Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2014, 02:39 PM

245 posts, read 298,655 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
The one good thing about this forum is that nothing is fact based. I don't believe that there are any F1 team owners posting here so everything posted are just opinions.
So my opinions no matter who disagrees are just as relevant as those F1 fans posting here claiming to be " F1 racing experts".

I will continue to laugh at F1 fans who think their drivers are superior. That's the funniest thing they ever say plus I will still laugh at so called European superiority in technology.

Yes your 1M sports car is superior to our 100K sports cars.

Your 2M F1 car is superior to our 1M Indy car.

Your 2M F1 car is superior to our 200K stock car.

But our racing is more entertaining than your racing. After all isn't that why we all go to races to see great driving or do we go so see a parade of exotic cars playing follow the leader with an occasional pass?
Tell me about Nascar ruining ALMS and creating a sports car series with Nascar rules to let the Nascar teams win: Staged finish Sebring and Daytona, BOP in favor of DP, and penalties for the wrong cars. Talking about Indycar 75% of Indy Car drivers are foreigners and some are ex F1 drivers. Nascar all about commercials, staged endings and staged fights it is like watching "Dancing with the stars" or "lost"

F1 is an international series and you have to know that there is life outside the borders of the USA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2014, 09:52 AM

68,333 posts, read 54,445,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Collective View Post
100% Tilke track, but it gets good with the very long back straight and a very technical first corner. Judging by practice sessions: Red Bull is a bit closer to Mercedes here, once again Williams and Force India look very good on long runs (not so much on qualy trim, but it will rain anyway), Ferrari looked decent on low fuel, but long runs were not so encouraging. Same could be said of McLaren.
I think a dry race may well see Williams and Force India giving Red Bull all they can handle. At any rate I hope for a race as entertaining as Bahrain was.

Old 04-20-2014, 09:39 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,909,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mos1992 View Post
Tell me about Nascar ruining ALMS and creating a sports car series with Nascar rules to let the Nascar teams win: Staged finish Sebring and Daytona, BOP in favor of DP, and penalties for the wrong cars. Talking about Indycar 75% of Indy Car drivers are foreigners and some are ex F1 drivers. Nascar all about commercials, staged endings and staged fights it is like watching "Dancing with the stars" or "lost"

F1 is an international series and you have to know that there is life outside the borders of the USA
And F1 isn't. Its a business in the end made to make money. If not then Bernie won't be so rich. Winning the team title is everything to the team owners as its really pays; plain and simple. Few races are drag it to track and win a trophy now days. If they were; you certainly wouldn't see the management of race to make them exciting by allowing passing by tire rules that wear out quickly; pass advantage when trailing. F1 has spent a lot of time and money trying to make the advantage of getting a gap at start being such a advantage but seeing the races the teams cover it. Still a huge advantage except its 1 second plus now and limited speed by tire wear . Heck they even change rules on legal construction when one gets a huge advantage, Mercedes has a huge advantage even with all starting over this year. No real change in competitiveness except name of car make. Money talks in racing of all types. The race is opretty much set at start of most formula races just as in past and it becomes often a parade behind the leader which we see driver has less and less control of.

Old 04-23-2014, 10:51 AM

245 posts, read 298,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
And F1 isn't. Its a business in the end made to make money. If not then Bernie won't be so rich. Winning the team title is everything to the team owners as its really pays; plain and simple. Few races are drag it to track and win a trophy now days. If they were; you certainly wouldn't see the management of race to make them exciting by allowing passing by tire rules that wear out quickly; pass advantage when trailing. F1 has spent a lot of time and money trying to make the advantage of getting a gap at start being such a advantage but seeing the races the teams cover it. Still a huge advantage except its 1 second plus now and limited speed by tire wear . Heck they even change rules on legal construction when one gets a huge advantage, Mercedes has a huge advantage even with all starting over this year. No real change in competitiveness except name of car make. Money talks in racing of all types. The race is opretty much set at start of most formula races just as in past and it becomes often a parade behind the leader which we see driver has less and less control of.
I was just talking about organization. There is a difference between staged racing to create excitement like TUSC, Nascar and real racing like: F1,Indy car,PWC, WEC, and all the European racing. I didn't say f1 is not all about money I just said they don't stage it so people go and watch it or pretend people will share interest, It has its own prestige and glamor. ALMS used to share the same prestige like Euro series and if you enter the new series Facebook page you will find that most fans are ex ALMS fans, European style racing, and not Grand AM, Nascar style racing, even though both are American series.
Considering competitiveness. F1 is all about developing and Mercedes did the best job. As a Ferrari fan I can't complain because they didn't cheat or break the rules to build the best car and previously Red Bull for the past 5 years. Ferrari had their days during the Schumacher era, it is a complete package driver, team, management and car. I don't believe the rules are tailored according to a certain manufacturer

Old 04-23-2014, 11:32 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,909,608 times
Clearly has one gets to top of any type racing the need for money makes specs more about usable commercial technology for civilian usage now days. At same time more and more aero traction means less and less racing at close quarters. If one reads drivers they love mechanical traction often because it involves driving skills more.F1 has been trying for over a decade to get past the; get a gap and maintain it advantage .But as we have seen they have failed; so they started on tire degradation; opening wings of tailing cars to allow advantage. But its also why the best drivers come from having go cart and even hard packed dirt were often the difference is learning to drive at limits of mechanical traction. Its really hard now days to judge the actual driving ability difference between the top drivers as just a little advantage; often nothing to do with driver; means so much. I like NASCAR because the advantage is so depend on the team itself performing in the race as cars are effected so much by changing conditions. Being my age I can well remember F1 when it was a mostly about nothing but mechanical traction and drivers skills. It Also meant extreme dangers in many ways with a minor mistake tho.

Old 04-24-2014, 08:02 PM

2,609 posts, read 4,362,824 times
I have been insanely busy this year but have still caught all the races. Bahrain was amazing, I'm a bit heartbroken over Lotus but I am loving Hulkenberg in the Force India!

Old 04-24-2014, 08:16 PM

2,609 posts, read 4,362,824 times
Quote:
The one good thing about this forum is that nothing is fact based. I don't believe that there are any F1 team owners posting here so everything posted are just opinions.
So my opinions no matter who disagrees are just as relevant as those F1 fans posting here claiming to be " F1 racing experts".

I will continue to laugh at F1 fans who think their drivers are superior. That's the funniest thing they ever say plus I will still laugh at so called European superiority in technology.

But our racing is more entertaining than your racing. After all isn't that why we all go to races to see great driving or do we go so see a parade of exotic cars playing follow the leader with an occasional pass?
Why are you even posting in the F1 thread? Where are the mods... This post is to talk about the 2014 F1 season, your comments aren't appropriate for this post.

Old 04-27-2014, 08:12 AM

2,183 posts, read 2,640,164 times
Quote:

Dude, just shut up. You are why us Americans have such a bad rep around the world.

Old 05-01-2014, 11:52 PM

5,466 posts, read 8,192,532 times
Ayrton Senna, died May 1, 20 years ago.

I remember this race. One of the greatest first laps ever, in an inferior car, BUT the track was wet and slippery:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwLEE420v20

Old 05-02-2014, 05:16 AM

37 posts, read 106,486 times
I typically just watch qualifying however with such a large number of new manages changes on the autos; I will watch at any rate until the rich groups begin further bolstering addition good fortune creating the new autos under the standards. With such restricted testing ought to begin as more equivalent and who composed the best on static testing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing