Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2011, 06:00 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,115,947 times

Advertisements

his 17 year old daughter just died.

Quote:
Ashlyn Horry, the 17-year-old daughter of former NBA player Robert Horry, died today from “severe respiratory issues and a host of other complications requiring a six month stay in Texas Childrens Hospital’s Neonatal Intensive Care Unit,” according to a report posted on Black Sports Online.

Ashlyn underwent numerous tests and multiple surgeries, according to the report, and nearly died on several other occasions. She was diagnosed with a chromosome abnormality so rare it did not even have name.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2011, 06:32 AM

3,870 posts, read 4,088,151 times
Sad story.

Old 06-15-2011, 06:46 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,503,526 times
Wow, really sad.

Old 06-15-2011, 08:42 AM

2,112 posts, read 2,700,493 times
Very sad news. Hope the rest of his family is doing alright.

Old 06-15-2011, 11:48 AM

78,616 posts, read 60,797,576 times
Poor kid.

Old 06-15-2011, 01:13 PM

3,652 posts, read 4,717,678 times
Man, my condolences to Robert Horry and family.

Old 06-17-2011, 10:39 PM

8,164 posts, read 15,162,642 times
Our condolences

Old 06-19-2011, 10:27 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,115,947 times
an open letter from robert horry to his daughter for all nba fans to read.

Quote:
Dear Ashlyn,

Your beautiful smile has always been my inspiration. Although I am the father, you were my teacher, my hope and incentive, and my role model -- to your brother Camron and mother, Keva, as well.

Born with courage and determination, you confronted and overcame the challenges of 1p36 deletion syndrome, a rare and disabling genetic disorder. My admiration for you is only outdone by your dazzling smile, immortal in my heart.

I wanted you to join the play of the other children on holidays, but that was my hardship -- you enjoyed the laughter and seized every moment.

Houston was your home, the place where you underwent care and treatment and offered the same with your striking and infectious smile. My NBA career was a challenge because it kept me away from home, but no matter where I played -- Los Angeles or San Antonio -- my heart always remained in Houston. And I couldn't wait to visit so I could hold you. Daddy-daughter time was precious; I treasured our moments together and held onto your irresistible smile, my inspiration.

My retirement finally enabled me to join you, and I witnessed the fighter spirit daily. The things we take for granted -- breathing, eating, walking -- were your obstacles. But you faced every challenge with courage and that charming smile that made everything better.

On this day, Father's Day, your spirit is watching over me and making sure we are all safe and warm. I know you are smiling on life, love and family, and waiting for us to join you. There will come a time when we will again see that engaging smile that brought us so much joy each day of your life.

In your loving memory, we will persistently seek to increase awareness of 1p36 deletion syndrome through your foundation. We will bring hope to others around the world, to the children who suffer from the same genetic disorder, and to those parents and families who share the same desperation.

As the clock ticks, we will nudge medical science with your courage and determination and hope and pray that your eternal smile will offer the comfort that inspired me each day of your beautiful life.

I will always love you.

Love, Dad

Old 06-21-2011, 10:13 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,796,444 times
Brian Shaw also had a sad story...they were both teammates before right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball