Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who will finish higher in the points in 2021
Kyle Larson 24 92.31%
Darrel Bubba Wallace 2 7.69%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2021, 08:40 AM

17,616 posts, read 15,305,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1a1mg View Post
Lots of drivers bring their sponsors. Almirola seems to be doing well with it.

You think he's in that ride if he doesn't bring Smithfield?

I don't.. I think they have SOMEONE else in that car that wins more frequently.

And.. Listen, I like Almirola.. And he's really doing decently at SHR, in every way except wins.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2021, 09:23 AM

5,725 posts, read 4,710,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post

And.. Listen, I like Almirola.. And he's really doing decently at SHR, in every way except wins.
That was exactly my point.

Old 10-02-2021, 06:22 PM

9,892 posts, read 10,834,370 times
Quote:

Yeah , I hate to be the wet blanket but, stat wise I think Wallace is closer to the person Almirola replaced with her own sponser than he is to Almirola. I could be wrong. At the end of the day do we think Jordan /Hamlin started a team to be also rans with a driver that brings a sponser or actually Win? Jordan said it himself he EXPECTS WINS. Other noncompetitive teams would probably love to have Wallace and his sponsers. As was said if Kurt comes in and runs markedly better it puts a lot f pressure on Wallace.

Old 10-02-2021, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Yeah , I hate to be the wet blanket but, stat wise I think Wallace is closer to the person Almirola replaced with her own sponser than he is to Almirola. I could be wrong. At the end of the day do we think Jordan /Hamlin started a team to be also rans with a driver that brings a sponser or actually Win? Jordan said it himself he EXPECTS WINS. Other noncompetitive teams would probably love to have Wallace and his sponsers. As was said if Kurt comes in and runs markedly better it puts a lot f pressure on Wallace.
That's going too far. Bubba hasn't wrecked himself attempting to wreck someone else. I mean, that woman couldn't even wreck someone properly.

I agree, Almirola is better, at least for now, but.. Wallace is closer to him than he is to Patrick in talent level.

Old 10-04-2021, 06:29 AM

9,525 posts, read 9,844,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1a1mg View Post
Lots of drivers bring their sponsors. Almirola seems to be doing well with it.
That's good and bad. Good for the owner in modern day NASCAR. Bad for racing in general. There are a lot of really good drivers out there that for some reason or another can't land a sponsor but can wheel the heck out of a stock car.

A good example is Josh Berry in Xfinity. He didn't have any major sponsors but Dale Jr saw the protentional and he now has a full ride for next season. The guy has a lot of talent.

Old 10-04-2021, 11:30 AM

Quote:
That's going too far. Bubba hasn't wrecked himself attempting to wreck someone else. I mean, that woman couldn't even wreck someone properly.

I agree, Almirola is better, at least for now, but.. Wallace is closer to him than he is to Patrick in talent level.
well I did say I could be wrong... I was talking purely stats, but I could still be wrong.

Old 10-04-2021, 01:43 PM

Bubba really has the knack to be one of the premier Super Speedway racers as I mentioned earlier.

NextGen car could change that though.

Old 10-04-2021, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Bubba really has the knack to be one of the premier Super Speedway racers as I mentioned earlier.

NextGen car could change that though.

Superspeedway is a matter of luck.. Listen, no matter what, you can't take that "W" away from him now.

That being said.. Yes, it was a 'plate' race and yes, it was a rain shortened race. The second half of that, to me doesn't matter at all. You pretty much have to be running well to have a shot, whether the rain comes or not.

Plate race.. Again, I'm not trying to diminish Bubba's accomplishment at all.. But.. Naturally, we look at drivers like Ricky Stenhouse or Jimmy Spencer or the like a little differently. Winning a race, no matter the race is no small accomplishment. Those that can win on other tracks.. To me are looked at as more complete drivers. And hell, Jimmy gets looked at even more differently because.. He's Jimmy.

Kinda sad, because. I sure wouldn't say that about someone who won at Charlotte or Bristol.. I.. Might say it about someone like Boris Said if he won at a road course.

Hopefully, he takes this and it builds his confidence or whatever he's been missing.. And.. Hats off to Bootie as well, who I believe also scored his first win today.

Old 10-05-2021, 06:35 AM

Like you said, Bubba's win if anything, will be a confidence builder. He's got the monkey off his back now.

Old 10-05-2021, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Superspeedway is a matter of luck.. Listen, no matter what, you can't take that "W" away from him now.

That being said.. Yes, it was a 'plate' race and yes, it was a rain shortened race. The second half of that, to me doesn't matter at all. You pretty much have to be running well to have a shot, whether the rain comes or not.

Actually I think your right on both accounts , Plate race is a crap shoot where virtually anybody has a shot to win, Michael McDowell. Rain shortened race you don't necessarily have to be running well you can just stay out and not pit.... who's team has the best weatherman. I didn't see the race so I don't know how well he was running but with his equipment , there is no reason why he wouldn't have a shot to win . Having said that Not a driver out there that wont take the W for a rain shortened win.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing