Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2010, 11:06 AM

11,155 posts, read 29,313,098 times

Advertisements

I have to say I like merc63's 466 BB fox body that would be a blast to own with a T-56 6-speed and a ford 9-inch read diff
I would love to pick up a 87-93 coupe version and do that to it but still keep it stock looking and running on aftermarket 17" pony wheels with 245's up front and some 275's in rear.

redo the whole chasis with full length subframe connectors and front and rear strut tower braces and thicker anti-sway bars and some Koni-adjustable coil overs and a 5 lug converion to add 03-04 cobra brakes to bring her to a stop.

now i just need the money, the time, the room and the car to do it LOL
something like this would be perfect to pick up to do that project

Last edited by GTOlover; 09-20-2010 at 11:22 AM..
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2010, 11:38 AM

14,780 posts, read 43,682,136 times
Speed is all relative and I think that's where we are all having a disconnect. So, it's possible for an Accord or Altima to squeeze into the high 13's (I even posted what they are running a couple pages back, stock and w/ mods). They are still a full second slower than Camaro's, Mustang's and many of the real import performance cars.

Fine, they are as fast as a 99-04 Mustang GT, well those were never really fast cars anyway. To me, these days you need to be in the 12's before I would consider it a fast car in stock trim. As it is, these cars are a full second off from that and while a second may seem like a short time, it's an eternity.

You have to give them credit considering that family sedans are as fast as yesterday's "muscle" or "sports car", but again it's relative and those muscle/sports cars are now a whole lot faster themselves. Give credit where credit is do, but no one driving a real performance car is going to quake in their boots when they see an Accord or Altima lined up with them.

Old 09-20-2010, 03:51 PM

3,511 posts, read 5,306,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankgn87 View Post
actually I post vids at the track and you can see the times.. So you are incorrect.
Ricers are notorious for claiming times that are in their imaginations and not what their cars are capable of.. Like I said. See it almost every weekend. They have their chest puffed out with their 7" fart can exhaust and claim with all their mods, their car can go in the 12's.. You should see the look on thir face whrn the timeslip reads 16.3. . priceless. And then will keep trying all night.. and never get any faster. Seen it a hundred times..
Yeah, let downs suck and I think they should get a rebate or refund for being swindled! lol Run it and see for yourself. You must do everything absolutley perfect and any errors will show. The faster cars are more forgiving and almost anyone can hustle them down the track. Like wise, I still know that it won't take much of that abuse and that FWD will be hurting. Soccer mom/family cars aren't designed to be beat on and raced. CV joints are just groaning when someone is fixing to do a hole shot, burnout or bang through the gears with a weak OEM clutch, synchronizers, shifter and transmission. I'm sure everybody has seen a ricer car that is on about its third or forth kid that beat on it. You cough as you follow from the oil smoke pouring out the 7" fart muffler! Maybe even a little tick-tick-tick or knock. It ain't a race car, stop abusing it like one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGOAT View Post
Speed is all relative and I think that's where we are all having a disconnect. So, it's possible for an Accord or Altima to squeeze into the high 13's (I even posted what they are running a couple pages back, stock and w/ mods). They are still a full second slower than Camaro's, Mustang's and many of the real import performance cars.

Fine, they are as fast as a 99-04 Mustang GT, well those were never really fast cars anyway. To me, these days you need to be in the 12's before I would consider it a fast car in stock trim. As it is, these cars are a full second off from that and while a second may seem like a short time, it's an eternity.

You have to give them credit considering that family sedans are as fast as yesterday's "muscle" or "sports car", but again it's relative and those muscle/sports cars are now a whole lot faster themselves. Give credit where credit is do, but no one driving a real performance car is going to quake in their boots when they see an Accord or Altima lined up with them.
You don't see any of us worried about it do you? I do know that I'm going to be LMAO at anyone that is a blowhard and ragging the muscle cars when they get their doors blown off. Idiots like these are like the two this thread is about. Sure, race your economy family sedan on a public street when it was never intended or designed for that purpose. At least you only raced "ONCE"! Idiots..... I'm telling ya!

Old 09-20-2010, 04:15 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,313,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axle grease View Post
Yeah, let downs suck and I think they should get a rebate or refund for being swindled! lol Run it and see for yourself. You must do everything absolutley perfect and any errors will show. The faster cars are more forgiving and almost anyone can hustle them down the track. Like wise, I still know that it won't take much of that abuse and that FWD will be hurting. Soccer mom/family cars aren't designed to be beat on and raced. CV joints are just groaning when someone is fixing to do a hole shot, burnout or bang through the gears with a weak OEM clutch, synchronizers, shifter and transmission. I'm sure everybody has seen a ricer car that is on about its third or forth kid that beat on it. You cough as you follow from the oil smoke pouring out the 7" fart muffler! Maybe even a little tick-tick-tick or knock. It ain't a race car, stop abusing it like one!

You don't see any of us worried about it do you? I do know that I'm going to be LMAO at anyone that is a blowhard and ragging the muscle cars when they get their doors blown off. Idiots like these are like the two this thread is about. Sure, race your economy family sedan on a public street when it was never intended or designed for that purpose. At least you only raced "ONCE"! Idiots..... I'm telling ya!
one car that was FWD that was pretty fast was the neon SRT-4 alot of racers did them out and were getting 350HP and running drag slicks up front and running mid-high 12's with them they were quite popular at the track for a while.
also the Mazdaspeed3 was a pretty fast car and easy to modify and still has a huge following in the tuner crowd it made a decent 263HP and 280 ft·lbf and has a heavy duty limited slip diff and beefed up 6-speed manual tranny

In several road tests, the Mazdaspeed3 accelerated from 0-60mph mph in under six seconds with skidpad numbers in the .87g to .91g range. In car and driver magazine's May 2007 issue, the Mazdaspeed3 recorded its quickest acceleration times, completing the 0–60 mph sprint in 5.3 seconds, with a quarter mile time of 13.8 at 102 mph (164 km/h).

Last edited by GTOlover; 09-20-2010 at 04:37 PM..

Old 09-20-2010, 04:32 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,524,892 times
One of the reasons why the 240SX and 350ZX is because both were RWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
it used to be that way 5-6 yearsd ago now it seem the imports are turbo 240SX's and nissian 350Z's with superchargers and tons of bolt ons and tricked out G35 coupes with nitrous.

yes there are still quite a few honda civics and acura integra but alot of the kids went into better performing RWD turbo 4cyl/hi-po V6 imports or picked up a 05-09 mustang GT or 98-02 camaro SS and went domestic for ease of mods.

A LS1 camaro/firebird/Trans-Am is a great bang for the buck used car and with some $$ and a heads/cam/intake pkg and a proper tune 450-475HP is pretty easy to get not bad for a car you can now pick up for under $10K in decent condition.

alot of the kids got smart why blow tons 0f $$$ to get a 400HP mid-high 12-low 13 second civic when you can just do a few bolt-ons and a tune and have the same power in a camaro Z28/SS

another great perfomance buy is a 03-04 cobra with just a pulley change and a perfomance dyno tune you can have a 550RWHP supercar that can run with the shelby GT500 and corvette Z06 and older vipers.

Old 09-20-2010, 08:11 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,372,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
one car that was FWD that was pretty fast was the neon SRT-4 alot of racers did them out and were getting 350HP and running drag slicks up front and running mid-high 12's with them they were quite popular at the track for a while.
350hp? Thats easily acheivable on those cars. Ive seen some with 5-600hp.

Old 12-25-2014, 09:12 AM

14 posts, read 44,800 times
enough said...
Attached Thumbnails
street racer decapitated-6160797815_ef837c0996.jpg  

Old 12-25-2014, 11:10 AM

6,486 posts, read 6,182,229 times
The 2008 and newer Accord is a VERY safe vehicle, but nothing can protect you from an impact at 100 mph with a solid object.

Old 12-25-2014, 02:48 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,925,882 times
How nice...a 4 yr old thread resurfaces.

Old 12-25-2014, 02:52 PM

3,507 posts, read 764,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post
How nice...a 4 yr old thread resurfaces.
well .. you have said this and that`s ok but if someone had started a new thread on the same subject would you also come here and say " how nice .. a new thread on a subject that is 4 years old ? "
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive