Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2010, 10:06 PM

6,367 posts, read 16,889,843 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_TN View Post
The Maxima is not in the same class the OP is asking about. It is priced quite a bit above the Altima, Accord and Sonata.

How is the Altima on par with a Civic? They are two completely different classes (sizes). The Sentra competes head on with the Civic.
Pretty much what I was thinking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2010, 10:15 PM

42 posts, read 78,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_TN View Post
The Maxima is not in the same class the OP is asking about. It is priced quite a bit above the Altima, Accord and Sonata.

How is the Altima on par with a Civic? They are two completely different classes (sizes). The Sentra competes head on with the Civic.
I've had an Altima, Civic, Maxima, and Accord in the past - I wasn't speaking in terms of size or price - An Accord is a step up from a Civic just as a Maxima is a step up from an Altima. Therefore, although I prefer Nissans to Hondas I would choose an Accord over an Altima. Hope that cleared up my logic a bit.

Old 01-02-2010, 10:24 PM

6,367 posts, read 16,889,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesgirl#7 View Post
I've had an Altima, Civic, Maxima, and Accord in the past - I wasn't speaking in terms of size or price - An Accord is a step up from a Civic just as a Maxima is a step up from an Altima. Therefore, although I prefer Nissans to Hondas I would choose an Accord over an Altima. Hope that cleared up my logic a bit.
What years were the Altima, Civic, Maxima and Accord that you owned?

Old 01-02-2010, 10:28 PM

42 posts, read 78,115 times
01 Altima (now), 97 Civic, 98 Maxima, 01 Accord . . . I loved them all, but if I had money I would definitely buy another Maxima , then the Accord, then the Altima.

Old 01-02-2010, 11:19 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,470,263 times
I drive an 08 V6 Sonata, got it lightly used...no complaints on any of the major driving features. I've driven the thing across the country and it has handled beautifully. Very reliable with minimal issues at 31k miles now. There were a few little things like an occasional buggy movement on the passenger-side mirror and one of the visors, but the bumper to bumper warranty took care of that. I know the Accord has a greater image / status among most people, but this car was a lot cheaper.

Old 01-03-2010, 06:09 AM

4,010 posts, read 10,221,738 times
  • Sonata = It's hard to say anything wrong about Hyundai these days. It's the reason they were the only car manufacturer to significantly increase their sales last year. Everyone else lost.
  • Accord = Extremely nice vehicle but not worth the premium. Personal taste - I don't like Honda's styling these days. Honda has had some serious trouble with their larger automatic transmissions over the last 10 years. (Honda's automatics are different from everyone elses) I'm not sure if this affects the Accord or not, but it is a big black stain on their record.
  • Altima = Nissan is being run by Renault now. Need I say more? In all the cars that we have owned the only Nissan that ever appealed to me was the Infinity J30. Their new product IMO isn't worth of it's competition. Back in the days when they were still called Datsun here, they had a advert, "Datsun We are Driven" and consumer reports used to add "Only under duress"
If it were me, I would probably go with the Hyundai especially if you want good value and good quality.

Old 01-03-2010, 12:17 PM
JRR

8,181 posts, read 5,689,411 times
Just out of curiosity, have you considered the Mazda 6?

Old 01-03-2010, 01:56 PM

2,785 posts, read 6,641,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
Just out of curiosity, have you considered the Mazda 6?
Not too familiar with Mazda. But would be willing to give it a try. I do not want anything American. Sorry, no offense, but I go to Michigan on business and that is all they drive up there, and I have seen and rode in 2008s and newer that are already making noises and other problems.

Old 01-03-2010, 02:04 PM

3,223 posts, read 10,112,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavercreek33 View Post
Which one would you choose?
Hyundai Sonata, I'm glad Hyundai is now up there with Honda and Toyota, I really like the new Hyundai's alot

Old 01-03-2010, 05:08 PM

2,715 posts, read 11,924,089 times
Many good opinions here. Please let us know what you ultimately choose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive