Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 07:52 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times

Advertisements

Go with your gut.

Either car will likely not be 'Lexus' reliable but as toys-------both German cars are quite the machine.

Side note: the Chrysler SRT-8 sedans (170 MPH top end, 13 second quarter) apparently can run pretty much run alongside the M or AMG.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2008, 11:19 AM

Location: Lived Large in Parsippany NJ - Lived Larger in Livingston, NJ -- Now Living Huge in Bethlehem PA
466 posts, read 2,200,158 times
Default Its the Bimmer no questions asked

Who got the keys to my bimmer.......hahaha....hands down no questions asked the M3 is the winner.....I know the M3 kind of sucks in snow from experience but hey its a rear wheel drive (I have not had the chance to test drive the newer model yet but either way it will still beat the C63) - anyway are you looking for a daily driver or just a weekend show car?

===============

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOnRainjer View Post
I have been reviewing these two new redesigns for 08 and its a tough choice. I like the looks of the Mercedes C63 but I like the handling of the BMW M3. I cant go wrong either way but trying to find a particular feature or reason to chose one over the other has been tough.

Any opinions out there about which one you like best and why?

Old 04-21-2008, 08:39 PM

164 posts, read 984,791 times
I just got back from test driving the M3 tonight. What a car. Dealer makes you keep it under 5000 rpm for the first 1200 miles but even at 5k rpm its a power packed machine.

Im looking for a daily driver definately. Even when I had my NSX it was not a garage queen. I buy them to drive them.

This rocket has superb handling, unbelieveable braking power, and more than enough horses to walk away from most. I think I would prefer an automatic as a daily driver in traffic but dealer is also giving me generous discounts to move this 6 speed off the showroom floor.

Im impressed with the M3. I just wish they had a C63 to test drive for comparison. Looks like the M3 will be in the garage before the weekend. Silver with fox red extended novilla leather and just about every option available. Thanks for all the comments

Old 04-22-2008, 12:10 PM

6,590 posts, read 11,288,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Go with your gut.

Either car will likely not be 'Lexus' reliable but as toys-------both German cars are quite the machine.

Side note: the Chrysler SRT-8 sedans (170 MPH top end, 13 second quarter) apparently can run pretty much run alongside the M or AMG.
Until you have to turn........ but that's also comparing apples to oranges.

Old 05-03-2008, 08:06 AM

323 posts, read 2,089,667 times
M3 without a doubt....

Haven't driven the newest 08 M3, but have drive the E46 gen....absolute thrill to drive.... I drove the 63...total machine but NO M3.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive