Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 12:22 PM

2,685 posts, read 6,426,558 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wing Feathers View Post
The American way of life that import owners have been destroying little by little over the last 25 years Heil!
No, no my friend...You mean the big 3 have been shooting themselves in the feet for quite some time, by short changing hard working Americans...(the whole way of life nonsense won't fly here, or anywhere else)..Get that thought out of your mind for now and for ever.
It's a free market. I, and millions of other Americans can buy what we see fit (regardless of where it was built). May the best man win. Plain and Simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Frankly I would have a hard time trusting any of teh big htree to teh point that I use to. They bascailly caused their own problem in owner loyality by producing junk cars that many loss alot of money on. I'll stick to honda and toyota as long as they continue to give the reliabilty they have for me in the past.
..Ditto!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2009, 12:41 PM

3,855 posts, read 13,271,195 times
Lots of American car haters out there i guess.

My '02 Suburban has probably been the lowest matenance vehicle I've ever come into contact with. Same with all the other full sized trucks my family has owned in the past 10 years. Nothing gone wrong with them except tires, batteries, and other similar items. Am I just lucky?

Old 09-08-2009, 12:58 PM

2,685 posts, read 6,426,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drjones96 View Post
Lots of American car haters out there i guess.
Am I just lucky?
YES!!!...lol...(J/K). (I could not resist)..

Old 09-08-2009, 01:25 PM

^I suppose my question was rhetorical.

No....i'm not lucky at all really. Our American made GM trucks have been nothing short of awesome.

Old 09-08-2009, 01:31 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,676,881 times
I don't care who makes the car--if I'm going to buy it, I'm going to get the cheapest thing I can find.

$1000 or less.

Old 09-08-2009, 01:48 PM

^LOL

You get what you pay for. Don't whine about who makes it or where it's made for that price.

Old 09-08-2009, 01:50 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,676,881 times
Like I said, I really don't care. It's only an A-B car.

Old 09-08-2009, 02:28 PM

2,061 posts, read 4,137,128 times
I don't see anyone hear proudly proclaiming ownership of ANY Cadillac with a Northstar engine in it.[/quote]

Guess I'll be the first then~ My olds aurora with northstar engine worked fine for first 250,000 miles with only a waterpump and a set of plugs changed. Then traded for a caddy w/ only 100,000 miles on it. Got another 150,000 miles before wife said we had to get a minivan.

Only car I owned by a forign manufacturer was a Fairlady Z ~ liked it but was afraid if I brought a car with steering wheel on the right hand side back from Japan I'd have trouble getting it licensed.

Guess everyone else likes to buy cars from countries where employee healthcare is paid by the government rather than the employer~ gotta admit cars are cheaper that way.

Old 09-08-2009, 03:22 PM

13,714 posts, read 31,190,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wing Feathers View Post
The American way of life that import owners have been destroying little by little over the last 25 years Heil!
The American way of life to me means that I should be able to buy the products I want that meet my needs. The American way of life also means the best products earn the business they deserve. Over the last twenty years most American made vehicles lost customers to imports because the imports were better in some way. There hasn't been a good small American car until recently. The focus on trucks and SUVs left them high and dry when fuel prices went up.

Some of the American cars I have driven over the last 20 years were absolute crap. The Chevy Lumina was the worst sedan I have driven in my adult life. The Pontiac Grand Am so popular with Avis for years was another POS. The original Ford Explorer was a trendsetter but it really wasn't very good. On and on.....

I don't hate American cars. I've owned several that were good. My Ford F250 SD was an excellent, reliable vehicle. I would buy again. I'm shopping for a used sedan right now and the Ford Fusion is at the top of my list. It is an excellent car and more fun to drive than an Accord. The Honda engines are better though.

Most of the problems with the American car companies were self-induced. Bad designs, bad financial management, bad union contracts, lack of vision, and more.

The American way of living also means failure should not be rewarded.

Old 09-09-2009, 01:23 PM

3,483 posts, read 6,267,693 times
I would, like alot of their new designs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive