Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 01:18 PM

1,478 posts, read 5,087,830 times

Advertisements

On value, amount of car for the money:
Accord
Altima
Sonata

However, if you were to ask and prices were not priority, I would rate these cars in this order:
Genesis
Maxima
Accord
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2010, 04:59 PM

5,007 posts, read 15,434,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastern Roamer View Post
On value, amount of car for the money:
Accord
Altima

Really?

Because last I looked, Honda lagged far behind Nissan when it came to options and techno goodies.

Old 01-05-2010, 05:30 PM

867 posts, read 2,141,889 times
my honest opinion is the accord looks like crap and the altima has no ignition (call me picky but push button is just not my cup of tea) so I'd go with the sonata especially with the warrenty they offer but you can't really go wrong with either altimas are cool and hondas don't break so it's really up to you

Old 01-05-2010, 05:33 PM

3,633 posts, read 6,180,693 times
I've owned three Hondas, the first being a 1980 Civic. It's my opinion that the quality of Hondas (and Toyotas, from what I've read) has really gone downhill. I had a 2002 Accord that I only kept for 13,000 miles because of numerous quality and repair issues. The Japanese manufacturers forced other carmakers to catch up, and many have done so, and even surpassed them.

I used to turn up my nose at Hyundais, but I have two friends with several-year-old Sonatas and I have to say, they are nice cars and have been very trouble-free. I read today in the business press that Hyundai and KIA were the only carmakers to show increased sales in 2009, besides Subaru. KIA sales were up an astonishing 44% in December. I have a KIA Sedona van for camping in (as a second car) and I'm extremely impressed with its features and ride, not even counting the fact that it was so inexpensive. I never dreamed I would own a KIA, after having a BMW, Volvo, etc. in the past, but I would definitely buy another of their well-reviewed models (not all are).

My take is that some brands are riding on their past reputations, and others are actually making good cars NOW. Check consumer reviews on Edmunds.com...you might be surprised at the change in "conventional wisdom" regarding some of these brands.

Old 01-05-2010, 06:00 PM

5,007 posts, read 15,434,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04JETTA View Post
my honest opinion is the accord looks like crap and the altima has no ignition (call me picky but push button is just not my cup of tea) so I'd go with the sonata especially with the warrenty they offer but you can't really go wrong with either altimas are cool and hondas don't break so it's really up to you

SmartKey technology is fantastic.

I will never buy another car that has to use a key.

Old 01-05-2010, 07:05 PM

105 posts, read 298,524 times
Smart key was really cool. When I decided on the Altima over the Honda, I gave up a LOT of upgrades and perks. Honda nickels and dimes you for every little feature. Other automakers maybe be priced the same as Honda, but they give you a whole lot more for your money.

Look at what comes standard in a Ford Flex, a GMC Terrain, or an Altima. And then look at what you get standard in any Honda.

Love my car, but I have a whole lot of modding to do.

Old 01-05-2010, 09:22 PM

4,229 posts, read 17,621,816 times
Altima
Accord
Sonata

Old 01-06-2010, 09:20 AM

6,367 posts, read 16,885,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04JETTA View Post
What's the difference between turning a key and making electrical contact and pushing a button and doing the same thing? Do you prefer manual windows over power windows? It's pretty much the same concept.

It's also very handy to just push a button on the door handle to unlock the doors. Same with the trunk, just push a button. It does have a normal key backup to unlock the door in case of a dead battery.

As far as reliability, in 3 years I've replaced the smart key battery once. No other problems.

Old 01-06-2010, 09:27 AM

3,046 posts, read 6,293,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getmeoutofhere View Post
SmartKey technology is fantastic.

I will never buy another car that has to use a key.

They are actuly easier to steal if you know what you are doing! Give me a key please!
And no, I won't post what I know about this. Too risky for smartkey car owners!
Bottomline is if a pro car thief wants your car/truck, you lose it.

Old 01-06-2010, 10:44 AM

6,367 posts, read 16,885,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12GO View Post
They are actuly easier to steal if you know what you are doing! Give me a key please!
And no, I won't post what I know about this. Too risky for smartkey car owners!
Bottomline is if a pro car thief wants your car/truck, you lose it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive