Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2018, 05:21 PM

1,795 posts, read 1,885,256 times

Advertisements

My dad has a Subaru and a Porsche. I always tease him he is the only GOP voter to own a Subaru, they are generally driven by SWJ. Porsche is usually driven by older rich white guys for some reason and same with Corvette not always the case but in general.

Old 01-18-2018, 05:39 PM

26,461 posts, read 46,741,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanderbiltgrad View Post
My dad has a Subaru and a Porsche. I always tease him he is the only GOP voter to own a Subaru, they are generally driven by SWJ. Porsche is usually driven by older rich white guys for some reason and same with Corvette not always the case but in general.
Not based on my experience up north in the Snow Belt. Many drive Subaru regardless of political affiliation because it is the cheapest AWD vehicle that performs well in bad weather. I always have at least one Subaru because of the AWD, ability in the snow, and excellent safety ratings.

Old 01-18-2018, 05:52 PM

9,613 posts, read 6,987,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlinak View Post
I knew it!

Old 01-18-2018, 07:36 PM

6,980 posts, read 5,460,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
That doesn't negate the fact that four door trucks are much harder to see around in parking lots than the vast majority of SUV's that are on the road..
You can’t tell someone who is driving a 4 door truck we’re they can and can’t park it’s a free country they can park anywhere a car can period, who are you to tell someone we’re they can and can’t park based on what they drive this is America land of the pickup truck.

Old 01-18-2018, 08:37 PM

26,461 posts, read 46,741,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easy62 View Post
You can’t tell someone who is driving a 4 door truck we’re they can and can’t park it’s a free country they can park anywhere a car can period, who are you to tell someone we’re they can and can’t park based on what they drive this is America land of the pickup truck.
Well, don't wonder why I much prefer online shopping, less nonsense to deal with overall.

Old 01-19-2018, 01:28 AM

574 posts, read 384,690 times
Many times, stereotypes are based on rough observations........ so, in some places that could very easily be the case but not in other places. many times though, ya drive what ya like

Old 01-19-2018, 04:56 AM

3,255 posts, read 1,729,894 times
Really, was expecting

"Blacks love Subarus, Dodges, Cadillacs and Corvettes.

Latinos and whites love their pick up trucks. Latinos also seem to always go for their crossovers.

Asians will keep sticking to their Toyota Prius and minivans"

Old 01-19-2018, 06:41 AM

2,983 posts, read 3,108,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanderbiltgrad View Post
Porsche is usually driven by older rich white guys for some reason and same with Corvette not always the case but in general.

Well, there are fewer rich YOUNG guys, but I still see plenty in Porsches and Ferraris. But yeah, the disposable income to buy a, say, new Aston Martin, means an older person whose made it over years (when the car has a $330k buy-in, you're not going to get too many young professionals who can drop that kind of coin on it...). And in general, people who finally have the means tend to buy the cars they've always wanted from their youth when they couldn't buy, either from cost or practicality (a Corvette isn't much of a family car...)

Old 01-19-2018, 07:19 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,715 posts, read 81,578,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easy62 View Post
As a truck owner, I do find it a little more difficult to find parking spaces big enough to comfortably get in and out. At our local supermarket/stripmall there is always a high percentage of trucks.
Attached Thumbnails
Are certain ethnicities attracted to certain vehicle types/brands?-sfwy.png  

Old 01-19-2018, 07:19 AM

13,395 posts, read 13,550,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lepoisson View Post
There's some truth to this.

Old white people love Cadillacs, Oldsmobiles (before they went under), and Buicks. Some also drive Accords and Avalons.

Black people love Nissans.

Trashy white people and poor people often drive KIAs and Hyundais.

Country boys with not a lot of money like older trucks. Country boys with a 9-5 job like new trucks.
There is NO truth to any of this. I am neither trashy nor poor and I drive a Hyundai. Why spend a lot of money on a car when I drive low miles and 90% of use is commuting to work and doing regular errands?

This entire thread is outrageous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.