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston