Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2022, 01:37 PM

17,582 posts, read 15,254,427 times

Advertisements

You know what? I completely forgot that Kurt went to FRR after Phoenix. So, that was another true one car team at that point. Didn't win with them, but I believe he gave them their first top 10 points finish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2022, 01:47 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,822,703 times
I heard Dale Jr say that Kurt was one of the best at understanding what a car needs and giving that information to the crew chief. In that regard I do believe he has been a big asset for the latter teams he has been with . After some major humbling and maturation with the getting canned from Roush and Penske.

Old 03-22-2022, 01:51 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,822,703 times
Default Hamlin calling out NASCAR

Anybody actually know what hes complaining about ? I am amazed at the wrecks these guys get in and come out of the care center just fine . Watch "Worst wrecks in NASCAR " Sometime.

https://www.sportscasting.com/denny-...ailed-address/

Old 03-22-2022, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Anybody actually know what hes complaining about ? I am amazed at the wrecks these guys get in and come out of the care center just fine . Watch "Worst wrecks in NASCAR " Sometime.

It's the fact of NASCAR (and tracks) making changes without getting any input from the drivers.

Atlanta and.. Somewhere else that reconfigured, they just did it.. Didn't ask a driver opinion or anything. Just made the changes.

Harkins back to the Big Bill Talladega days.. "You'll race on this track or i'll find someone who will"

The latest thing is that apparently rain flaps are now required on road courses, to try to prevent the problems seen last year when they ran in the rain.. but the tweet from NASCAR a week or two ago was the first that any teams had heard of it.

They're not necessarily saying change what you're doing.. Just how you're doing it. Drivers and teams should find out about changes, and be asked for input.. They shouldn't be finding out about said changes on twitter.

And, it's a fine point he makes. I believe the new "Drivers Council" is also including Jeff Burton, who kinda took over the safety mantra in the garage in his later driving years.

Kyle Petty will be on it as well.. Which.. That's a tad confusing.

Old 03-23-2022, 06:38 AM

9,501 posts, read 9,816,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post

I remember several years ago, Hamlin had worked to try to form a driver's association (union). For one reason or another it fizzled out but they formed a Driver's Council or something like that. I believe that has also fizzled out of late.

Maybe Hamlin and Harvick should revive the ideal of an association. NASCAR is the only major sports league without letting their athletes have a real voice. At the least they should have a say on safety and car development.

Old 03-24-2022, 08:16 AM

9,501 posts, read 9,816,320 times
RFK Racing and the #6 car has been fined 100 owner points, 100 driver points and 10 playoff points for modifying a single source supplied part. Crew Chief suspended for four races and fined $100k.

NASCAR is making a statement. The teams were warned before the season started.

Old 03-24-2022, 01:05 PM

5,717 posts, read 4,689,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
RFK Racing and the #6 car has been fined 100 owner points, 100 driver points and 10 playoff points for modifying a single source supplied part. Crew Chief suspended for four races and fined $100k.

I saw on Twitter: Slow AND illegal is not a good combination.

Old 03-24-2022, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post

Wonder if, after the Daytona tire situation, they got a heavier book thrown at them since they were not penalized there.

Old 03-27-2022, 07:31 PM

Wow.. While I think we were all looking at Trackhouse breaking through.. I didn't really expect it at a road course.

Old 03-28-2022, 05:43 AM

6,442 posts, read 3,143,427 times
I know that I'm a "dinosaur", and probably not within NASCAR's "target audience", but I'm getting really tired of their 3-3:45PM, EST, start times. I do NOT want to be watching a race that concludes at 7-7:30 PM.

Yesterday's race was somewhat interesting, but the time spent cleaning up the track, after minor incidents, was ridiculous, and helped the race drag on for too long. I tuned in, saw the race was scheduled for 83 laps, and thought, "Cool, about 3 hours". I was wrong.........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing