Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2012, 03:08 PM

3,421 posts, read 5,216,453 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrittJay View Post
Hello, my fiance and I are looking to rent a townhouse in a a good area in Atlanta

1. Budget: 800-1000 per month
2. House/Condo/Townhome? Townhouse
3. Employment Status(commute/work from home) Commute
4. Children(public school vs. private) Public School
5. Suburban or Urban lifestyle preference or a mix of the two Mix
6. Easy access to public transit, important or not? Not important
7. Preferable demographics of desired neighborhood. middle-class, family oriented, culturaly diverse

You won't find a townhome in the kind of neighborhood you want at that price. A two bedroom flat in areas that fit your description start at least $1,000 to $1,500. Areas that are cheaper without public transportation, the commute would be horrendous if you are coming in-town to work. If you can fit the cost of gas in your budget for the longer commute and don't mind traffic you may be able to find something in that price range, but the schools may not be all that great. For better schools, you may have to move even futher out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2012, 09:14 PM

2 posts, read 4,220 times
Appreciate the information. So what are some suggestions of areas in or outside the Atlanta metro area that would be suitable per requirements. Also we are looking at houses too. Thank you

Old 06-27-2012, 04:04 PM

9,124 posts, read 36,369,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrittJay View Post
Appreciate the information. So what are some suggestions of areas in or outside the Atlanta metro area that would be suitable per requirements. Also we are looking at houses too. Thank you
Depends- where will you be working? There are areas all around Atlanta that might suit your needs, but you can also end up with a 2-hour commute if you work on one side of the metro and live on the other. And if your answer is "I don't know where I'll be working yet- I haven't lined up a job", you're setting yourself up for failure.

Old 07-01-2012, 12:54 PM

1 posts, read 1,995 times
My boyfriend and I are thinking about moving to Decatur, Georgia. I have a child that is 13, i need to find a good school for her. I have 2 other children that would like to tend college and i need to know about housing, jobs, entertainment, cost of living and a good area to live.

Old 07-03-2012, 02:28 PM

6,616 posts, read 13,824,973 times
I am moving to Atlanta, GA as well. I will work in an area called Lenox I believe and want to know if Midtown Atlanta is a good place to live for a guy like me.

My hobbies include working, bicycling, hitting the gym, meeting new people at different social gatherings, live music, rock climbing, and walking around the city.

1. Budget: $800-$1,000 per month.
2. House/Condo/Townhome?: Would like to rent either a condo or apartment.
3. Employment Status(commute/work from home): I would commute via car to work and back.
4. Children(public school vs. private): No kids, I'm only 19.
5. Suburban or Urban lifestyle preference or a mix of the two: Urban, urban, urban.
6. Easy access to public transit, important or not?: Would be nice, but not crucial.
7. Preferable demographics of desired neighborhood.: I like a lot of diversity. I am half Asian, half white. Would like a nice dating pool with people in their early to late twenties.

Any suggestions would be nice.

Old 07-03-2012, 09:49 PM

1 posts, read 1,948 times
Default Looking for affordable apts. near GSU- ABSOLUTELY NO RATS!!! I CAN'T EVEN IMAGINE... UGH

1. Budget- $900/mo - or less
2. House/Condo/Townhome?- Apartment
3. Employment Status(commute/work from home)- GSU Student/Full Time/Unemployed
4. Children(public school vs. private)- 1 Child/3 yrs.old/Daycare
5. Suburban or Urban lifestyle preference or a mix of the two- Mix of the Two
6. Easy access to public transit, important or not?- Easy access would be nice but not mandatory
7. Preferable demographics of desired neighborhood.- North/NE Atlanta, or at least as nice and still safe, rat free, clean...
8. Age/Ethnicity/Status- 31 yr old Black Female Single
9. Other: Moving to Atlanta from The Woodlands, TX (North Houston)

AND ABSOLUTELY NO RATS!!! I CAN'T EVEN IMAGINE... UGH

Please advise.

Old 07-04-2012, 01:29 PM

1 posts, read 1,936 times
Default What areas are best?

I am moving to Atlanta to complete a nursing rotation for graduate school. I will be working in Marietta. What are safe neighborhoods to live in?

1. Budget-no more than $600
2. House/Condo/Townhome?-does not matter
3. Employment Status(commute/work from home)-commute to Marietta, also rotating through downtown Atlanta
4. Children(public school vs. private)-n/a
5. Suburban or Urban lifestyle preference or a mix of the two-I lived in NYC but I can do a mix of the 2
6. Easy access to public transit, important or not?-will be driving
7. Preferable demographics of desired neighborhood.-safe, clean,professional

Old 07-06-2012, 05:06 PM

2,490 posts, read 2,544,260 times
I was thinking about the possibility of moving in a couple of months. Would most likely be working in the Buckhead area.

1. Budget: Less than $900
2. House/Condo/Townhome? Apartment
3. Employment Status(commute/work from home) Commute/Walk
4. Children(public school vs. private) No Children
5. Suburban or Urban lifestyle preference or a mix of the two Urban
6. Easy access to public transit, important or not? Very Important
7. Preferable demographics of desired neighborhood. Doesn't matter, prefer somewhere within the perimeter though

Old 07-06-2012, 07:36 PM

6,616 posts, read 13,824,973 times
This thread would be cool if someone would respond.

Old 07-06-2012, 09:46 PM

11,334 posts, read 26,074,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ja1myn View Post
This thread would be cool if someone would respond.
Most people don't read this thread. The original intent was that people would read the requirements above, and then create their own thread with their answers and other requirements and a descriptive subject line.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta