Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2007, 03:38 PM

138 posts, read 509,463 times

Advertisements

Any thoughts on Horry's CHEAP SHOT on Steve Nash? I would be ashamed to play on the same team. That is NOT basketball!! gptaz
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2007, 04:34 PM

536 posts, read 1,196,890 times
i agree that it was a very cheap shot!!

but im sure 'big shot bob' will make some clutch shots again during the rest of the playoffs

Old 05-20-2007, 10:02 PM

4,273 posts, read 15,295,713 times
In the Rocket's "glory days", I loved Horry. I loved the Rockets. I even met him once at the DMV while we were waiting to pay the registration to our cars! However, seeing the Suns vs Spurs games, I have lost all respect for the guy. Totally cheap shot! As a native Houstonian, I of course abhor the Spurs. Moving to Phoenix, I was conflicted who to root for - being a native Texan and all - but after seeing how "drity" the Spurs were playing, the choice became simple. I think David Robinson kept the Spurs together and now he's not there anymore.

Old 05-20-2007, 10:17 PM
jco

2,121 posts, read 6,468,793 times
It was totally a cheap shot. I think Stern's move was even worse, though. He shouldn't have rewarded that behavior by handing the Spurs victory in the series. I've decided I'm done with basketball after this season. There's too much riding on the refs, too many teams winning by whining, drawing the foul, or hitting other people. Horry was just the straw that broke the camel's back for me. I asked why the number of basketball fans is dropping in America. Now I have my answer!

Old 05-21-2007, 02:25 PM

536 posts, read 1,196,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jco View Post
It was totally a cheap shot. I think Stern's move was even worse, though. He shouldn't have rewarded that behavior by handing the Spurs victory in the series. I've decided I'm done with basketball after this season. There's too much riding on the refs, too many teams winning by whining, drawing the foul, or hitting other people. Horry was just the straw that broke the camel's back for me. I asked why the number of basketball fans is dropping in America. Now I have my answer!
you make good points about the nba, and the refs deciding way to many games. tictac fouls. fantom fouls..its getting rediculous

Old 05-21-2007, 06:21 PM

99 posts, read 352,248 times
That was a real cheap shot, if it wasn't for that the Suns would be beating
Utah right now. Suns would have won game 5 and 7 (if not 6) and moved
on. If that is the way suspensions will be dealt here is a good way to handle it. If that's the rule I had an idea for Phoenix. In game 5 while Stoudamire and Diaw were suspended, they should have had their biggest
no name scrub run out and jump on Duncans back putting him in a choke
hold !! Guaranteed to get a few spurs off the bench or at least suspended, then they would have had to suspend some Spurs. Then the higher paid
players could pay the fines for the scrub as it would have ensured that they
could win game 6..then close in 7. Two wrongs don't make a right, I know,
but this was Phoenix year if it wasn't for Horry being a little baby/bad loser. Big lucky shot Bob is washed up, his little sissy frustration shows he just can't
get it done any more.

Old 06-05-2007, 10:29 AM

232 posts, read 997,664 times
It was a cheap shot...or so it appeared....I am a huge Steve Nash/Suns fan...but I also like Big shot Rob.....so kind of conflicted.

Old 06-05-2007, 11:38 PM

172 posts, read 610,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jco View Post
I agree completely...used to really like Horry, basically the only one on the old Lakers team of the early 2000's...when they kept beating my favorite Kings...anyways, I lost a lot of respect for the guy. I also completely agree with jco, I will watch very few games next year, only Suns games basically...will still watch highlights though.....but Stern I also lost a lot of respect for and I REALLY hate Stu Jackson, the Grizzlies failures and now this, that guy is a joke
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball