Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2013, 11:42 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,693,023 times

Advertisements

It's time for some funny generalizations. This thread is meant to be funny and semi-serious. In your opinion, which cars have the worse drivers/owners. If you state a specific car then please indicate the years or generation of the vehicle. If you mean all generations then no further specifics need to be added. If someone names a car that you own then that would be funny.

I'll go first.

1. Nissan Maxima (2009-present):
2. Dodge Challenger (V6 model only)
3. Toyota Sienna
4. Honda Odyssey
5. Ford Mustang (Fifth generation)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2013, 12:00 AM

21,836 posts, read 25,102,289 times
Worst.

1&2) STiEVO
3) Scion TC

I can't really think of another car that stands out for having a high number of idiot drivers. Certainly any sports car, especially the affordable ones, are going to have quite a few... then there's the soccer mom menace mobiles and entitled to the road kraut eaters... but none of them really stand out as particularly egregious in my mind.

Old 01-02-2013, 12:04 AM

15,852 posts, read 35,122,669 times
1. red dually pickup truck with rebel flag in rear window (I am passed by this guy, in no-passing zones on nearly a nightly basis).

2. Any vehicle that cost more than $40,000 MSRP

3. Any car in MINT condition that is more than 20 years old and is being driven by someone with white hair, big ears and a ball cap.

20yrsinBranson

Old 01-02-2013, 01:25 AM

11,039 posts, read 16,851,256 times
-When I'm out on my bike, I specifically look for and avoid any new, entry-level luxury car (Mercedes C250, Audi A4 2.0, BMW 325i). It seems as though many of their drivers are mid-to-late 20's/early-30's folks who have entry-level professional jobs that are extremely stressful and competetive, and their M.O. once they leave the office is to take out their aggression on some pleb they perceive as being "lower" than them.

Since I'm on a bike, I am an obvious target. These are the people who will purposely try to pull towards the right when they get alongside or in front of you and make you hit the curb, who see you in their mirror and purposely come to a full stop when making a right rather than just taking it, all the while looking in their rearview at you in the hopes that you'll have to come to a stop, curb your bike, or hit them and give them an excuse to come out and yell at you

- Priuses tend to drive annoyingly slow, but don't specifically do anything bad when I'm in my car. However... same deal, when I'm on my bike, they seem to be one of the more consistently aggressive vehicles I encounter. They exhibit behavior similar to entry-level luxury sedans, albiet more passive aggressive than outright aggressive - they're more apt to hang even with me and sloooooowly inch over to try to run me into a truck than they are to fly up alongside me and then brake-check me.

Must be some sort of green living/carbon footprint peepee match.

- Beat-up 1st gen Miatas. Around here, most of them have been bought up by young racing nerds who think that they're the most perfect vehicle ever created. They usually have horrifically-scuffed up and dented bumpers that have been rattle-canned over a few times and then hit some more, don't have the plastic in the back window, and have a hole in the exhaust. They throttle the living hell out of that 115-horse 1.6l and zip between cars like they're Maverick in Top Gun, in the danger zone (OH YEAH!!). They think every vehicle is either an obstacle, or is trying to race them, and act accordingly.

Old 01-02-2013, 02:23 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,146,737 times
Around here, the worst drivers are those with clapped-out cars of any make and model who have nothing to lose by playing bumper cars with you.

Old 01-02-2013, 05:06 AM

1,051 posts, read 2,297,901 times
Anyone with a truck who doesn't actually use it to work. And the bigger the truck, the more of an ******* driver they are. Those with dual tires may be a threat to your life.

Any teenager who drives an SUV or other big vehicle.

About half of the AppalCart drivers in Boone. Of course they're in a hurry so it's somewhat understandable. If you're at a light when it turns green, check to make sure there's not a bus barreling through the red light.

NC Highway Patrol, especially the ones with Chargers. Without sirens they speed, cut people off, etc. Here's a good article - NC Highway Patrol averages 7 wrecks a week

Floridians. I know it's a stereotype, but in this case it's true. If there's any winter weather and you see a Florida license plate near you, AVOID THEM LIKE THE PLAGUE.

Last edited by DSS94; 01-02-2013 at 05:17 AM..

Old 01-02-2013, 05:41 AM

4,236 posts, read 8,136,274 times
In my area it’s pretty much anyone driving a Grand Am, Grand Prix, Alero or any other bastard GM FWD combination designed for alleged sportiness.

However, I guess if I had to stare at a Fisher Price dash, I would drive it like I stole it also.

Old 01-02-2013, 06:02 AM

2,309 posts, read 4,381,971 times
Here in eastern PA there's a plethora of trashed out, high mileage aging rice like the POS 92 Honda Accord that caused me to slam on my brakes due to the drivers insistence on cutting off another boy racer before a traffic light.

This trash is most likely lowered to the ground by spring cutting and has primered plastic air dam pieces that are not fitted properly on the car.

The final mark of idiocy is the ubiquitous fart can exhaust, that. in the drivers mind, magically transforms his dying four cylinders wheezy, high pitched whine into a straight pipe fitted Ferrari Enzo.

Old 01-02-2013, 06:11 AM

777 posts, read 1,061,919 times
1. Toyota
2. Toyota
3. Toyota
4. Toyota
5. Toyota

Old 01-02-2013, 06:25 AM

6,255 posts, read 17,088,213 times
This list isn't in a particular order, I think they're all bad.

1. Kia drivers. Any Kia, doesn't matter. They take an hour to accelerate to 40 mph, while in the fast lane, and hold everyone up.

2. Lexus drivers. Primarily the sedans, I find it's generally people who wanted a luxury car, but who don't care about cars at all (they could have bought a BMW or Mercedes with more horsepower and better handling for example.) They drive incredibly slow, neck and neck with a Kia, and generally don't know how to get out of the way of faster moving traffic.

3. Large trucks, like F250 size and up. If you are commuting in a truck that size or larger, you are an idiot. They are supposed to be using for towing and hauling crap, ie working. They also tend to not notice anything around them.

4. All makes and models being driven by kids 21 and under. They think they know what they're doing, but in this day and age of cell phones, touchscreen navigation systems, loud stereos... They are some of the most distracted, least experienced drivers around.

5. All makes and models being driven by women.

I kid, I kid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive