Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2013, 12:46 PM

25,858 posts, read 16,574,106 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
I NEVER let these people in. They know exactly what they are doing, and like you said, they are so smart to figure out that they can get 10 cars ahead of you by being the first person on the face of the earth to dream up the idea of driving up the merge lane (or the shoulder).

It is pretty funny when they pull up, so formally put their turn signal on, and act like the poor lost sheep and want to be let in. UHHHMMMMM.......NO. Not in front of me. Maybe you can sucker the guy behind me, but not me. And I especially love it when they get hung out there for a dozen cars while the lane they are trying to merge into takes off and they really get hung out to dry.

How retarded can people be? Force your way into a lane, force everyone else to put on their brakes so you can get in, which further impedes the overall flow of traffic.

But they are 'special'. I know. Especially the ones driving the leased Mercedes or BMW. Very special.

FU. Don't be fooled by the Tennessee plates. I cut my teeth driving in NYC and have seen stunts pulled which your brain hasn't even contemplated.

I hope you sit there until the cops come along and give you a ticket for illegal lane change and impeding the flow of traffic. Or better yet, force you to get off on the exit which ramp you are using to grab a few extra car lengths.

And BTW, I am going to pass you as soon as the traffic sorts itself out anyhow. You are a real brute at 15 MPH, but when the speed picks up and those of us who do lot of highway driving and know how to move along, clowns like you get left behind. So what did you accomplish with all of your shenanigans?

Yep. You proved to the world that you truly are a tool in a fancy car who can't drive to save their life.
So you would rather get in an accident than just allow a few car lengths in front of your car and WHO GIVES A RATS **** what someone else is doing? Why do you care? Was it your dream to be a hall monitor in your adulthood?

Thanks for this insight into what happens on the road. Every once in a while on a clear, beautiful day when I see an accident near a merge lane, now I know it's someone like you who just had to teach someone a lesson:sma ck:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2013, 01:29 PM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,752,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
I NEVER let these people in. They know exactly what they are doing, and like you said, they are so smart to figure out that they can get 10 cars ahead of you by being the first person on the face of the earth to dream up the idea of driving up the merge lane (or the shoulder).

It is pretty funny when they pull up, so formally put their turn signal on, and act like the poor lost sheep and want to be let in. UHHHMMMMM.......NO. Not in front of me. Maybe you can sucker the guy behind me, but not me. And I especially love it when they get hung out there for a dozen cars while the lane they are trying to merge into takes off and they really get hung out to dry.

How retarded can people be? Force your way into a lane, force everyone else to put on their brakes so you can get in, which further impedes the overall flow of traffic.

But they are 'special'. I know. Especially the ones driving the leased Mercedes or BMW. Very special.

FU. Don't be fooled by the Tennessee plates. I cut my teeth driving in NYC and have seen stunts pulled which your brain hasn't even contemplated.

I hope you sit there until the cops come along and give you a ticket for illegal lane change and impeding the flow of traffic. Or better yet, force you to get off on the exit which ramp you are using to grab a few extra car lengths.

And BTW, I am going to pass you as soon as the traffic sorts itself out anyhow. You are a real brute at 15 MPH, but when the speed picks up and those of us who do lot of highway driving and know how to move along, clowns like you get left behind. So what did you accomplish with all of your shenanigans?

Yep. You proved to the world that you truly are a tool in a fancy car who can't drive to save their life.
you cause more hazards with your stuck up "too good for you" attitude. theres no way in hell you can tell which cars deliberately cross over in the merge lane to move up faster.

Old 11-24-2013, 04:07 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,060,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ7 View Post
idiots and morons...i take it you havent been driving very long?

get over it.

as far as people driving in a merge lane, it is there lawful right to continue driving straight to merge in with the rest of traffic, even if they are passing everyone else. as far as other people driving into the merge lane to jump ahead, frankly not everyone that drives around those areas knows they are only merge lanes, some do and yes they can and do get pulled over for it. its similar to people that are trying to make a right turn but are backed up by traffic so they will drive into the shoulder to pass everyone and jump into the right turning lane just ahead, i see cops pulling people over for this alot.
No, <bold> just about 40 years or so and 20 as a truck driver (hazmat) so yeah, I've seen it all and then some. Following your (and some others) ideas it's also my lawful right to sit in that lane that's soon to end and maintain speed along with the flow of traffic as it's not safe to go faster It is those that try to beat everyone else that end up having to get over which forces someone to slow and then the red light cascade starts. Am I angry? Nope, got over that years ago.
Will I let 'em in? Maybe,maybe not. Have I put my semi in a blocking position? Sure, me and thousands of other commercial drivers who try to leave space so we don't have to stop-start-stop-start and wear out our leg on the clutch pedal and get impatient morons and idiots who just can't seem to wait their turn for our trouble.
Mommy told 'em they're "special" I guess and feel they don't have to wait their turn.

Old 11-24-2013, 04:10 PM

Quote:
you cause more hazards with your stuck up "too good for you" attitude. theres no way in hell you can tell which cars deliberately cross over in the merge lane to move up faster.
Sure you can if you're driving like you're supposed to. Being aware of what's around you and actually using that rearview mirror for something other than hanging a chain,lanyard or whatever doo-dad from.

Old 11-24-2013, 04:53 PM

2,573 posts, read 3,508,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
People are going to step out of line everywhere you go in life. Why do you take it so personally behind the wheel?

This mentality is the root of most traffic problems IMO. If everyone just minded their own business, made sure to keep a safe following distance between the car ahead 90% of all these perceived problems would disappear.

Who cares if a car uses a lane and then merges back in? It has nothing to do with you. They will eventually do something stupid and get busted by a Highway Patrol cop.

When I was younger, I used to be angry at times behind the wheel at all the "idiots" I perceived. Then one day I just got tired of it and slowed down and made sure I followed as many rules of the road I could. Wow, most of the idiots magically disappeared! It was amazing.

Did I say I take them personally or I am the one who don't allow them back in or do something else that is stupid? I know they are going to mess up sooner or later - it is none of my business. All I did was tell a few smarta$$ things people do everyday to those who think people who drive nicely don't have any clue of how smart some of these drivers are.

Old 11-25-2013, 04:35 AM

4,233 posts, read 3,777,435 times
Quote:
I think your mistaken...on my way home from work there is a stretch of road where another highway merges onto it and and that lane ends about a 1/2 mile up the road. Many times everyone merges over into the main traveling lane as they are suppossed to because their lane ends. I have seen far too many times where people (not those who merged) get impatient and cut over into the merge lane and floor it until the lane runs out and they expect people to let them in. Then when you dont let them in they act like you are the one that is doing something wrong. Id rather see them pushed off the road for incompetant driving and have to sit there until someone lets them in.

That a whole other can of worms...these drivers that allow these impatient a**holes to cut in front of everyone...I have labeld them as enablers. If you enable these people to do this they will continue to do it. I think they are as bad as the morons they let in.

People need to go back to drivers ed.

Old 11-25-2013, 05:34 AM

17,573 posts, read 46,199,051 times
Sometimes you can just tell. You see the person pass up a huge opening very close to the "point of no return" to try and get a few car lengths ahead. They even thought about and started to merge in and then got the brilliant idea to speed up and try and get ahead. I don't let them in.

Old 11-25-2013, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangman66 View Post
I think your mistaken...on my way home from work there is a stretch of road where another highway merges onto it and and that lane ends about a 1/2 mile up the road. Many times everyone merges over into the main traveling lane as they are suppossed to because their lane ends. I have seen far too many times where people (not those who merged) get impatient and cut over into the merge lane and floor it until the lane runs out and they expect people to let them in. Then when you dont let them in they act like you are the one that is doing something wrong. Id rather see them pushed off the road for incompetant driving and have to sit there until someone lets them in.

That a whole other can of worms...these drivers that allow these impatient a**holes to cut in front of everyone...I have labeld them as enablers. If you enable these people to do this they will continue to do it. I think they are as bad as the morons they let in.

People need to go back to drivers ed.
More to the point, when did we become a nation of "it's not my fault" and "bad behavior should just be overlooked"?
Driving is a group thing, not a "one for all and all for me" thing. When you intentionally move over into a closing lane, race down it to the point it's closed then FORCE your way back in you're nothing more than a selfish car bully.
Probably would be the first one to cut off a old person in a wheel chair to get to the head of the buffet line as well!

As to those that put those line cutters in a holding pattern? No, we weren't trying to play cop, if we were we'd have stopped them and called one demanding they be ticketed for careless driving. No, we're just standing up for behaving properly while in a group activity. Something they obviously weren't taught at home or in school.

Old 11-25-2013, 07:07 AM

2,781 posts, read 5,179,745 times
I wish drivers who who don't use signals would get steeper penalties, same as the ones blocking the left lane - these ignoramus create lots of problems for everybody else

Old 11-25-2013, 07:20 AM

4,792 posts, read 8,201,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
Go to the judge and he might add an additional fine for wasting his time. This is clearly an appropriate ticket.
They are called Court cost and certainly will be added.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive