Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Most overrated car brand
BMW 72 20.51%
Audi 11 3.13%
Volkswagen 18 5.13%
Mercedes-Benz 60 17.09%
Ford 4 1.14%
Cadillac 28 7.98%
Chevrolet 13 3.70%
Hyundai/Kia 14 3.99%
Toyota 52 14.81%
Honda 25 7.12%
Lexus 33 9.40%
Infiniti 6 1.71%
Acura 9 2.56%
Lincoln 6 1.71%
Voters: 351. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2015, 03:01 PM

19,133 posts, read 27,755,241 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandalorian View Post
TESLA- Yes, I'd like my refueling time to be in HOURS and my car to NOT FREAKING WORK when it's cold outside.

I wouldn't say Land Rovers are completely overrated. In terms of luxury, Rangies are right up there with the best of 'em, but OWNING an LR is a horrible experience.

You are actually wrong on point 1 in your post:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5V0vL3nnHY

As of point 2, as my son decided to go against my will and buy Land Rover - it's decision he'll regret very fast and very furious. I get it, TopGear folks like them, but this is such a piece of crap..... Design and reliability wise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2015, 03:25 PM

5,251 posts, read 14,296,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
You are actually wrong on point 1 in your post:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5V0vL3nnHY

As of point 2, as my son decided to go against my will and buy Land Rover - it's decision he'll regret very fast and very furious. I get it, TopGear folks like them, but this is such a piece of crap..... Design and reliability wise.
Didnt Tesla cancel the quick replace stations?

Old 03-23-2018, 09:39 PM
LTL

1 posts, read 645 times
Toyota’s are sooooo overrated, and Honda is right alongside it. Honda is not the company it use to be, as quality has gone down. I know a few people that have had issues with the V6, electric doors on the vans and other quality issues. The Korean manufacturers still have along way to go. There suspension and power trains are no where near the competition. Chevy is taking all of the JD Power awards for dependability and quality.
On another note, many people are under the impression that if a car is designed and built in the states, it’s Amaerican. Remember, if it’s not an American Company, it’s not an American car!

Old 03-24-2018, 09:52 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,620,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 28173 View Post
Toyota, by far.

My reason is they are most bland cars produced (they exemplify "road appliance") and their reliability it is far from stellar in my experience (definitely no justification on how high they keep their price when used).

Most people buy Toyota just for reliability (I cannot see why else) and find out the hard way that their reliability has been greatly exaggerated.
I have bought nothing but Toyotas recently and their reliability is hardly exaggerated. All have been excellent in reliability.

Old 03-24-2018, 09:57 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 26,057,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samus Aran View Post
I'd actually go with what most people have said here in saying BMW, Mercedes, Audi, Cadillac, etc.

It's really only their halo cars (M, AMG, V, S/RS) that are really worth it. Just my opinion, although the new 328i from BMW is actually pretty good, but again, it will run about 40-45,000 dollars with options that should come as expected. Nice car, not sure if it's worth that much though.
Actually Audi is doing fine, so most people haven't said that. I buy Audis and have had lots of German cars and find that Audi is the top car now over there. I am saddened what happened to BMW and Mercedes. They were once great cars and lasted forever. Oh well, at least Audi is doing great.

I am not a big fan of American cars as they seem to rust more and just aren't made all that well. I do own one and have had TONS of them in the past.

Old 03-24-2018, 12:24 PM

24,806 posts, read 9,578,065 times
Land Rover Range Rovers

I guess if you’re rich they’re fine.

Old 03-24-2018, 07:45 PM

9,568 posts, read 4,390,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipanemeli View Post
I have owned 5 BMWs and it is not overrated at all. I have never driven any sedan that drives as good as 5-series BMW. It seems it is very individual...
By the way, reliability does not make car better to drive. And handling is one of the main aspects why BMW costs so much
You need to drive a V-series Cadillac. If you're open-minded, you'll admit they're a better driver's car than your 5 series. Also, BMW is no longer the leader in handling. You're working with some outdated notions. If we were having this conversation 10 years ago, I might agree with you, but this is 2018, not 2008.

Old 03-24-2018, 08:43 PM

2,781 posts, read 5,186,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
You need to drive a V-series Cadillac. If you're open-minded, you'll admit they're a better driver's car than your 5 series. Also, BMW is no longer the leader in handling. You're working with some outdated notions. If we were having this conversation 10 years ago, I might agree with you, but this is 2018, not 2008.
BMW was never leader in handling...Porsche and other super cars were always superior.

However when it comes to regular family sedans (under $100k) you still have the Germans leading the pack since they've always been the benchmark in sport sedans (AMG, M, S, R classes).

Old 03-24-2018, 08:59 PM

3,156 posts, read 2,279,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LTL View Post
Toyota’s are sooooo overrated, and Honda is right alongside it. Honda is not the company it use to be, as quality has gone down. I know a few people that have had issues with the V6, electric doors on the vans and other quality issues. The Korean manufacturers still have along way to go. There suspension and power trains are no where near the competition. Chevy is taking all of the JD Power awards for dependability and quality.
On another note, many people are under the impression that if a car is designed and built in the states, it’s Amaerican. Remember, if it’s not an American Company, it’s not an American car!
You apparently have no idea of how great Kia and Hyundai are doing in the area of quality improvements over the past five years. The Koreans have arrived, just check the past five years of JD Power awards for quality. Their suspension and power trains are the equal of any non luxury manufacturer. Honda’s quality has slipped for one reason, their use of a temporary workforce that suffers from a constant turnover. You supply no data to back up your ridiculous statement that Toyota is soooooo overrated. Why, because they are Japanese?

Your last sentence is something heard from the 80’s and 90’s when the big 3 were getting clobbered for producing junk, which they have never recovered from BTW. Check out the % of domestic content of a U.S. built Honda or Toyota vs. your Chevy across all models then come back and tell us what you learned. You want to buy a U.S. built car, built with US labor? By a Honda or Toyota. They are every bit an American car as any Big 3 badged car. Sometimes even more😁

Old 03-24-2018, 10:17 PM

6,601 posts, read 7,214,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 28173 View Post
BMW was never leader in handling...Porsche and other super cars were always superior.

However when it comes to regular family sedans (under $100k) you still have the Germans leading the pack since they've always been the benchmark in sport sedans (AMG, M, S, R classes).
The interior/console of a Cadillac is embarrassing. The new CTS-V was at our auto show last year, 10 dollar interior way to spend all your money on engine, suspension only. There’s more to vehicles then that only.

Put more money into it like it’s competitors and sell it for more money.

The new M5 is pretty fricken awesome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive