Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2012, 03:26 PM

773 posts, read 1,261,561 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10scoachrick View Post
Also of interest is that the HH community is located in the Brushy Creek MUD.

Whew!
That whole area confuses me greatly. I typically refer to it as "North of Austin."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2012, 12:52 PM

23 posts, read 111,138 times
We've lived in Highland Horizon for a little over 2 years. We've enjoyed the location and easy access to shopping and roads. There is a nice mix of age groups and plenty of families with small children. The traffic and road noise really doesn't seem to be an issue and I like the fact that the community is bounded by ranch land. The development has actually sold better than they expected so they started the second phase earlier and there are a lot of neat lots with greenbelt (utility easement with trees). Hope this helps!

Old 01-12-2012, 01:26 PM

31 posts, read 91,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amyktexas View Post
We've lived in Highland Horizon for a little over 2 years. We've enjoyed the location and easy access to shopping and roads. There is a nice mix of age groups and plenty of families with small children. The traffic and road noise really doesn't seem to be an issue and I like the fact that the community is bounded by ranch land. The development has actually sold better than they expected so they started the second phase earlier and there are a lot of neat lots with greenbelt (utility easement with trees). Hope this helps!
It does. Thanks a bunch!

Old 01-12-2012, 01:48 PM

8,977 posts, read 17,586,393 times
Quote:
So, Amy, can you tell us if HH is actually within the city limits of Austin? Also, smile1 would likely benefit from knowing how the utilities are handled within the MUD. It looks like the city annexed some of that surrounding area; but I haven't found the actual boundaries.

There will be quite a change in traffic patterns once O'Connor and Great Oaks are extended, I would imagine.

Old 01-27-2012, 06:53 AM

Highland Horizon is not in the city limits of Austin. It is Williamson County and part of the Brushy Creek MUD. The MUD handles water/wastewater and trash/recycling. There will be more traffic once O'Conner/Great Oaks go through in the next couple of years. The first phase of that construction is coming along, and the state has started work on the connections to the toll road.
They are modifying our school boundaries to be more vertical so right now they are proposing Elsa England Elementary(a new school being built a bit northwest of here), Cedar Valley Middle School, and Round Rock High School.
There is a pool run by the MUD in the neighborhood, you can join the MUD or pay as you go. It's designed as two pools, one for kids to play and a heated pool for adults and aquatherapy.

Old 01-27-2012, 07:15 AM

12,960 posts, read 13,392,760 times
Quote:
Highland Horizon is not in the city limits of Austin. It is Williamson County and part of the Brushy Creek MUD. The MUD handles water/wastewater and trash/recycling. There will be more traffic once O'Conner/Great Oaks go through in the next couple of years. The first phase of that construction is coming along, and the state has started work on the connections to the toll road.
They are modifying our school boundaries to be more vertical so right now they are proposing Elsa England Elementary(a new school being built a bit northwest of here), Cedar Valley Middle School, and Round Rock High School.
There is a pool run by the MUD in the neighborhood, you can join the MUD or pay as you go. It's designed as two pools, one for kids to play and a heated pool for adults and aquatherapy.
Hey Amy, how's the road extension construction going down there?

We live up in the Meadows of Brushy Creek just north of you. Moved here in 1995 when our section was surrounded on the north by ranch land. There was almost nothing built yet along 620 from the RR hospital to Parmer Lane.

Now that area is covered with Avery Ranch and Pearson Place is now under construction. Those neighborhoods are in the Austin City limits.

Probably won't be long before more neighborhoods spring up south of 620.

Old 01-27-2012, 10:01 AM

1,601 posts, read 2,987,605 times
Quote:
Bounded by ranch land for the time being....just three years ago when we finished our build in Walsh Trails on Brushy Creek Road, just down Great Oaks from you, we were also surrounded by ranch land and with only one entrance/exit to the neighborhood. Now that former ranch land is a huge addition to Ranch at Brushy Creek subdivision, with an additional two and soon to be three entrances/exits and a lot more traffic.

I hope builders/realtors in your community don't try to use that as a selling point and people actually believe that they will always live next to that ranch land, because it probably won't be the case - very few people keep valuable city land for long anymore. I know a lot of uninformed people (or those who actually believed the builder or their realtor) in our neighborhood were very disappointed to find out that they now will have a house in their backyard or that they weren't on a "dead-end" street as they were told.

Old 02-03-2012, 10:25 AM

The construction is not my favorite part of living here, but I will enjoy the convenience of easy access to multiple roads as time goes on. The developer is intending on a third phase which will have access off 620, but will not be connected to directly by roads to our section.
I am aware that the ranch land behind us could be developed at some point, but considering that a large part of the parcel of land is flood zone and has a creek, I think it would be costly and should be a long way in the future.
Regardless, this is a great community with a lot of neighborhood identity and pride of ownership.

Old 02-03-2012, 10:43 AM

Do not believe everything any developer tells you.

Old 02-03-2012, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decked View Post
Nice area, great schools. New Great Oaks and O'Connor extensions will make it a breeze to get to La Frontera and McNeil High School. 620 is undergoing a lot of new development - my best recommendation: find another time to shop HEB than Sunday evening!

Decked.com - Lawns, Landscaping, Pools, Decks, Fences
We do 90% of our HEB shoppin' before noon Monday-Friday - Hardly anybody in there.

Yeah, that extension will be nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin