Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2019, 06:45 PM

17,607 posts, read 15,298,210 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
This article will ruffle some feathers.

https://beyondtheflag.com/2019/03/30...otor-speedway/
I don't see why it would ruffle feathers.. It's pretty factual.

Racing has never been good with stock cars at Indy. The track isn't designed for them. It pulled fans the first 10 years (give or take) because of the spectacle. Even with the old 90's cars.. The racing was poor. That was the first place you started hearing about Aero loose and Aero tight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2019, 07:37 PM

5,725 posts, read 4,705,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
I'm glad they changed the finale. Homestead is a boring track, but TBH Phoenix isn't a whole lot better. Drop one of the Kansas races and make the finale a road course event at COTA in Austin.
I'd love to see NASCAR at COTA, but I can't imagine the other Texas track would be happy with that.

Old 03-31-2019, 08:42 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,872,615 times
denny hamlin won today at texas motor speedway, good job there denny.

bowyer was second, with suarez coming home third, eric jones in fourth and jimmy johnson finding his way up to fifth place.

the penske cars all had problems today with the highest finisher being joey logano in 17th. interesting day as no one really dominated the race all day.could we perhaps be seeing more of this as the season progresses?

Old 04-01-2019, 07:15 AM

1,962 posts, read 1,821,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
denny hamlin won today at texas motor speedway, good job there denny.

bowyer was second, with suarez coming home third, eric jones in fourth and jimmy johnson finding his way up to fifth place.

the penske cars all had problems today with the highest finisher being joey logano in 17th. interesting day as no one really dominated the race all day.could we perhaps be seeing more of this as the season progresses?
I thought it was a pretty good race overall. Good for Denny on getting his 2nd win of the year after going winless all last season. Nice job coming back from the 2 penalties as well. It's going to be interesting to see what JGR plans on doing with Bell and the current drivers for next season. No way Bell spends another season in the lower series.

Old 04-01-2019, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt87 View Post
I thought it was a pretty good race overall. Good for Denny on getting his 2nd win of the year after going winless all last season. Nice job coming back from the 2 penalties as well. It's going to be interesting to see what JGR plans on doing with Bell and the current drivers for next season. No way Bell spends another season in the lower series.

he may do what he has done in seasons past, find them a ride on another toyota team, and when he has an opening on one of his teams, he will grab them when they are available.

Old 04-01-2019, 12:57 PM

1,370 posts, read 1,071,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
I don't see why it would ruffle feathers.. It's pretty factual.

Racing has never been good with stock cars at Indy. The track isn't designed for them. It pulled fans the first 10 years (give or take) because of the spectacle. Even with the old 90's cars.. The racing was poor. That was the first place you started hearing about Aero loose and Aero tight.
I used to live in Indy. Attended the 500 and 400 for 6 years. That article is spot on. That track just wasn’t made for wide stock cars.

Of the 6 Indy 500s and 6 Brickyard 400s I attended, probably 4 of the top 5 races I saw there were IndyCar. 2006 when Hornish passed Marco coming out of the last turn to the finish line was epic.

Old 04-01-2019, 02:24 PM

1,962 posts, read 1,821,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
he may do what he has done in seasons past, find them a ride on another toyota team, and when he has an opening on one of his teams, he will grab them when they are available.
That's what I was thinking. Maybe add a second car to Leavine Family Racing or give Matt DiBenedetto the boot.

Old 04-01-2019, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt87 View Post
That's what I was thinking. Maybe add a second car to Leavine Family Racing or give Matt DiBenedetto the boot.

if he does give matt the boot, he will wait for the contract to be up, and will probably help him find a new ride. such is the way of coach gibbs.

Old 04-01-2019, 06:20 PM

6,739 posts, read 4,426,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBtwinz View Post
Watching Unrivaled: Earnhardt on FS1 right now..........they are showing the rivalry with the then young gun Gordon and Earnhardt. Pretty neat seeing the sport explode with these two back in the day talking about the merchandising and sold out tracks each weekend. Pretty good if you can catch it......brings back a lot of memories of how on fire Gordon was!

I have seen those. I havent watched much after Dale was killed. Its just not the same, its down right boring, along with that chase BS. Liven it up as in the old days. Have a few dirt track races. That should get the guys questioning their driving skills.

Old 04-03-2019, 09:54 PM

5,725 posts, read 4,705,104 times
Junior suggested having Daytona as the championship race. I actually like the idea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing