Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 09:32 PM

2,685 posts, read 6,429,159 times

Advertisements

Well, I found this online. Not sure if anyone used them.

Georgia Speeding Ticket
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2009, 08:34 AM

6 posts, read 68,000 times
herr bear, do you live in Fulton County? I'm confused about no contest, I really don't mind paying a fine or going to traffic school. I just don't want this on my record and my mom is upset with me because of the insurance premiums.

Mister NY, I'm not familiar with anything like that. It would certainly help my stress levels to hire someone. I think i'll look it up.

Old 11-11-2009, 09:08 AM

989 posts, read 1,744,050 times
You can try to fight the ticket and if you feel like it's the right thing to do, I would encourage it. However, I suspect your chances of winning to be less than 20%. It's going to be clearly a case of your word against the officer. Judges usually are going to believe the officer. If you are bringing witnesses along with some other type of objective evidence, you may increase your odds.

Usually if it's a minor traffice offense you can plead no contest, I think once every 3 years and they will not take points away from your liscense. Also, the prosecutor usually will allow plea arrangements prior to court for certain offenses which just requires you to pay a fee in addition to normal fines and the ticket will not go on your record.

Old 11-11-2009, 10:48 AM

6 posts, read 68,000 times
Who exactly is the prosecutor in this case? No one has contacted me about anything and I had a hell of a time actually getting someone on the phone to discuss my ticket. My court date is Tuesday and my ticket is still not on file.

Old 11-11-2009, 11:41 AM

989 posts, read 1,744,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karmasimonregis View Post
Who exactly is the prosecutor in this case? No one has contacted me about anything and I had a hell of a time actually getting someone on the phone to discuss my ticket. My court date is Tuesday and my ticket is still not on file.
When you walk in he/she will be the one sitting at a desk with a thousand people trying to get to their attention. I wouldnt worry too much, I think you will notice when you get their all chances of winning are futile and paying the ticket will seem like the more efficient choice.

Old 11-13-2009, 07:33 AM

10 posts, read 25,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karmasimonregis View Post
Thanks for that advice. Today I went to the Municipal Office and gave the clerk a letter requesting a change of court date. She asked if it was for school and I said yes, and she shook her head sadly at me and said that they usually don't honor those.

Yes, it was in Fulton county.

The clerk also said that my request won't even be LOOKED at by the judge until the day of the court date, an hour or so before. So looks like I'll have to miss my review no matter what. If I get there and the cop hasn't shown up and they say, "Sure, let's reschedule," here's hoping I haven't screwed myself over...

"...."I guess you know why I pulled you over." Still confused, I said, "Yes."[LEFT]
You've cooked your own goose. You admitted guilt and that's what the police officer has made sure that the judge will be aware of that. It's up to the judge now whether he decides to allow you to alter your plea.

Better luck next time.
[/LEFT]

Old 11-13-2009, 10:39 PM

1,352 posts, read 4,378,326 times
you will pay more for PARKING (7$ hour or something) to go to court than the fine itself. That was my experience last time i went to fulton

call the court and get an extension. you have the right to 1 extension with no questions asked. additional ones will require a valid reason. this way you are not feeling rushed to do anything

also why would you contest it? you already confessed to the crime.

lastly, the fees in atlanta/fulton are on the court website so you know how much it will cost you (dont even have to call the court). lemme see if i can look that up right now

http://www.georgiacourts.org/courts/fulton/magistrate_traffic_after.html (broken link)

265$. you should be in fulton county state court.. all my atlanta city offenses have been sent there

Old 09-30-2010, 02:46 PM

1 posts, read 10,323 times
My grandson was involved in a car accident, the other dirver received the ticket. We are trying to fine out when the court date is for the other dirver. How can we do that?

Old 09-30-2010, 08:07 PM

1,709 posts, read 3,429,642 times
I have always just called to reschedule my court date.

In fact it worked last week. I was coming out of a 70MPH zone on 75 north heading into the metro area and was pulled over for going 80MPH in a 55MPH. I even gave the guy a big attitude and he still didn't show up after I called and changed the court date.

It was a Trooper but the court was Atlanta. When there was only 6 officers and only one white trooper in the courtroom, I knew I was off a $400 hook.....wooowhooo.

Try to call the solicitors office (prosecutor or officer who wrote the ticket in some cases) and see if you can get it knocked down to "basic rules violation" ....no points, smallish fine, nothing to insurance.

Old 01-24-2011, 08:53 AM

1 posts, read 10,083 times
Hi, I am just trying to figure out how to do this. Do you guys think it is a good idea to get a lawyer for my sons traffic ticket? He was told he was going 90 on a 70, He has a court date already. Can you guys give me some advice?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: