Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2009, 01:39 PM

681 posts, read 2,915,618 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by propulsionengineertom View Post
.. bussines.. soilders ... intial ... emmisions...... thier ......[and on and on and on]
If your memory will allow you to go back to when you were writing this enlightened tome you might recall that little red lines appeared as if by magic under certain words a minute or two after they first popped up on your screen.

Now I know you're an educated engineer, and all that, but supposing you are more into propulsion than computers I thought it helpful to inform you those little red lines were indicating probably misspelled words. Obviously, in order to function in their chosen field engineers do not need to know much about spelling or anything along that nature - unless they want other people to understand, appreciate and maybe even accept their work output and professional opinions. If that is not the case with you, kind sir, please disregard the paragraphs below. And have a nice day.

Were you to have placed your cursor over those words after the little red lines appeared and right-clicked your mouse, a pop-up box would have provided optional spelling and word suggestions, one of which you could have highlighted and selected - giving a potential reader the opportunity to take your meme more seriously, rather than consider it the uninhibited and ill-considered work output of a drooling neanderthal.

One other tip, which is more than likely not going to be appreciated or heeded either, but "what the hey"? Casually or needlessly expressing one's world view vis-a-vis politics, conspiracy theories, motive assumptions and code words while discussing scientific observations will never help an engineer's work output be accepted by serious scientists. Au contraire. Those things are more appreciated by the self-styled clever and superficial chattering classes, not individuals who by their very nature are more comfortable reasoning things out for themselves. Such as Edison and Telsa. Have a really nice day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2009, 03:11 PM

39 posts, read 85,203 times
Cool Cyber-Scientists’ needed

Am I the only one that is working with these toys on this site? still no response from the folk with the toys.

I’m also on frequency. Over and out.

"What is a sufficient amount of hydrogen if they claim 20 to 30% increase in MPG to which I have seen better then 40% using water. Your issue is the cost of the energy required to get a sufficient amount of hydrogen out of the process, they say 75 watts which is 6.25 amps, am I right (Watts / Volts = Amps). May I ask if anyone out there in cyber land had 20 to 30% gains in MPH with the use of a HHO unit with 12 volts @ 6 Amps? Even if a HHO system did 10% you’re saving because it’s not GAS that you’re stripping the hydrogen off.
I’m willing to test this. Now how do I get a Hydrogen-Boosted Gasoline Engine Reformer or get plans to make one? Come on cyber-scientists’;the principle of science is to prove or disprove. If there is an exception to any rule, and if it can be proved by observation that rule is wrong and we need to change it or just use it to our advantage to save money.
Also, if it’s a hydrocarbon that a Reformer needs why gasoline and not alcohol, it’s made from the same chains which are C’s and H’s and it’s made locally. My point. "

Old 02-17-2009, 04:59 PM

1,398 posts, read 7,710,914 times
[quote=Franklyn;7365099]

I reread this...again....and am still LMAO...

One of best I've EVER read

Old 02-17-2009, 06:42 PM

9,884 posts, read 11,000,630 times
Telsa? who the heck is "Telsa"?

Old 02-17-2009, 07:10 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,332,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
They're an 80s hair-metal band best known for their album The Grate Rdaio Contorvrisy.

Old 02-17-2009, 07:10 PM

681 posts, read 2,915,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
You got me. Tesla. I'm doing three laps around the course as soon as I'm outta here.

Old 02-18-2009, 06:57 PM

2,845 posts, read 10,522,068 times
There seems to be hundreds of people who have had success with this, but all of my natural instincts tell me it is completely bogus. There's something I'm missing here.....the tin foil hat conspiracy theories injected into this thread aren't helping convince me either, but I guess I have some reading to do. I really hope it does work, who wouldn't?

Old 02-18-2009, 08:25 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,904,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean sean sean sean View Post
There seems to be hundreds of people who have had success with this, but all of my natural instincts tell me it is completely bogus. There's something I'm missing here.....the tin foil hat conspiracy theories injected into this thread aren't helping convince me either, but I guess I have some reading to do. I really hope it does work, who wouldn't?
People have been hoping it would work for over 50 years now. I rears it's phony head every time the price of gas goes up, then dies off for a while until more gullible people come along....
You will ready many stories of people who built one and it works, but no one, EVER, have "proven" one to work.....

Old 07-24-2009, 01:51 PM

1 posts, read 1,618 times
Default no need for 10,000 psi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
Phony devices to improve gas mileage have been around since the advent of the automobile. They start popping up whenever gas prices increase. If any of them worked, the manufactures would snap them up in an instant. The auto factories would love to find a simple way to increase mileage, and get the government off of their backs..!
One of the main drawbacks to burning hydrogen is the extreme pressure it operates under. Natural gas operates in pressures in excess of 4000 PSI. To make tanks that will withstand that pressure, be light enough, and strong enough to store in a motor vehicle, the capacity is minimal. Look in the trunk of a NGV, and you will see several huge tanks that hold about eight gallons of total fuel, which doesn't go very far.
Hydrogen operates at pressures up to 10,000 PSI, so the task of providing tanks that will operate safely at that pressure, and hold enough fuel to go around the block, is one of the biggest drawbacks to hydrogen.
To suggest this contraption with it's plastic hoses can provide hydrogen at 10000 PSI, is way past laughable.
And no, no one made hydrogen from a few scraps of junk they found on the floor of their garage. These devices are nothing more than fancy water injectors, which have also been around for decades, and are beneficial to a degree, but don't expect to see any noticeable increase in fuel mileage.
Before you break out your credit card, remember good old P.T.Barnum. He was right, there is a sucker born every minute...!
There are brilliant engineers around the word working on the solution to this problem, and if it's ever solved, it will be the biggest news story of the century. If you think you increased your mileage with this devise, then you can cure cancer with a placebo..!
why do some people try to tell others (that does not work) when they have no clue is beyond me! when they made a car run on gas or a plene fly i am sure that they was nay sayers but come on, we are not talking about flying, we are talking about something as simple as electrolysis that is proven it works and all flammable gas burns! A note to everyone, search were NASA done the research and the results are documented,do the research before u say (it wont work) or it takes all this pressure to use when it takes about 1 pound to be more exact!I know I made one and use it everyday!

Old 07-24-2009, 02:47 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,904,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdenny3rd View Post
why do some people try to tell others (that does not work) when they have no clue is beyond me! when they made a car run on gas or a plene fly i am sure that they was nay sayers but come on, we are not talking about flying, we are talking about something as simple as electrolysis that is proven it works and all flammable gas burns! A note to everyone, search were NASA done the research and the results are documented,do the research before u say (it wont work) or it takes all this pressure to use when it takes about 1 pound to be more exact!I know I made one and use it everyday!
I will repeat for those with thick heads... In over fifty years this junk sicience has been around, NO ONE HAS EVER PROVEN IT TO WORK...!
The non-believers don't need to prove it doesn't work, the believers need to prove it does, and that has never been done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive