Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2007, 06:52 AM

447 posts, read 1,850,318 times

Advertisements

Thanks Jen! I rarely go into Lakeline mall (not much of a mall person either) but the area over there has Barnes and Noble, Petco, Linens n Things, Toys R Us, World Market and the SuperTarget, so if I shop, I'm usually over there. And I buy a lot of groceries at Super Target - I like their selection of organic and natural foods better than my nearest HEB (which doesn't have much).

I've been to the Round RockYMCA (I checked it out when I was offered a position by Stony Point HS to see if I would work out there before work) - it's a lot smaller than the one we use at (Northwest Family, part of Austin YMCA, right on McNeil) and doesn't have an indoor pool, if I recall correctly. Hmmm...

Yes, the area you're thinking of is "Tech Ridge" at Parmer and Mopac. I used to sometimes trek down there for Pei Wei before the one at Anderson Mill just opened (yum!) lol.

Oh, Jen, I thought you would appreciate this - I posted the same question on another Austin board, and a woman who lives in Cat Hollow responded that she heard Forest Creek was nice but it seems so "out there". I said another woman (you) on another forum said the same thing about where we live! lol - all about what you're used to, I guess!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2007, 08:57 AM

9,249 posts, read 26,704,369 times
I know this is off topic, but I keep reading about Pei Wei, and I used to love going there in Denver. Where is the closest one to me if I'm in Hutto?

Old 03-24-2007, 10:50 AM

3,225 posts, read 14,067,040 times
The closest one is where tracey mentioned, off Parmer - Tech Ridge. YUM!

The RR YMCA has told me that they are going to start on a pool this year - ready by next year... and of course, FC has a pool There is a place in Pflugerville where all the FC swimteam people swim off season (indoors).

Quote:
Barnes and Noble, Petco, Linens n Things, Toys R Us, World Market and the SuperTarget,
We have all of this at La Frontera shopping center. Maybe 8-10mins away.

Quote:
And I buy a lot of groceries at Super Target - I like their selection of organic and natural foods better than my nearest HEB (which doesn't have much).
HEBplus has a really great selection of these types of food. We are typically "natural foods people" and are kinda snooty about it, coming from granola crunch Seattle We have been really surprised and pleased by HEBplus. It carries many of the "Central Market" brand items.

Old 03-24-2007, 11:45 AM

447 posts, read 1,850,318 times
LOL on the Seattle snootiness on natural foods - but that means we probably have similar eating habits! Thanks for the info - helps me make an informed decision. I have heard that some HEBs have a great selection of Central Market healthy stuff, so that's good to know.

I have a feeling the actual house we find will decide the location - our house goes on the market in just over a week, so we'll start the real hunt soon.

Old 01-05-2010, 12:03 AM

5 posts, read 7,785 times
Default Forest Creek

we are planning to buy a DR horton home in Forest Creek behind the new Goddard School off Gattis Rd. would appreciate any information -ve or +ve on the same. Are DR Horton good builders? We have a budget of $200,000 3/4 bedrroms +study. Any other communities that you would recommend. Appreciate and thankful for all replies.

Old 01-05-2010, 01:02 AM

1,961 posts, read 6,126,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greta View Post
we are planning to buy a DR horton home in Forest Creek behind the new Goddard School off Gattis Rd. would appreciate any information -ve or +ve on the same. Are DR Horton good builders? We have a budget of $200,000 3/4 bedrroms +study. Any other communities that you would recommend. Appreciate and thankful for all replies.
We lived in a DR Horton house and still own it as a rental. It is fine. Definitely not the fit and finish of a higher end builder but it was fine. The house will be just like others on the street. I would hire a good inspector to check it out if you are serious about it to ease your fears about the big things.

Old 01-05-2010, 08:32 AM

372 posts, read 1,149,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greta View Post
My first home was a DR Horton. This builder usually builds starter homes. Our house was nice and we did not have any major problems with it. You might also check out Sonoma and Shadow Pointe. There are some homes in those neighborhoods in your price range.

Old 01-05-2010, 08:48 AM

9,249 posts, read 26,704,369 times
Or the older homes in Forest Creek. The older ones are better quality I think, mostly masonry.... large, mature trees. They are currently widening Gattis School Road so the traffic won't be as bumper to bumper. But whether you look at homes in New Forest Creek, Old Forest Creek, Sonoma, or Shadow Pointe the whole area is pretty nice, safe and close to several amenities. I'm not sure if the homes in Oak Bluff are in your budget but you may also want to look there. Oak Bluff borders Forest Creek, but the homes are a lot larger and fancier.

Old 01-05-2010, 10:11 AM

372 posts, read 1,149,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by love roses View Post
Or the older homes in Forest Creek.
Old Forest Creek homes are generally higher than 200K. There is 1 home in old Forest Creek under 200K. There are no homes in Oak Bluff under 200K. I have lived in this area for 6 years now and could not be happier. There are multiple access routes into this area and there is ample shopping in the area.

Old 01-06-2010, 01:42 AM

5 posts, read 7,785 times
Thank you all for your replies ... appreciate it. this will be our first home so we low on budget. shankaupas would you be able to give me details of the home in Fc available under 200k? thank you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin