Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 03:59 PM

2,633 posts, read 6,402,399 times

Advertisements

Again, I don't know what map you're working from - Higland Horizon is nowhere close to the "Parmer Corridor".

Million dollar homes don't create "pop", neither do movie theaters.

I sincerely wonder if you even live in the Austin area, since it seems that most of your comments are based on really outdated views of Google Maps and stuff you find on the internet (FYI - the food carts on S Congress aren't there anymore).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2013, 03:26 PM

10 posts, read 28,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10scoachrick View Post
AND I'll add that covering the 18 miles from HH to the 38th St medical area in 15 minutes requires a fair bit of speeding, especially considering the surface streets that must be negotiated at the beginning and end. Just sayin'.

Who knows if this 2013 map is correct; but it shows HH as NOT being within the city limits of Austin(those are some screwy boundaries around there!
Austin :: Boundary Map and Geodata for the city of Austin in Texas, U.S.A. :: MapTechnica
I don't speed and make this drive ALL the time, my neighbor works for the hospital and it takes her 15 minutes as well. She leaves very early mind you, but regardless without traffic it takes me 15 minutes. Highland Horizon is not in the city limits of Austin or Round Rock....I never said it was. This doesn't mean, however that it is not a NW Austin location. It is described as such in many descriptions. Shady Hollow is considered a "southwest" Austin community but is not within Austin city limits either...they are also in a MUD, just like HH. All I'm saying is HH is just as much a part of Austin as many other more established communities very North and very South.

Old 07-04-2013, 04:39 PM

8,977 posts, read 17,564,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northaustinite View Post
I don't speed and make this drive ALL the time, my neighbor works for the hospital and it takes her 15 minutes as well. She leaves very early mind you, but regardless without traffic it takes me 15 minutes. Highland Horizon is not in the city limits of Austin or Round Rock....I never said it was. This doesn't mean, however that it is not a NW Austin location. It is described as such in many descriptions. Shady Hollow is considered a "southwest" Austin community but is not within Austin city limits either...they are also in a MUD, just like HH. All I'm saying is HH is just as much a part of Austin as many other more established communities very North and very South.
Not to be a nit-picker; but that's AVERAGING 72mph for the trip

Old 07-05-2013, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10scoachrick View Post
Not to be a nit-picker; but that's AVERAGING 72mph for the trip
That's just silly....

Old 07-05-2013, 10:06 AM

13,448 posts, read 15,499,397 times
For all intent and purpose, that area is considered Round Rock by nearly everyone. The website itself describes HH as an "up and coming community in Round Rock, TX". It's in Williamson County.

Old 07-05-2013, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatWing View Post
Surprisingly Streetman is suppose to have some of the better built homes "matchstick" style, so I was surprised to see them skimp on the size and cut of the homes in HH. that model Streetman is very nice, but they only allowed so many floorplans and that hurt that development imo. David Weekly should've done better too. That's a prime spot to be right across the way from the Hostpial. I was hoping for MIllion + homes given the GRAND entrance to the place
Originally Kimball Hill Homes (I'm pretty sure) were going to build the smaller homes and Streetman was building the grander, more expensive homes. I think Kimball Hill closed their doors, so Streetman saw an opportunity. They created a few smaller one story homes and then took a few plans from circle C, such as "the Brisco (2500 sq. ft.) and tweaked them a bit. These smaller homes are actually very nice and open on the inside. They sold out very quickly and now the only homes for sale are the larger homes that are close to or over $400,000. One one of the one story, smaller homes recently went for sale and sold in 3 days. The Enclave is underway and these homes are going to be garden homes, but appear to be very modern and low maintenance. They start at 1600 sq. ft., but have a price tag ($260,000). A 2500 sq. ft. Home in this section starts at $318,000. I think there are many people wanting an average size house these days...

Old 07-05-2013, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
For all intent and purpose, that area is considered Round Rock by nearly everyone. The website itself describes HH as an "up and coming community in Round Rock, TX". It's in Williamson County.
The website itself says:
Highland Horizon, a beautiful new community located just east of Highway 183 on Rural Route 620, is the premiere residential community in Northwest Austin. This very desirable area boasts Round Rock I.S.D. schools, mature trees and is convenient to major employers, shopping, recreation and entertainment.

The Enclave website says:
At The Enclave at Highland Horizon, residents enjoy upscale living, an attractive streetscape and luxurious amenities in a central location. This Northwest Austin community offers its residents the ultimate benefit: a peaceful, stress-free lifestyle.

I know it's considered RR by many, but it is also considered Austin by many as well. It's just a bizarre division....we bought our house because we liked the location and wanted to live in Austin with RR schools....

http://www.ppgtx.com/Blog/Homebuilde...g-in-NW-Austin
This article is from 2011 but it speaks of the HH development.

Last edited by Northaustinite; 07-05-2013 at 10:57 AM..

Old 07-05-2013, 11:39 AM

13,448 posts, read 15,499,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northaustinite View Post
The website itself says:
Highland Horizon, a beautiful new community located just east of Highway 183 on Rural Route 620, is the premiere residential community in Northwest Austin. This very desirable area boasts Round Rock I.S.D. schools, mature trees and is convenient to major employers, shopping, recreation and entertainment.

The Enclave website says:
At The Enclave at Highland Horizon, residents enjoy upscale living, an attractive streetscape and luxurious amenities in a central location. This Northwest Austin community offers its residents the ultimate benefit: a peaceful, stress-free lifestyle.

I know it's considered RR by many, but it is also considered Austin by many as well. It's just a bizarre division....we bought our house because we liked the location and wanted to live in Austin with RR schools....

Homebuilders Readying 23000 Lots for Building in NW Austin - Paragon Property Group
This article is from 2011 but it speaks of the HH development.
The website I viewed says what I said:

http://www.highlandhorizon.com/highl...tside_home.asp

but I'm not arguing bc I don't live there and truthfully, it doesn't really matter. Our mailing address is called "Round Rock" even though we live in Travis County and we're actually a part of Pflugerville. I lived in an ETJ for a while before an annexation, so it's sort of a limbo -- you're a part of neither city. For most Austinites and others, that area is considered Round Rock. They are both considered suburbs and have far more kinship with each other than say, central Austin. I'm not trying to pick a fight or anything, so please don't misunderstand. I just personally wouldn't see why it would matter to anyone whether the area is termed "Austin" or "Round Rock".

Old 07-05-2013, 12:27 PM

There is a lot of truth to what you say. It honestly doesn't matter, however this argument continues to pop up. Most people, for some reason seem to almost get offended when HH is said to be in North W. Austin. I guess I just see it from a growth stand point, there are many neighborhoods built in the 80's like shady hollow down south that many would have never called "in Austin" but it is readily called that now. I appreciate your honesty....

The website you are looking at is the HH home page, I always go to the Streetman page because I bought one of their homes...sorry...we both stand correct! :-) Some realtor websites call it in NW Austin and other call it Round rock....No one really knows....I link my activities and such more to brushy creek and NW Austin so perhaps that's why I feel the neighborhood is in Austin....I see Round Rock as the outlet malls, ikea, Dell, ect...

Old 07-05-2013, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatWing View Post
the name Highland Horizon will make you think you're moving into a development of Highland Homes, but that's not the case. David Weekly and Newmark are the builders and tbh, they could've done better with the layout of the neighborhood. Round Rock schools so you win there...and you're on thh 620 artery so traffic will suck in the mornings. but otherwise, if they meet your price point and "what I want/need" list", they are worth a shot.
The builders are David Weekly and Streetman, not Newmark....just FYI...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin