Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2010, 08:27 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,243,287 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by limon76 View Post
guys, simple example, if you have volume of "A" in the engine, and let's say before air+fuel was "B" where "A"="B". Now you are adding "C"=Hydrogen which make "B+C=A". Remember that "A" never changed. so ofcourse you need less "B" to perform as before. You can argue that we can add more air into the mixture but that will not do good as air is not explosive. But hydrogen is, which will also ignite and burn faster, so you get more power and less fuel.
We also have to remember to let the computer know that more air(include hydrogen) is coming so that less fuel can be ejected into the engine.
I don't know how hot the hydrogen burns into, if it releases more heat than regular fuel then we will have problem with the engines. Maybe car companies are researching on it.
Some people argued that car companies are investing millions to get half mpg, but these people never see that the same car companies are spending billions on AD. I believe it was 2002 or 2003, Nissan's Marketing budget was over 3 billion dollar. Also how many times you see AD of an oil company? Don't you think that, parts of that 3 billion comes from the oil companies? You sell more cars, means you sell more oil, win win for both companies. Only consumers get to suck their thumb and think "Oh there is no alternative solution".
You're forgetting one teensy-tiny little detail: that hydrogen isn't free, and the law of thermodynamics does not bend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2010, 07:38 AM

12,083 posts, read 38,873,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
I'm afraid Limon, with all of his A"s and B's =C's = A, etc, really add up to BS..!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
You're forgetting one teensy-tiny little detail: that hydrogen isn't free, and the law of thermodynamics does not bend.
Come on you two, don't you know that when it comes to HHO; common sense, sound Scientific facts, and Logic are all tossed out the window. In fact if you build one of these BS..., I mean wondrous devices, that in your vehicles wake will magically be new fields of lilacs and clover instead of pavement and pollution! You'll not only double your mileage, but you will also be more handsome/beautiful, younger, and find your magic sleep number as well. Banks accounts will overflow and all your troubles will vanish like magic.

Why do I mention magic a couple of times, you might ask? Because if this concept which has NEVER been proven to actually work in a controlled study really does work, then "magic" has to be real and all laws of physics and nature can be suspended, if you only believe.

Old 09-10-2010, 10:44 AM

880 posts, read 2,347,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bydand View Post
In fact if you build one of these BS..., I mean wondrous devices, that in your vehicles wake will magically be new fields of lilacs and clover instead of pavement and pollution! You'll not only double your mileage, but you will also be more handsome/beautiful, younger, and find your magic sleep number as well. Banks accounts will overflow and all your troubles will vanish like magic.
Somebody please start mass producing these devices. I need new pastures for my unicorns.

Old 09-16-2010, 03:02 PM

1 posts, read 1,586 times
i have installed in generator engine provide electricity

it gaves me 20% for 1 hour
and for 2 hours it gave 10% can someone show me some ways to get better percentage using HHO

thanks

Old 09-16-2010, 03:20 PM

12,083 posts, read 38,873,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikx View Post
i have installed in generator engine provide electricity

it gaves me 20% for 1 hour
and for 2 hours it gave 10% can someone show me some ways to get better percentage using HHO

thanks
They can tell you how, but nobody on Earth can actually scientifically show you how to make HHO work.

Old 10-28-2010, 08:48 PM

39 posts, read 85,193 times
Just took a trip from San Diego to Vegas, 25MPG average. I have gotten 30 MPG before. I am not a Car teck and why it works, I do not know. Without this addon I would be lucky to get 20MPG doing 55.
The powers that be have been experimenting with running cars on hydrogen for years.But this is not just hydrogen that I am using to add power to help with fuel mileage alone. It is a small amount of Hydrogen (2 ltr) and Oxygen split form water not 5-seconds before and added to engine. It is a little different to run car on just hydrogen as you discussed a tank with lots of pressure that can go BOOM and you’re off to the MOON. I belt my first Generator for less then $50.00, and a small amount of the highly explosive gas has not damaged anything to date, just to be trueful. It Works If You Work It.

Old 10-28-2010, 10:14 PM

6,664 posts, read 30,627,093 times
Mine runs on snake oil, I get 35 mpg in a 1979 F150

Old 10-29-2010, 12:31 AM

681 posts, read 2,914,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretkona View Post
Mine runs on snake oil, I get 35 mpg in a 1979 F150
Well that's all well and good, you being up in snake country in the mid-Sierra, and all that, but those of us down here close to the coast have to rely on skunk oil, and that's a horse of a different odor - let me tell you.

Old 10-29-2010, 10:59 PM

39 posts, read 85,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bydand View Post
They can tell you how, but nobody on Earth can actually scientifically show you how to make HHO work.
snake oil?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqXnD...=QL&playnext=2

Old 10-30-2010, 12:52 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,243,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruia View Post
I think maybe you're missing the point, which is not that an ICE can't run on hydrogen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive