Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2022, 05:59 AM

5,671 posts, read 5,875,351 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post

If we, as fans, want NASCAR to survive, it will need to grow and adapt.

But when you take away the very heart of Nascar, and replace it with races like the colosseum and street races, your not trying to do anything but copy what other series are doing. Whiel LA was highly rated, many of the people who support the palce itself have made many complaints about the clean up of not only the stands, but the playing surface itself having issues. (Dont ask me to quote who I heard tha tfrom, I think it was on a ball game or something I was watching.) There was another article, or video, or something I saw about people in Chicago being concerned about the raxce there causing damage to streets, etc there, all while people joke about needing bullet proff glass in the cars. WHY? Makes no sence to me and probably 1000s, 100000s others. Dirt on Bristol ?! Im tossed up. I guess I would like it if it were more like real sirt races, not some glorified stock car on dirt tires. Build a late model and let them go at it. In short, I dont like the new schedule(s), and if Nascar wants to survive, they need to keep what fans they have, AND bring in new ones.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2022, 10:00 AM

5,716 posts, read 4,686,741 times
I just don't get this attitude. NASCAR still does Darlington, Daytona, Atlanta, Talladega.......

They're adding races while taking away second races from multiple locations that were part of the growth spurt of the 90s.

In any business, grow or die is the mantra.

Old 11-14-2022, 07:40 PM

2,189 posts, read 1,403,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
There were more favorable reviews than negative on that race. It's an exhibition race, meant to draw new fans from second largest TV market in the US.

It was also the debut of the NextGen, so that probably caused some issues that we may not see at the next race in February.

If we, as fans, want NASCAR to survive, it will need to grow and adapt.
I really just tried to forget it, lol, but I do remember dancing girls that was more like a football half time show. I could see what Nascar was doing and in my opinion, it was pretty shallow.

As mentioned a time or two, I was a long time holdout when a lot a guys were giving it up. But they finally lost me too, when they went Woke a couple of years ago.

But again, it's Nascar itself I'm against.

I still like most of the Drivers, most of the Owners and many of the Tracks. Especially the old original ones as mentioned above.

Old 11-15-2022, 05:40 AM

5,671 posts, read 5,875,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1a1mg View Post
I just don't get this attitude. NASCAR still does Darlington, Daytona, Atlanta, Talladega.......

They're adding races while taking away second races from multiple locations that were part of the growth spurt of the 90s.

In any business, grow or die is the mantra.
Move the first race of the year to say, Texas. Run the 125s and all, just like Daytona. How well do you think that would go over with long time fans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16 Acres View Post
I really just tried to forget it, lol, but I do remember dancing girls that was more like a football half time show. I could see what Nascar was doing and in my opinion, it was pretty shallow.

As mentioned a time or two, I was a long time holdout when a lot a guys were giving it up. But they finally lost me too, when they went Woke a couple of years ago.

But again, it's Nascar itself I'm against.

I still like most of the Drivers, most of the Owners and many of the Tracks. Especially the old original ones as mentioned above.

Agree with most of that!

Old 11-15-2022, 09:19 AM

17,573 posts, read 15,243,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
Move the first race of the year to say, Texas. Run the 125s and all, just like Daytona. How well do you think that would go over with long time fans?

Well, they took the 4th of July away from Daytona. Labor Day away from Darlington (Though it was given back).. Various other things.. With varying degrees of outrage.

Back in the day, they ran multiple races before the Daytona 500.. But, Daytona was always the 'big' race to kick off the season, even if it wasn't the first race of the year.

but.. Yeah.. Daytona in February is probably the only sacred cow left. Perhaps with memorial day and the Coke 600.

Old 11-15-2022, 01:35 PM

Gibbs is shelving the 18.. Ty Gibbs will race the 54 in Cup next year.

Old 11-15-2022, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
But that’s not even remotely close to being a thing, so why bother. NASCAR is actively pursuing a few of the old tracks. What track has gone in the last few years that you want back? Chicagoland? Kentucky?

Old 11-15-2022, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post

Gibbs is shelving the 18.. Ty Gibbs will race the 54 in Cup next year.
Give the kid a chance to make his own legacy.

Old 11-15-2022, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1a1mg View Post
Give the kid a chance to make his own legacy.

The 18 is JGR legacy though.

Sure, Kyle Busch may have the past 15 years of legacy.. but you've got Dale Jarrett and Bobby Labonte prior to that.

Plus, the 54 is still widely associated with Busch from his Xfinity days.

The only driver of the 18 who is forgettable is JJ Yeley.

Old 11-15-2022, 05:13 PM

Maybe coach thinks it sets the bar too high for the kid. As you note, that’s some darn fine drivers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing