Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who will finish higher in the points in 2021
Kyle Larson 24 92.31%
Darrel Bubba Wallace 2 7.69%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2021, 08:56 AM

5,726 posts, read 4,710,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Because the title of this thread is: Kyle Larson vs Bubba Wallace who is going to have a better 2021

And why do people still hold a grudge? Larson was wrong. He apologized multiple times, publicly. He went through race training classes and did everything that was asked of him plus more. He is heavily into charity and now has a much better understanding of what it's like to walk in a black man's shoes than he had before.

What more does he need to do? Are you saying that Bubba is perfect and never said a racist thing in his life?

It's time to move on. This thread is to compare the two drivers the OP asked about.
My whole question has continuously been what compare the two? It remains my question.

I have no issue with Larson. He's a very good driver. I also believe in second chances. In case you forgot, Bubba took to Twitter the day after to clearly state that he supported Larson getting another chance.

I'm just being the foil to the guy who constantly puts Bubba down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2021, 09:23 AM

17,616 posts, read 15,310,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1a1mg View Post
Buuba had a great comeback. 34th, one lap down, with 30 to go. It wasn't exactly his fault that he had a flat tire 3/4 of the track away from the pits.

But again, why is anyone comparing the guy who used the N word (twice) with the only African-American in the field?

Was there another motive when this topic was started? Who knows.. But it is an interesting comparison

You have a driver that was hyped to be something big vs a driver who was coming back from a suspension. Both going to new teams. Both.. Well, one a top team and the other affiliated with a top team.

Who, of those two, would have the better year?

Well.. Larson has done FAR better than I expected.. and Wallace has done much worse than I expected. Outside of that, I was absolutely right. lol

This was a really interesting comparison, tho. So, regardless of the reason behind it (If there was more to the reason) it's still valid. I do think the comparison between Wallace and Erik Jones is probably a bit more apples-to-apples, but..

Old 06-07-2021, 09:45 AM

Jones/Wallace is completely logical.

Old 06-07-2021, 12:08 PM

9,892 posts, read 10,834,370 times
Quote:
My whole question has continuously been what compare the two? It remains my question.

I have no issue with Larson. He's a very good driver. I also believe in second chances. In case you forgot, Bubba took to Twitter the day after to clearly state that he supported Larson getting another chance.

I'm just being the foil to the guy who constantly puts Bubba down.
Knock yourself out ! I don't know why it is so hard to understand other than you have shown that you are obsessed with trying to make it about race (skin color) on my part, which is not the case, quite the contrary.
I clearly stated in the beginning and have repeated it several times since.... Before the season started It was wall to wall hype and coverage about Jordan coming into NASCAR , partnering with Hamlin, and Wallace was going to be the driver of this new superstar team. Meanwhile there was another new team, the replacement of the seven time Champion of Jimmie Johnson! Arguably the most coveted open seat in NASCAR, normally would create quite the stir , hype and coverage, but we heard next to nothing. Why ? Well we know why ... It is deja vue all over again with the Danica Patrick syndrome and NASCARS efforts to go full r*tard on the political correctness front. Only this time time its not gender but race. And in my opinion it is insulting and embarrassing and is a big part of why NASCAR has lost fans... same as all the other stick and ball sports that want to drag politics into their sports. Kapernick.
Hence this thread and poll !
Lets be honest, as you said your self, ironically , about Larson .. There is a crowd of young talented drivers teams wish they had room for. If your starting up a brand new team and you can have your pick of the talent pool there is only one reason anyone would choose Wallace over all that talent PERIOD ! In my opinion that in itself is racist... and then of course we saw Wallace take it all the way to the bank just like Danica rode GOdaddy and brought a lot of money into Stewart/Haas I'm sure. All the while billed as a role model for all those young girls that dream of someday being a racecar driver... really? Its pathetic.
Meanwhile ... Larson humbly kept his head down and his mouth shut and has quietly gone out and kicked ass beyond many (including on here) thought. And I dig that about him! And I will continue to point out the difference!
And when the next green , orange, yellow, black or brown kid , male or female does the same and works their way up through the ranks and [I]EARNS their ride based on their driving[/i] I will pull for them as well.

Old 06-07-2021, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
And when the next green , orange, yellow, black or brown kid , male or female does the same and works their way up through the ranks and [I]EARNS their ride based on their driving[/i] I will pull for them as well.

Bubba earned a ride. Did he earn THIS ride?

Well.. That could be questionable. He did great with Gibbs.. Then not so hot with Roush in Xfinity, but.. Roush was on the downswing at that time.

He was.. Okay with Petty.. Now.. Did he get all this sponsorship without everything else that happened? No. So.. the only reason he got the ride was the sponsor bucks willing to back him. But.. That's.. Honestly not so different than how Paul Menard got (and kept) his ride.

Old 06-07-2021, 04:48 PM

9,892 posts, read 10,834,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Bubba earned a ride. Did he earn THIS ride?

Well.. That could be questionable. He did great with Gibbs.. Then not so hot with Roush in Xfinity, but.. Roush was on the downswing at that time.

He was.. Okay with Petty.. Now.. Did he get all this sponsorship without everything else that happened? No. So.. the only reason he got the ride was the sponsor bucks willing to back him. But.. That's.. Honestly not so different than how Paul Menard got (and kept) his ride.
So you are starting a brand new team last year... Is he in your top 5 drivers you are going after ? Also don't ever remember NASCAR or anybody else for that matter promoting Paul Menard as something special.

Last edited by silas777; 06-07-2021 at 05:36 PM..

Old 06-07-2021, 06:47 PM

Drivers often bring sponsors with them that may get them a ride they don’t deserve or get a little early.

William Byron is a very talented driver, but having Liberty University as a backer helped speed his rise. It happens in other types of racing all the time.

Old 06-07-2021, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
So you are starting a brand new team last year... Is he in your top 5 drivers you are going after ? Also don't ever remember NASCAR or anybody else for that matter promoting Paul Menard as something special.

If he is bringing in sponsors that basically fill the car? If so.. Yep. He's #1 on my list at that point.

Let's be honest here. If he doesn't bring DoorDash, McDonalds and the other sponsors with him.. He doesn't have this ride most likely. With Jordan being a part owner.. This is NASCAR's wet dream.

Which.. Will turn into a nightmare if he doesn't perform better.

Quote:
Drivers often bring sponsors with them that may get them a ride they don’t deserve or get a little early.

William Byron is a very talented driver, but having Liberty University as a backer helped speed his rise. It happens in other types of racing all the time.

Exactly. remember.. Who's the guy who brought the penis pills? all the checks bounced.. But he won RotY. Kevin Conway..

You bring money to sponsor the car.. You've pretty much got a ride.

Old 06-08-2021, 08:09 AM

9,525 posts, read 9,844,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
If he is bringing in sponsors that basically fill the car? If so.. Yep. He's #1 on my list at that point.

Let's be honest here. If he doesn't bring DoorDash, McDonalds and the other sponsors with him.. He doesn't have this ride most likely. With Jordan being a part owner.. This is NASCAR's wet dream.

Which.. Will turn into a nightmare if he doesn't perform better.
And had the 23XI NOT chosen Bubba after all that had happened, would it caused much of a stir in the media circles?

What will the media say if Jordan replaces Bubba at the end of the season? Will it be about the talent/capabilities of the driver or his skin color? Or will Jordan get a pass?

Old 06-08-2021, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
And had the 23XI NOT chosen Bubba after all that had happened, would it caused much of a stir in the media circles?

What will the media say if Jordan replaces Bubba at the end of the season? Will it be about the talent/capabilities of the driver or his skin color? Or will Jordan get a pass?

First off, I doubt he gets replaced at the end of this season. End of NEXT season is another story.

I think it goes about the way of Danica. Out, not with a bang, but a whimper.

It was talked about, but.. Not really. Because everyone saw and everyone knew why she was out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing