Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2021, 05:04 PM

4,621 posts, read 2,220,924 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by John-UK View Post
They can't make enough of them. Do you live out in the sticks somewhere?
So they're inferior they're too difficult to manufacture in the volumes that they manufacture Chryslers.

Old 03-02-2021, 05:04 PM

4,709 posts, read 5,062,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hankrigby View Post
No I don't need your help. If they can't make enough of them that's a problem isn't it? They can make enough Ford f-150s.
No I actually live in the fourth largest city in the US
A pickup eh. I see. Go to bed with the manual under your pillow?

The 4th largest city? An oil city? I see where you are coming from.

What is your beef?

Old 03-02-2021, 05:06 PM

4,621 posts, read 2,220,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John-UK View Post
"Oil production is dirty wasetful process".
When you say this but you use vast amounts of petroleum. Do you ever buy food from a supermarket? How do you think it got there? Most likely it wasn't brought there via electric delivery van.

Old 03-02-2021, 05:13 PM

4,709 posts, read 5,062,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hankrigby View Post
When you say this but you use vast amounts of petroleum. Do you ever buy food from a supermarket? How do you think it got there? Most likely it wasn't brought there via electric delivery van.
You do not get this for sure. Look the vid in post 1.

Old 03-02-2021, 05:15 PM

3,763 posts, read 5,856,746 times
I am not opposed to EVs; however, those of us that lived out west want a car that we can hop in and drive 300-400 miles at 75 MPH with the A/C blowing at us and not have to stop for fuel. Sparsely populated areas are a norm out here. Also, not having to wait in line to use the charger and then wait another 20-30 minutes to recharge is not what seems desirable. I will wait until the infrastructure meets the needs and there is more perfecting of the product. Paying the amount of money that would buy the EV that I would want ( features, luxury items, etc.) would cost close to 70K . I feel that is too much to pay for a car just to drive in the city. I am sure that eventually this will be worked out and will be a "wonderful thing". But in the meantime, I will sit on the sidelines and wait for this to shake out.

Old 03-02-2021, 05:17 PM

44,349 posts, read 20,053,982 times
People, knock it off with the baiting, bickering, name calling and personal attacks.

Perhaps the arguments for and against EVs should take place in the P&OC (Politics & Other Controversies) forum. There's been enough arguing about it here, and this thread is now closed.
Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive