Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2010, 11:11 AM

7,474 posts, read 22,895,972 times

Advertisements

I was chatting with Elvis Presley just yesterday, and he assured my that HHO does work.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2010, 11:58 AM

39 posts, read 85,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bydand View Post
They can tell you how, but nobody on Earth can actually scientifically show you how to make HHO work.
Scientifically the math doesn't work so no experiments are done; or experiments are done and inject with their own bias to prove there believe (myth busters). Who knows, they get killed or paid off, but I don't won't to go there.
Some of these proven experiments where done back in the 1800's. Please remember experiments are to prove or disprove and thousands of people are building these simple devises and some get positive results. In conclusion, I'll state that I don't particularly care whether scientists can prove or disprove if it's working. I'm just answering the question asked, HHO... does it really work? Yes it does.

Old 10-30-2010, 12:01 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,273,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruia View Post
Scientifically the math doesn't work so no experiments are done; or experiments are done and inject with their own bias to prove there believe (myth busters). Who knows, they get killed or paid off, but I don't won't to go there.
Some of these proven experiments where done back in the 1800's. Please remember experiments are to prove or disprove and thousands of people are building these simple devises and some get positive results. In conclusion, I'll state that I don't particularly care whether scientists can prove or disprove if it's working. I'm just answering the question asked, HHO... does it really work? Yes it does.
The beginning sentence and end sentence of your post are irreconcilable.

Old 10-30-2010, 12:27 PM

Okay, didn't think that it was so different and incompatible.
Thanks for the schooling.
Here's a good quote.
(Addison-Wesley, 1998), Feynman made these wise observations "The exception tests the rule." Or, put it another way. "The exception proves that the rule is wrong." That is the principle of science. If there is an exception to any rule, and if it can be proved by observation, that rule is wrong.

Old 10-30-2010, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruia View Post
Okay, didn't think that it was so different and incompatible.
Thanks for the schooling.
Here's a good quote.
(Addison-Wesley, 1998), Feynman made these wise observations "The exception tests the rule." Or, put it another way. "The exception proves that the rule is wrong." That is the principle of science. If there is an exception to any rule, and if it can be proved by observation, that rule is wrong.
And so far, it has not been empirically proven by observation. And that's because we're not just talking about an unverified rule here but a fundamental scientific principle that has been amply demonstrated over centuries. And I'm sorry but HHO does not magically turn the law of conservation of energy on its head.

Old 10-30-2010, 05:25 PM

Don't be sorry; I agree, the law of conservation of energy is theoretically the limit as we understand it today. The question should be what is the limit? My observation tells me that it is working on our vehicles because of better fuel mileage and off the line power. Again, why does this HHO and not just hydrogen give my vehicle better Fuel mileage. Or is the thermodynamic cycles more efficient because of HHO which gives better Bern and therefor the stated results.
Other observation, plotting fuel mileage get better with more HHO to a point then it drops off very quickly running into the hypothesis that it does not work. I potted out (bell-shaped curve). I am working on the technology to keep it at the top of that curve because I feel that it is the secret of HHO.

Old 10-30-2010, 06:00 PM

Or is it just causing your engine to burn lean and you'll be replacing cooked valves soon?

Old 10-30-2010, 07:01 PM

6,664 posts, read 30,634,581 times
One idea that no one seems to have tried is to create a hydrogen cell that you can fill at home to boost the gasoline with.

Myself, I would rather not even drive next to someone that thinks they can out build auto manufactures. Reminds me of the backyard designers that thought they could out build VW's aircooled motors with "new improved" cooling tins.

Old 10-30-2010, 07:48 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,895,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretkona View Post
One idea that no one seems to have tried is to create a hydrogen cell that you can fill at home to boost the gasoline with.
I covered that in an earlier post. Hydrogen tanks are pressurized to 10,000 lbs of pressure. Let me know when you think you can build a compressor at home to attain that kind of pressure, or a fuel system to hold that kind of pressure.
Can you build a lower pressure system..? Yes,if you only want to go a couple of blocks... Even a high pressure tank has very limited range. It's all experimental right now
All these discussions are a waste of time. HHO has NEVER been proven to work in the 60 or so years the idea has been around.
Anyone that says otherwise is either fooling themselves, or just plain lying... The first person who proves it can be done would be richer than Bill Gates... So, go for it..~!!

Old 10-30-2010, 11:24 PM

6,664 posts, read 30,634,581 times
Well, I do have a compressor for refilling my scuba tanks for 3500 pounds of dry air.
Compressors are available for natural gas vehicles.

We do know HHO works, it just is not possible with a shoebox of crap mounted on the fender. The argument is that claims are made that enough hydrogen can be created as we drive, and it is a false claim.
Auto manufactures' are making vehicles with replaceable hydrogen cells already.

Do not get me wrong, these homemade devises are crap. There is no magic way of creating something to sidestep laws of physics.
Every time the economy goes bad, these devises come out of the closet for removing the cash out of our wallets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive