Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 10:14 AM

81 posts, read 210,073 times

Advertisements

Here are our assessments:
Archstone Perimeter Park: Good rent prices, nice complex. Floor plans have a lot of angles so there is not a lot of space. Little pantry space in kitchen. Bedroom would not have a lot of room to fit a king size bed.

Dunwoody Place: Lovely complex and grounds. Lots of long-time residents. Very large floor plans. Nice bonuses. Easily can fit a King Size bed in Master. Large closet space.

Hawthorne Gates: Smaller community. Nice size apartments. Angles in apartments make space tough to deal with.

Colonial Grand at Mount Vernon: Older looking apartments. Poor quality and older appliances. Turned off.

Gables Metropolitan: Huge complex >1100 units. Nice apartments, new applaiances. Little pantry/storage space. Near top of price range.

Ashford Park: Nice size apartments. New cabinetry and appliances. Lots of storage space.

Savannah at Park Place: Nice complex but starting to show its age. Full size Washer/dryers included in all apartments. Prices are good.

The Heights at Perimeter Center: New and beuatiful resort-type complex. Beautiful courtyards and pools. At high end of price range though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2009, 10:24 AM

7,731 posts, read 14,370,188 times
^You covered a lot of ground. So glad we had such beautiful weather for your visit also.

What is your overall impression of the Sandy Springs/Dunwoody/Perimeter Center area? Just curious if it was basically what you expected - or not.

Hope it was an overall good trip for you.

Old 08-25-2009, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
^You covered a lot of ground. So glad we had such beautiful weather for your visit also.

What is your overall impression of the Sandy Springs/Dunwoody/Perimeter Center area? Just curious if it was basically what you expected - or not.

Hope it was an overall good trip for you.
It was essentially what we anticipated. I'd say that the apartment complexes there were still about a million times better than in NYC... More modern amenities, etc...

It was overall a good trip... We have definitely pared things down to a short list.

Old 08-25-2009, 10:57 AM

7,731 posts, read 14,370,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfc3rid View Post
It was essentially what we anticipated. I'd say that the apartment complexes there were still about a million times better than in NYC... More modern amenities, etc...

It was overall a good trip... We have definitely pared things down to a short list.
Cool! Glad you enjoyed your trip.

I guess the only thing left to say is - welcome to Atlanta!

Old 08-25-2009, 11:34 AM

2 posts, read 8,538 times
I lived in Dunwoody for 8 years and if you are working near Northside Hospital, stay away from the "other side" of 400. I lived right off Roswell Rd. and although I loved the area at the time, I worked at the "King and Queen complex" near Perimeter Mall and sometimes a 5 mile drive could take 40 mins. Staying on the west side of GA 400 is your best bet. Good luck on your move and welcome to our great city!!!

Old 08-25-2009, 02:08 PM

You mean on the East side of GA 400... Roswell Rd. is on the West Side...

Old 08-26-2009, 08:28 AM

288 posts, read 543,432 times
i think that is what she means...if she lived on roswell road and communted to peremiter that would be west to east.

If I had to pick one area for a newcomer, it would be those apts just north of the mall.

Old 08-26-2009, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyboy2008 View Post
i think that is what she means...if she lived on roswell road and communted to peremiter that would be west to east.

If I had to pick one area for a newcomer, it would be those apts just north of the mall.
Understood... That is where we are looking from a standpoint of closeness to work, decent rent for the amenities and proximity to MARTA (as we are public transportation people being from NYC)...

Old 10-01-2009, 07:33 AM

Just an update to you out here... We are about a month out from our relocation from NYC... We had selected a large 2 bedroom/2 bath at Dunwoody Place for our apartment. However, I was about 1 day too late in hearing back from them and the apartment that we had wanted was leased out.

So, we have had to move to Plan B. We are going to lease a 3 Bedroom at Ashford Park (formerly the Windsor) along Ashford-Dunwoody Road and next door to the Gables Metro. This was our easy second choice as it fits our price range nicely and gives us 3 bedrooms with an apartment that has stainless appliances and maple caibinets.

So, there is the update. Any comments are always appreciated.

Old 03-23-2010, 11:19 PM

3 posts, read 9,541 times
Speaking of renting apartments in the Dunwoody/Sandy Springs area, I will be working at Northside Hospital and am looking for an apartment in that area. I feel like I've looked at everything in that area, both off of and on Roswell Rd and in the Perimeter area. I saw the post about staying away from the apartments on Roswell Rd. Can you tell me the specifics of why? I have specifically been looking at Dunwoody Pointe on Roswell and Pitts Rd. It stood out because I can get an updated 2 bedroom for less than a 1 bedroom in other areas. I felt ok about the specific complex (some I looked at in the area didn't look the safest), but if safety is a definite general issue in that area, I would definitely feel better somewhere else. Can anyone help me out?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta