Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2014, 04:00 AM

281 posts, read 327,923 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I could see it being termed 'that's racing' in the final stages of a race. But between teammates on the 2nd lap? From what I saw Lewis was clearly ahead, had the line, and it's up to the over taking driver to deal with it. I think Nico screwed the pooch this time, I just hope this increasingly bitter rivalry doesn't wind up causing damage that can't be repaired.
Lewis Hamilton to McLaren-Honda for 2015. You heard it here first..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2014, 05:46 AM

68,333 posts, read 54,445,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plmbpmp View Post
Lewis Hamilton to McLaren-Honda for 2015. You heard it here first..
I had similar thoughts but have to wonder if Lewis would allow even the appearance of Nico having the upper hand and forcing him away from MB, I have my doubts about that.

I just hope they get through the rest of the season without anyone getting seriously hurt, I keep thinking back to the feuding Gilles Villeneuve/Didier Pironi and we know how that worked out.

Last edited by burdell; 08-25-2014 at 06:00 AM..

Old 08-25-2014, 08:12 AM

983 posts, read 1,635,961 times
It was a very clumsy racing incident... all on Rosberg. I still prefer this than having a race to the first corner and then team rules implemented.

Ricciardo once again impressive. What a driver. Bottas was driving circles around Massa as well. Hamilton and Rosberg must be fearing that this new generation will simply take over without letting them win more titles (or a first one, in the case of Nico).

It was also nice to see Kimi having a clean weekend. He loves Spa and it showed!

Old 08-25-2014, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collective View Post
It was a very clumsy racing incident... all on Rosberg. I still prefer this than having a race to the first corner and then team rules implemented.
I kinda think the rule about not taking out your teammate is a good one.
Quote:
Ricciardo once again impressive. What a driver. Bottas was driving circles around Massa as well. Hamilton and Rosberg must be fearing that this new generation will simply take over without letting them win more titles (or a first one, in the case of Nico).
Both Ricciardo and Bottas are both having GREAT F1 debut seasons.

Massa reportedly lost much time due to debris from Hamilton's tire lodging under his car.

[quote=Collective;36227518]

Quote:
It was also nice to see Kimi having a clean weekend. He loves Spa and it showed!
It will be interesting to see if he's finally found some comfort in the car and does well the rest of the season.

Old 08-28-2014, 08:27 AM

1,199 posts, read 1,554,871 times
Looked to me like Nico was on the inside, and Lewis came across his bow and made contact. These F1 drivers like to run people into the grass, and it looks like Lewis was going to attempt that. Except that Nico was already there. Oops.

Lewis has the talent, but I don't think he has the ability to win a psychological battle. Look how he faltered at McLaren in 2007 when he and Alonso were teammates. All he had to do was get a halfway decent finish in China, and he beaches the car coming into the pits. Then he hits the rev limiter in Brazil on lap 1 and watches Raikkonen take his title.

I agree, I hope Raikkonen finds some pace in the car, otherwise Ferrari may be asking him to leave once again.

Old 08-28-2014, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Both Ricciardo and Bottas are both having GREAT F1 debut seasons.
I think this is Bottas' second season with Williams.

Old 08-28-2014, 01:50 PM

6,467 posts, read 8,197,160 times
And Ricciardo made his debut in 2011 with HTR.

Old 08-28-2014, 01:53 PM

I remember Ricciardo taking Vettel's car he won the title with at Abu Dhabi a couple years ago and besting his lap by over a full second on the test session the day after the race.

Old 08-28-2014, 02:08 PM

7,785 posts, read 18,841,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
I remember Ricciardo taking Vettel's car he won the title with at Abu Dhabi a couple years ago and besting his lap by over a full second on the test session the day after the race.
But you never know the circumstances in test laps. Fuel rate? Tires? Weight? etc etc.

So what was it that got stuck on Nico's radio antenna?

Old 08-29-2014, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
I think this is Bottas' second season with Williams.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmptrwlt View Post
And Ricciardo made his debut in 2011 with HTR.
My bad, twice!

Must be brain freeze!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing