Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2010, 01:49 AM

39 posts, read 85,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Or is it just causing your engine to burn lean and you'll be replacing cooked valves soon?
hope not, 160,000 miles on wife's truck and 300,000 plus on my Toy. NO cooked valves to date, knock on wood.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2010, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretkona View Post
One idea that no one seems to have tried is to create a hydrogen cell that you can fill at home to boost the gasoline with.

Myself, I would rather not even drive next to someone that thinks they can out build auto manufactures. Reminds me of the backyard designers that thought they could out build VW's aircooled motors with "new improved" cooling tins.
Its been doon.

Green Car Congress: British Company Developing Home Electrolyzer for Hydrogen Production; Dual-Fuel Conversion Offers Hydrogen Range of 25 Miles

Old 10-31-2010, 08:25 PM

More snake oil.

United Nuclear - Hydrogen Fuel Systems

Old 10-31-2010, 10:54 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,332,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruia View Post
Once again, the question is not whether an ICE can run on hydrogen. With the proper modifications it can, and everyone knows it can, even those who also know the "make your engine more fuel-efficient by generating hydrogen with your alternator" crap is snake oil. The system in your link uses an external source to produce the hydrogen. That is not what these stupid ripoff HHO kits do.

Old 10-31-2010, 11:08 PM

783 posts, read 2,260,978 times
Wow, I didn't realize when I stepped in here this thing was 23 pages long...

I clicked around and have yet to see mention of brown's gas (which this thing makes) and the fact that 10A of current from a car alternator is nothing. Even if it's 30A you're talking about half a HP from an alternator that's spinning constantly no matter what. Your AC clutch probably uses 10A, and your headlights most certainly do. Does your mileage go down at night? No, because the alternator costs more in efficiency simply from having to spin than due to how much current it's supplying. The energy to make the brown's gas isn't free, it's simply swamped by the other losses.

Has ANYONE here saying these things are crap actually tried one? Has anyone making this claim run a car with water injection? I have, and I can tell you it made a noticeable difference - not in mileage, but in max power output. These devices are nto making enough gas to run the engine, they are making gas to AUGMENT the fuel already being supplied. I've never made a brown's gas device myself, but it's definitely something I've considered. My biggest issue is having to rig up a water supply.

Old 11-01-2010, 03:07 PM

24,529 posts, read 26,076,264 times
^^ It's only 6 if you change you posts per page preference to 40.

Old 11-01-2010, 06:49 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,904,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poptones View Post
Wow, I didn't realize when I stepped in here this thing was 23 pages long...

I clicked around and have yet to see mention of brown's gas (which this thing makes) and the fact that 10A of current from a car alternator is nothing. Even if it's 30A you're talking about half a HP from an alternator that's spinning constantly no matter what. Your AC clutch probably uses 10A, and your headlights most certainly do. Does your mileage go down at night? No, because the alternator costs more in efficiency simply from having to spin than due to how much current it's supplying. The energy to make the brown's gas isn't free, it's simply swamped by the other losses.

Has ANYONE here saying these things are crap actually tried one? Has anyone making this claim run a car with water injection? I have, and I can tell you it made a noticeable difference - not in mileage, but in max power output. These devices are nto making enough gas to run the engine, they are making gas to AUGMENT the fuel already being supplied. I've never made a brown's gas device myself, but it's definitely something I've considered. My biggest issue is having to rig up a water supply.
As you stated, you're 23 pages late. Everything mentioned has been discussed and debunked.
Water injection has nothing to do with HHO. Read all 23 pages and get back to us...

Old 11-01-2010, 07:22 PM

783 posts, read 2,260,978 times
I still see no debunking. I see lots of people saying ti doesn't work, the only one I can see claiming to have tried and it didnt is mythbusters.

Old 11-02-2010, 06:56 AM

done

Old 11-02-2010, 04:35 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,904,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poptones View Post
I still see no debunking. I see lots of people saying ti doesn't work, the only one I can see claiming to have tried and it didnt is mythbusters.
It would seem the only way you will get the proof you need is to build one yourself. Then you have two possible outcomes.
The first, and far and away the most likely conclusion you will arrive at is, "That was sure a waste of time and money, only to prove to myself that there is no way in H&ll that this junk science can possibly work, just as people have been trying to tell me for 23 pages...!" .....or,
....possibility number two, you build a system that works and you can prove it, and over the next year or so, you surpass all of the techie billionaires in the world by a huge amount, and Bill Gates will be taking out your trash...!
I, for one, know where I'll be placing my money. If it could be done, it would have been done many years ago. There are millions of automotive genius's out there with the knowledge and proper equipment, who would have done so if it were possible...
As soon as you figure out how to make water run uphill, you will have figured out how to defeat the law of physics, and you will be well on your way...
I'm sure I speak for all of us in wishing you the very best of luck in your endevor. We all would love to see it work.. Keep us posted on your progress....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive