Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 02:40 PM

1,517 posts, read 6,737,128 times

Advertisements

Gables is really nice and new. New is good. Means you get better appliances, better carpet and better amenities. They'll all compete for your business, something you'd never find in NYC! It's seems unreal...they'll drive you around in little golf carts and throw free months rent at you! Quite the difference from the Manhattan apt. broker! But you should try (if you can) to come out and do a blitzkreig (sp) check of them all...one by one...ask for the newer models and even if the complex is older, some units may be renovated...you want those. In the end, they'll all be fine along Ashford Dunwoody. Gables, Savannah and Windsor are close to Alons, the best bakery/prepared foods (our version of Zabars) which is a nice plus. All have nice pools. You just need to see where you feel the most comfortable and get the best deal. Oh, ask them all to throw in free storage, just for kicks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2009, 06:27 AM

81 posts, read 209,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweettea1 View Post
Gables is really nice and new. New is good. Means you get better appliances, better carpet and better amenities. They'll all compete for your business, something you'd never find in NYC! It's seems unreal...they'll drive you around in little golf carts and throw free months rent at you! Quite the difference from the Manhattan apt. broker! But you should try (if you can) to come out and do a blitzkreig (sp) check of them all...one by one...ask for the newer models and even if the complex is older, some units may be renovated...you want those. In the end, they'll all be fine along Ashford Dunwoody. Gables, Savannah and Windsor are close to Alons, the best bakery/prepared foods (our version of Zabars) which is a nice plus. All have nice pools. You just need to see where you feel the most comfortable and get the best deal. Oh, ask them all to throw in free storage, just for kicks.
Will be in town next weekend and planning to do a one by one by one knockdown next weekend...

Not to mention that rents are a major difference from NYC...

Old 08-14-2009, 10:00 AM

1,517 posts, read 6,737,128 times
Start at The Savannah on Ashford Dunwoody and work your way down the street to Jefferson Park. Then you can eat lunch at Alon's (in the shopping center adjacent to Savannah) and finish up on the apts on Peachtree Dunwoody which is doing a loop around the mall (and parallel to Ashford Dunwoody Road). Good luck!

Old 08-14-2009, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweettea1 View Post
Start at The Savannah on Ashford Dunwoody and work your way down the street to Jefferson Park. Then you can eat lunch at Alon's (in the shopping center adjacent to Savannah) and finish up on the apts on Peachtree Dunwoody which is doing a loop around the mall (and parallel to Ashford Dunwoody Road). Good luck!
That is the plan.

Old 08-14-2009, 12:36 PM

7,731 posts, read 14,355,388 times
It would NOT be a good idea for me to live within walking distance of Alon's, LOL!

Please let us know how you liked the area and what you settled on, tfc3rid! Curious minds and all........

Old 08-17-2009, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
It would NOT be a good idea for me to live within walking distance of Alon's, LOL!

Please let us know how you liked the area and what you settled on, tfc3rid! Curious minds and all........
Will do! We will probably hold off on a decision for a little bit but will re post next week regarding my impressions.

Old 08-17-2009, 03:54 PM

1,517 posts, read 1,664,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfc3rid View Post
Will do! We will probably hold off on a decision for a little bit but will re post next week regarding my impressions.
TFC3RID, I am looking forward to your post about this area. I will be moving to Atlanta next summer and have inquired about many of these same apartments near the Perimeter mall. My friends have all said that this would be a great initial settling area for an Atlanta newbie.

Old 08-20-2009, 08:54 AM

Just a bump on this thread. I'll be back on Monday and will likely provide a detailed write up on Tuesday regarding our apartment home visits.

Thanks again for all your help.

Old 08-25-2009, 07:18 AM

Just back from our visit. We took at look at quite a number of places in the Perimeter/Dunwoody/Sandy Springs area... I'm putting my thoughts together and will put everything out there...

Old 08-25-2009, 08:59 AM

Here is the list of places we looked at, in no particular order:
Archstone Perimeter Park (P'Tree-Dunwoody)
Dunwoody Place (P'Tree-Dunwoody)
Hawthrone Gates (P'Tree-Dunwoody)
Colonial Grand at Mount Vernon (Mt. Vernon Hwy)
Gables Metropolitan (Perimeter Center North)
Ashford Park (Perimeter Center North)
Savannah at Park Place (Perimeter Center East)
The Heights at Perimeter Center (Perimeter Center East)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta