Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2013, 08:41 AM

686 posts, read 1,769,052 times

Advertisements

A related question: What is the official web site for Texas MLS (multiple listing service)? For example, rmls.com is the MLS site serving Oregon and Washington; nneren.com serves New England. For Texas, I see many third-party sites but have yet to find the official site.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2013, 08:46 AM

2,627 posts, read 6,576,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMUR View Post
A related question: What is the official web site for Texas MLS (multiple listing service)? For example, rmls.com is the MLS site serving Oregon and Washington; nneren.com serves New England. For Texas, I see many third-party sites but have yet to find the official site.

Thanks
This is just for the Austin area, not all of Texas.

For the public:

Austin real estate | Homes for Sale Austin | Austin Homes | Austin Board of REALTORS

For Realtors:

ABoR.com - Austin Board of REALTORS®

Old 04-12-2013, 09:13 AM

152 posts, read 281,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jk81230 View Post
Thanks for the suggestions. It seems like I find more in east Round Rock in our price range but I am not sure of the different neighborhoods. We are first time home buyers and obviously we would have more options with a larger budget but we mostly care about finding a house that is in a neighborhood that we feel safe and comfortable in and has a good school nearby.
My husband will be working at the store going in Rollingwood. He may try and get transferred closer to home once new stores open but there is always the possibility that he gets moved around to different stores so we always plan on there being the possibility of a longer commute. Glad that people are so excited for the new store...TJ's is great

Welcome to Austin jk, love Trader Joes!

That seems like a pretty long commute jk. What's your rush to buy? Remember buying and selling a home is expensive, figure you need to sell for 7 to 10% more than you bought to cover all costs if you want to break even. Why not rent for a year and take some time looking at different neighborhoods, maybe by that time your husband will know where he's going to be working and you'll have a better idea of where you want to live?

Old 04-12-2013, 01:49 PM

5,184 posts, read 7,282,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jk81230 View Post
We are moving because my husband works for Trader Joe's and will be working at the store that is opening in Austin.
Don't know who is more excited about your move - you, or we Austinites that love TJ's!

Old 04-12-2013, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark311 View Post
This is just for the Austin area, not all of Texas.

For the public:

Austin real estate | Homes for Sale Austin | Austin Homes | Austin Board of REALTORS
Thanks mark311. That is the kind of site I was looking for.

BTW, do you know if there is a Texas-wide MLS site, or do the realtors in each region maintain a region-specific site such as the one for Austin region?

Old 04-13-2013, 02:13 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,427,996 times
There's not a Texas-wide MLS site, to my knowledge. Each area has its own MLS system.

Old 04-14-2013, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
There's not a Texas-wide MLS site, to my knowledge. Each area has its own MLS system.
Right. Do any states have statewide MLS systems? I guess maybe the really small states might, but I had to deal with 6 or 7 different MLS systems in Southern California alone back in the late 90's before they were Internet/web based (I'm not a realtor, but worked in the Industry). Realtors in SoCal often had to have 2 or 3 different software packages installed on their computers to access the different MLS systems that they were members of. The emergence of the Internet has made things 1000% better for those realtors.

Old 04-15-2013, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
Thanks. Do you happen to know the MLS sites for Dallas, Houston, and San Antonio areas?

Quote:
Right. Do any states have statewide MLS systems? I guess maybe the really small states might, but I had to deal with 6 or 7 different MLS systems in Southern California alone back in the late 90's before they were Internet/web based (I'm not a realtor, but worked in the Industry). Realtors in SoCal often had to have 2 or 3 different software packages installed on their computers to access the different MLS systems that they were members of. The emergence of the Internet has made things 1000% better for those realtors.
I can see how large states like Texas and California might not have a single site. FYI, rmls.com serves both Oregon and Washington; nneren.com covers Vermont, New Hampshire, and Massachusetts.

Old 04-15-2013, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMUR View Post
I can see how large states like Texas and California might not have a single site. FYI, rmls.com serves both Oregon and Washington; nneren.com covers Vermont, New Hampshire, and Massachusetts.
The Houston one is linked below and is a lot better than Austin's in my opinion. I haven't dealt with the other ones in Texas at all.

Houston Real estate, Houston homes, Houston Realtors - HAR.com

Old 04-16-2013, 06:43 AM

Quote:
The Houston one is linked below and is a lot better than Austin's in my opinion. I haven't dealt with the other ones in Texas at all.

Houston Real estate, Houston homes, Houston Realtors - HAR.com
Thanks mark311.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin