Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2009, 12:16 PM

81 posts, read 209,986 times

Advertisements

NYC relocating this fall to ATL. Office is near Northside Hospital, looking to move to apartment complex 2 BD/2 Bath, figure Sandy Springs, Dunwoody may be best... Closeness to MARTA is a plus as well...

Are there any apartment complexes recommended by you? I've checked out Apartment Ratings and don't find many high ratings but places look a million times nicer than anything in the NYC area.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2009, 12:36 PM

1,517 posts, read 6,737,870 times
I'd recommend any of the complexes along Ashford Dunwoody Road (Savannah, Gables, Windsor, Post) across from the mall. A bit of a walk to MARTA but you'll be at your office in 5 minutes by car. I know LOTS of people who live there and love them. There are a few complexes off of Peachtree Dunwoody that look nice too and it's a straight run to NSide Hospital. Stay away from apts on Roswell Road. Apt Ratings scares everyone. Bottom line is that someone will inevitably find a problem with every apartment and then rant about it on Apt. Ratings. You may want to give Promove a call too (Free Service and they really are excellent Apartments for Rent - Apartment Locator Service | PROMOVE.com). They can give you the skinny on the newest and best places in your area.

Old 08-11-2009, 01:08 PM

23,459 posts, read 44,061,014 times
I second sweettea's suggestion of the complexes on Ashford-Dunwoody north of I-285. Safe, close to your work and so many amenities.

Old 08-11-2009, 06:09 PM

288 posts, read 542,970 times
Yes, those apts are next to perimeter mall and the subway station. Lots of shopping/nightlife within walking distance. My sister lived at sterling apts and they were very nice.

Old 08-12-2009, 08:38 AM

Thanks folks.. I read into Apartment Ratings and they are frightening... Scary stuff up there... Made me start to doubt the area a bit but some of the places look very nice and managed by companies ranked very highly by the NMHC...

Old 08-12-2009, 09:10 AM

23,459 posts, read 44,061,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfc3rid View Post
Thanks folks.. I read into Apartment Ratings and they are frightening... Scary stuff up there... Made me start to doubt the area a bit but some of the places look very nice and managed by companies ranked very highly by the NMHC...
A friend of mine lived in the Windsor for about a year during her divorce and never reported any problems.

Old 08-12-2009, 09:53 AM

Thanks... It seems like the Windsor is now called Ashford Park.

We are investigating:
Archstone Perimeter Park
Hawthorne Gates
Savannah at Park Place
Ashford Park

Possibly more...

Old 08-12-2009, 10:32 AM

7,731 posts, read 14,357,654 times
^I used to work in the neighborhood tfc3rid, and every single one of those are just fine.

One of my faves over there is Gables Metropolitan.

A lot of the area is quite walkable, believe it or not. Lot's and lot's of amenities. I think this is one of the absolute best areas of Atlanta to "get your feet wet" here, particularly for people like you that actually work very near by.

Welcome!

Old 08-12-2009, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
^I used to work in the neighborhood tfc3rid, and every single one of those are just fine.

One of my faves over there is Gables Metropolitan.

A lot of the area is quite walkable, believe it or not. Lot's and lot's of amenities. I think this is one of the absolute best areas of Atlanta to "get your feet wet" here, particularly for people like you that actually work very near by.

Welcome!
Thanks John... The reviews on sites like Apartment Ratings scare the crap out of me about these places though...

I mean, crime, eh, I live in NYC... I know all about being uber careful and always am. As for noisy neighbors, I have teenagers congregate on my stoop nightly and leave cigarette butts and Red Bull cans for me to clean up in the morning...

Need some peace and am ready for a change.

Old 08-13-2009, 02:30 PM

Anyone have some additional feedback out there?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta