Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2019, 07:47 AM

1,962 posts, read 1,821,349 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Was a nice send off for ole DW Sunday. Love him or hate him, DW has done a lot to make NASCAR what it is today, especially in regards to television. Personally, I like the old coot. Hope he enjoys his much deserved "retirement".
I agree, it was a very nice send off for DW. Have there been any talks of who is going to replace him in the booth?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2019, 12:23 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,872,615 times
i will miss DW in the booth for sure. i think his replacement is already in the booth, its jeff gordon. the question is now, who will gordon be grooming to ultimately replace him?

Old 06-24-2019, 05:00 PM

17,607 posts, read 15,292,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt87 View Post
I agree, it was a very nice send off for DW. Have there been any talks of who is going to replace him in the booth?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
i will miss DW in the booth for sure. i think his replacement is already in the booth, its jeff gordon. the question is now, who will gordon be grooming to ultimately replace him?

The word is that they're considering a two man booth for next year.

They moved Larry out of the 'booth' so to speak a few years back.. so, if they keep him in his own little area there.. Do they really need to bring someone else in? They still have the play-by-play guy, the former driver and the crew chief..

Old 06-24-2019, 05:54 PM

yep, larry mac is pretty much a roving reporter, mostly staying with the show car cut away so he can explain things to the fans on tv. he can also chime in on things when he wants from where ever he is on the grounds, so no need to have him in the booth.

Old 06-29-2019, 07:26 PM

5,676 posts, read 5,896,314 times
Larry wasn't even at the track anymore. He was in a studio in Charlotte. Now if Fox will dump the other Waldrip, they may regain viewers.

Old 06-30-2019, 07:22 PM

so today at chicagoland raceway, alex bowman fended off kyle larson to win the race, his first monster energy cup career win. good job alex!

joey logano, jimmie johnson, and brad keselowski round out the top five.

Old 07-06-2019, 04:04 AM

5,243 posts, read 6,164,594 times
Seeing the articles on the Gen 7 I still can’t embrace all the changes over the last few years but at least NASCAR is attempting to stem the loss of popularity with the fan base that is continuing to shrink.

They mention tweaking the schedule and possibly increasing the number of races on shorter tracks and road courses which I love to watch the dueling actions between the drivers.

https://sports.yahoo.com/nascar-pres...132536206.html

Old 07-06-2019, 11:41 AM

17,607 posts, read 15,292,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBtwinz View Post
Seeing the articles on the Gen 7 I still can’t embrace all the changes over the last few years but at least NASCAR is attempting to stem the loss of popularity with the fan base that is continuing to shrink.

They mention tweaking the schedule and possibly increasing the number of races on shorter tracks and road courses which I love to watch the dueling actions between the drivers.

https://sports.yahoo.com/nascar-pres...132536206.html

Things ebb and flow.. Back in the late 90's people were hollering for the road courses to be removed from the schedule because they were awful.. And.. That was a valid complaint.. Few drivers were any good at them. Gordon, Rusty and Mark Martin were basically the favorites at all of them.. But as things changed with aero at the larger tracks, the road courses became the best racing on the circuit.

If someone had told you in the 90's that Charlotte would turn its second date into a road course, would you have ever believed that?

Old 07-06-2019, 07:20 PM

the coke zero sugar 400 postponed until tomorrow 1pm eastern daylight time.

Old 07-07-2019, 12:37 PM

6,739 posts, read 4,426,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Things ebb and flow.. Back in the late 90's people were hollering for the road courses to be removed from the schedule because they were awful.. And.. That was a valid complaint.. Few drivers were any good at them. Gordon, Rusty and Mark Martin were basically the favorites at all of them.. But as things changed with aero at the larger tracks, the road courses became the best racing on the circuit.

If someone had told you in the 90's that Charlotte would turn its second date into a road course, would you have ever believed that?

Add a few dirt tracks and you might have something. Otherwise they need to do something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing