Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2014, 07:25 AM

983 posts, read 1,635,782 times

Advertisements

If life is fair, it will be Lewis on top. If Nico wins it, I hope it will be in a way that he would have won it without double points anyway... If that stupid rule ends up being the difference I will be very pissed.

(BTW, it's a done deal that it's going away for 2015)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2014, 08:57 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,902,805 times
Why ;because racing as team is more than just the driver. Same in that it all racing and starts with car.

Old 11-22-2014, 02:44 PM

7,785 posts, read 18,839,461 times
So: where did the Red Bulls place in qualifying?

Doesn't matter, they were DQ'd for a too-flexible front wing and start from the back of the back. Ouch for Ricciardo.

Old 11-24-2014, 01:04 AM

3,261 posts, read 3,707,557 times
Hamilton wins and becomes world champion for a second time.

Old 11-24-2014, 10:44 AM

1,620 posts, read 2,302,294 times
Default Nico's 2014 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix Video Blog

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIZqohziW5c

Old 12-11-2014, 11:18 AM

7,785 posts, read 18,839,461 times
McLaren finally makes the announcement - Alonso and Button, with Magnussen the test/reserve driver. Ahhh, what a happy camp that team is going to be. I am sort of surprised they kept Button, I thought his F1 days were done. Other than being a "known commodity" and a steady, somewhat whiny, non-flashy driver, I am not sure what Button keeps in the team. Surely he doesn't expect equal footing with Alonso? He isn't nearly as good a driver, although perhaps engineering finds him more useful than Alonso, who demonstrated that he is willing to just "drive over" a car's flaws.

Old 12-12-2014, 10:44 AM

68,333 posts, read 54,437,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW-type-gal View Post
McLaren finally makes the announcement - Alonso and Button, with Magnussen the test/reserve driver. Ahhh, what a happy camp that team is going to be. I am sort of surprised they kept Button, I thought his F1 days were done. Other than being a "known commodity" and a steady, somewhat whiny, non-flashy driver, I am not sure what Button keeps in the team. Surely he doesn't expect equal footing with Alonso? He isn't nearly as good a driver, although perhaps engineering finds him more useful than Alonso, who demonstrated that he is willing to just "drive over" a car's flaws.

Button's experience and technical knowledge probably makes him the better development driver of the two that were in play and a clean sheet of paper engine design as well as a seemingly adequate but not stellar chassis are going to put development at the top of the 'we need to do' list.

HONDA has great capabilities and it will be interesting to see how they fare in 2015. You have to wonder how they felt when the HONDA team became Brawn and took the title with Button at the wheel. I don't doubt Button's already established relationships at HONDA played a part in his selection either.

Old 12-15-2014, 01:53 PM

Button has the advantage of being both experienced and a known quantity, which should help with keeping Alonso happy.

Old 12-15-2014, 04:20 PM

68,333 posts, read 54,437,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Collective View Post
Button has the advantage of being both experienced and a known quantity, which should help with keeping Alonso happy.
I think that's gonna depend on who's the faster of the two.

I have to say that even though the record books won't say so I think this past season was one of Alonso's best as it showed his ability/determination to take an average at best car and get everything he could out of it.

Old 12-17-2014, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I think that's gonna depend on who's the faster of the two.

I have to say that even though the record books won't say so I think this past season was one of Alonso's best as it showed his ability/determination to take an average at best car and get everything he could out of it.
Alonso will slaugher Button, it's not even going to be close. Button is probably the most overrated, less deserving champion in history.

I also think that 2014 was a great year for him. Pulling that point advantage vs Kimi is just amazing... I know that Kimi struggled a lot with this car, but even then, the difference was an abyss.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing