Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2012, 09:06 PM

3,477 posts, read 6,507,394 times

Advertisements

I don't know about race/ethnicity, but I can certainly peg the political leanings of a car's owner. Since my part of California is mostly white (I know!), if I see a domestic pickup or SUV and it has a bumper sticker on it almost invariably it will be a Republican/Conservative/NRA type one. If I see a Subaru, Volvo or Prius it most likely with have a Democrat/Liberal/Save the Planet type one.

Old 12-31-2012, 05:23 PM

7,005 posts, read 21,328,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iTsLiKeAnEgG View Post
I'd say the short answer is no. I've seen a good number of blacks/whites/jews/asians/aliens driving all types of cars.

LMAO!!!!!!! From what planet?

Old 12-31-2012, 08:42 PM

5,800 posts, read 6,564,796 times
Here in Los Angeles and the rest of California where imports have dominated the sales charts for over three decades, the answer is no.

I see folks of all ethnicities driving every make & model in existence, with the caveat that I intermittently see any African-Americans driving Volvos or Subarus, but they buy and drive tons of the 'Big Four' (Accord/Camry/Civic/Corolla) like the rest of us.

Old 12-31-2012, 08:54 PM

1,479 posts, read 2,718,491 times
Almost every black guy I know that rides a sportbike rides either a Suzuki TL1000R or a Suzuki Hayabusa. Ducati's, Triumphs and Aprilias are mostly ridden by middle aged white guys. Harleys and Indians are ridden by old white guys. Japanese sportbikes are typically ridden by young white, asian or hispanic guys (or girls as is sometimes the case). Dirt bikes and adventure touring bikes are ridden by all ages, all ethnicities.

Old 11-22-2014, 07:32 PM

2,916 posts, read 2,998,071 times
Blacks - just about any car except for trucks. Most seem to prefer large sedans.

East Asians - Toyota, Nissan, Honda etc. Some will opt for Lexus, Mercedes or BMW once they hit a certain income level. SUV's, trucks and large sedans are rare in this group.

Latinos - the women are similar to black women except they'll drive their husband's oversized Ford F-250. Latino men will drive most cars except for smaller, fuel efficient rides and super high end luxury vehicles.

Whites - will drive just about any car like blacks, except they prefer trucks/SUV's over large sedans. Whites will only drive large cars if they sit high. Rarely see a white person under age 60 driving something like a Lincoln Towncar, Chevy Impala or Buick.

Old 11-22-2014, 08:08 PM

2,700 posts, read 4,936,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deevel79 View Post
Seems to be that way. For one reason or another white folks seem to love Subaru's, Volvos, and pickup trucks. Blacks seem to love Cadillacs and the dogde/chrysler line of 300's and magnums. Jews seem to love mini vans and large luxury vehicles. Asians tend to stick with Japanese made vehicles. Latin people dont seem to have a specific type and will drive pretty much anything.

Your thoughts?
I am as White as they come and I would NEVER drive a Subie, Volvo or truck....

Old 11-22-2014, 11:11 PM

5,462 posts, read 3,032,982 times
My observation is as follows:
White Americans - Ford, German cars, Buick, Lexus, Acura, Infiniti.

Americans - Dodge, Cadillac,GM,Chevy basically American cars and those out of market. ( Pontiac, Saturn) . Whatever they drive, it has to be "cool" . Impala, Malibu are exclusively made for them.

Indians - Toyota, Honda, Nissan and nothing else. They consider only resale value and MPG( even for a rocket) . Even Indian Americans go only for Lexus or Mercedes , that too rarely. Its a cultural thing. And the car is always fully loaded in case of bachelors.

Hispanics - Irrespective of the brand, they drive pretty old vehicles. Mostly a pre 2000 pick up truck

Mazda,Mitsu, Subaru are used only by test drivers.

Old 11-22-2014, 11:54 PM

3,278 posts, read 5,386,038 times
Whites: Subaru, Jaguar and Just about everything else

Blacks: Nissans, Full-size domestic cars (Charger, Impala, etc), Old Ford Expeditions, big/shiny rims

Asians: Toyota/Honda sedans and minivans, German Imports

Hispanics: Chevrolets, Pickups

Persians: Mercedes, BMW, Land Rover, Audi, Lexus

Indians: Acura

Old 11-23-2014, 12:15 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,375,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iTsLiKeAnEgG View Post
I'd say the short answer is no. I've seen a good number of blacks/whites/jews/asians/aliens driving all types of cars.
This I agree with. You can't break this down by race.

Old 11-23-2014, 05:40 AM

3,046 posts, read 4,122,758 times
Who comes up with these type of questions it's like saying what type of TP different races use. Witch is we're this question should be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive