Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2014, 10:34 PM

78,546 posts, read 60,749,385 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
I saw an excellent article on this incident by someone knowledgeable about sprint cars. We can't use our normal criteria to judge TS actions. These cars handle much differently than a normal car. I don't quite understand it, but apparently, in order to turn left with this car, you have to steer right and gun the engine. It was this fellows opinion that there was nothing TS could do to avoid the accident. Remember they are on a dirt track. If you have any experience driving on dirt or snow, you know that the handling of the car changes significantly, and on a race car its quite different as it has much more power than a standard auto and therefore is more unstable. Apparently, if TS had turned hard left to avoid the man, the rear of the car would have still spun out to the right and still hit the man.
Why actually consult experts and facts....we can just listen to various race fans that hate him like Redsox fans hate the yankees who probably can't make it out of the grocery store parking lot without tapping someones bumper.

Takes a lot of hubris to accuse someone of murder without having a clue about the situation. Every dirt track driver I've heard from so far has said it's not TS's fault (even if he is a butthead).

Waiting for some of the posters here to explain why they know what happened vs. dozens of experienced drivers.

Old 08-14-2014, 05:03 AM

1,087 posts, read 1,949,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
What's your racing experience? Dirt Track? With helmet and dirt on your windshield?

Or are you claiming he used a mind control ray to make the guy walk out in the middle of the track.

Please, enlighten us with the thought process that was behind your claim.

Yee haw.
I hope the recent video that has not been made public will provide conclusive evidence, because in all probability the so called professional race expert opinions and investigation will be ruled by their own interests, ie, money and/or public pressure.

Old 08-14-2014, 06:44 AM

9,525 posts, read 9,850,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaotix View Post
I hope the recent video that has not been made public will provide conclusive evidence, because in all probability the so called professional race expert opinions and investigation will be ruled by their own interests, ie, money and/or public pressure.
If you are waiting on more evidence, why then did you jump to a conclusion on your previous post? There have been many, many drivers more "dirtier" than TS. Maybe you should research more than just a Rolling Stone article.

Old 08-14-2014, 08:15 AM

1,087 posts, read 1,949,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
If you are waiting on more evidence, why then did you jump to a conclusion on your previous post? There have been many, many drivers more "dirtier" than TS. Maybe you should research more than just a Rolling Stone article.
It is my opinion to date until there iis clear convincing evidence to support otherwise.

Old 08-14-2014, 08:06 PM

6,794 posts, read 5,671,509 times
UPDATE!
Stewart is out of the Michigan race this weekend as well.

Old 08-15-2014, 11:06 AM

8,079 posts, read 10,097,510 times
By the way, there is also a 'satirical" article floating around out there that Tony S has thrown in the towel on any further racing, or involvement in racing.

NASCAR: Tony Stewart To Announce Retirement From Auto Racing After Accident That Kills Competing Driver | Empire News

It is complete horse manure. Rusty Wallace, for starters, denies every having the alleged conversation(s).

Old 08-15-2014, 09:09 PM

582 posts, read 2,040,554 times
I look at this video. It seems as if it's a combination of both. Don't think for a minute that stewart was attempting to avoid ward. He drove on the highside of the track driving up to ward. Obviously not done with intentions to kill him, but he did not do his part in avoiding this accident. So both at fault , ward for being on the track and stewart for not attempting to drive on the lower part of the track like a few other drivers did when they saw ward on the track. Tragic accident that could of been avoided by 2 drivers with bad tempers.

Old 08-16-2014, 04:46 AM

204 posts, read 185,221 times
I notice that there have been a lot of claims by Tony's supporters. Some of them do not make sense to me though.

1. Kevin wore an ALL black suit and hence could not be seen. The facts show otherwise though. This photo clearly shows that Kevin's suit was not all black. It had white reflective stripes running from the top to the bottom. This photo shows this to be the case. So, the claim that he wore all black is false. The lights of the track should also have been enough to light up the stripes. Ward had no problems being seen.
Tony Stewart hits, kills walking driver on sprint-car track-ward59.png

2. There is the claim that Stewart could not see Ward. When the car is coming at you in the stands you don't have any problems seeing the driver inside. A human being has a viewing angle of 114 degrees. What is the viewing angle from inside the car with your helmet on? Stewart should have been able to see him. He also should have expected to see a wrecked car on his next pass under the yellow flag. He also should have been prepared to see a driver out of his car.
Tony Stewart hits, kills walking driver on sprint-car track-i-can-see-you.png
3. There is the claim that Tony was trying to steer away from him. But, it is clear that he steers right into Ward.
In this picture Stewart's car enters the frame. The white blur you see is the front wing of the car. Notice that it is lower down on the track.
Tony Stewart hits, kills walking driver on sprint-car track-stewart-enters-frame.png

In this photo you can see that Stewart's car travels up to where Ward was standing and that Ward is attempting to get out of the way of Stewart's car. Instead he is hit head on. It is also at this point in the video that you hear Stewart's engine rev. The wheels of Stewart's car are also pointed right at Ward. The story in the media has been that the right rear wheel hit Ward. But, the video does not seem to support that view. It supports the view that Stewart is steering his vehicle right into Ward. This is murder 2 not manslaughter.
Tony Stewart hits, kills walking driver on sprint-car track-sef4.png

This blow up also makes it clear that Ward is hit head on by Stewart.
Tony Stewart hits, kills walking driver on sprint-car track-blowup.png

Who does the fact checking for the news networks?

If you guys think I am wrong about this please explain, why I am wrong.

Old 08-16-2014, 09:27 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,862,999 times
You probably got the one video off u-tube that was digitally messed with to make it sound like he rev'd his engine. It sounds fake. The other video had no rev'ing.

The kid screwed up and should never have gotten out of his car. He damn near got run over by that blue and white first! That should have been his first clue to get off the track.

Old 08-16-2014, 10:05 PM

204 posts, read 185,221 times
It must have been a very quick faking of the video then. Because it was first posted on youtube about an hour after Stewart murdered the boy Ward Jr. It is also interesting that the eyewitnesses also heard him accelerate. The blue and white never comes close to running Ward Jr. over at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
You probably got the one video off u-tube that was digitally messed with to make it sound like he rev'd his engine. It sounds fake. The other video had no rev'ing.

The kid screwed up and should never have gotten out of his car. He damn near got run over by that blue and white first! That should have been his first clue to get off the track.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing