Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 11:44 AM

34 posts, read 66,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onthemove2014 View Post
Guys saying this were either chasing uppity black women or gold diggers and likely because they had nice bodies or something superficial. Most black women are not that superficial if they see you trying to better yourself. It may not be the ones with the biggest booty or the lightest skin, but they are there. You gotta think with more then your other head.
Removed - language and confrontational - one word... DON'T. I went to one of the top 20 ranked colleges and top 10 law schools and business schools in the nation, and there were just as many superficially beautiful black woman on those campuses as there are in the general population. They were beautiful AND smart and ambitious. It's not an either/or proposition. Successful smart educated black men aren't looking for dumb broads, but they are also not going to overlook beauty and physical fitness just because some fugly, dumpy, frumpy sista thinks she's all that with a college degree from some podunk mail-order institution.

A few years ago, especially during / right after the election, I'd hear from single black female friends all the time that would claim they were looking for their Barack Obama. My response to them was, "well, are you a Michelle Obama?" Always got nothing but crickets and cobwebs on that one!

Last edited by atlantagreg30127; 04-25-2012 at 10:26 PM..

Old 04-25-2012, 11:47 AM

61,286 posts, read 87,628,758 times
Prison will do dat 2u
Other races out of the question??

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 04-25-2012 at 12:04 PM..

Old 04-25-2012, 12:06 PM

1,250 posts, read 1,889,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YellaDawg View Post
removed. I went to one of the top 20 ranked colleges and top 10 law schools and business schools in the nation, and there were just as many superficially beautiful black woman on those campuses as there are in the general population. They were beautiful AND smart and ambitious. It's not an either/or proposition. Successful smart educated black men aren't looking for dumb broads, but they are also not going to overlook beauty and physical fitness just because some fugly, dumpy, frumpy sista thinks she's all that with a college degree from some podunk mail-order institution.

A few years ago, especially during / right after the election, I'd hear from single black female friends all the time that would claim they were looking for their Barack Obama. My response to them was, "well, are you a Michelle Obama?" Always got nothing but crickets and cobwebs on that one!
Top college huh

1. I am not a woman, but a black man in his 20s with a degree.

2. I had no trouble getting dates with black girls or getting black girlfriends in college.

3. They also weren't ugly or dumb and I never said it was a either or comparison. There is just something wrong with YOU or the girls you are chasing if you could not get a black girlfriend in college that looked attactive and was smart.

4. Also, no one is talking about overlooking "beauty", but if you are only chasing girls that are a 10 on the looks scale and not getting the time of day or quality then you need to look for other qualities,..you know like interest and intellegence. I can deal with a girl who is 6 or 7 if she can hold a conversation with me and likes doing stuff I like ( actually prefer it).

Last edited by atlantagreg30127; 04-25-2012 at 10:26 PM..

Old 04-25-2012, 12:25 PM

51 posts, read 89,508 times
LOL, ok so guys have the right to pass over females they deem less than attractive and it's okay. On the other hand females that pass over guys that are less than attractive are in the wrong....

Old 04-25-2012, 01:55 PM

34 posts, read 66,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onthemove2014 View Post
Top college huh

1. I am not a woman, but a black man in his 20s with a degree.

2. I had no trouble getting dates with black girls or getting black girlfriends in college.

3. They also weren't ugly or dumb and I never said it was a either or comparison. There is just something wrong with YOU or the girls you are chasing if you could not get a black girlfriend in college that looked attactive and was smart.

4. Also, no one is talking about overlooking "beauty", but if you are only chasing girls that are a 10 on the looks scale and not getting the time of day or quality then you need to look for other qualities,..you know like interest and intellegence. I can deal with a girl who is 6 or 7 if she can hold a conversation with me and likes doing stuff I like ( actually prefer it).
I never had a problem dating in college and I certainly do not have one now.

A 6 or a 7 is OK, but anyone who is a 2 or a 3 thinking they can snag an 8 or a 9 simply because they have some podunk college degree or a decent job is just being delusional.

Yes, all of my schools are top-tier colleges on every reputable rankings list, including U.S News & World Report, Princeton Report, etc.

Old 04-25-2012, 02:52 PM

1,250 posts, read 1,889,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canvasart View Post
LOL, ok so guys have the right to pass over females they deem less than attractive and it's okay. On the other hand females that pass over guys that are less than attractive are in the wrong....
Apparently.

Old 04-25-2012, 03:30 PM

3,647 posts, read 8,336,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elranzer View Post
This is probably why a lot of men have gone gay.

Gay men don't care about your wallet. Because, as men themselves, they make their own living. They're in it for the companionship (whether it's short term or long term).
No, and if they did do that then chances are they were always gay or bicurious in the first place. No real straight man would turn gay because he dosen't get women.

Old 04-25-2012, 03:58 PM

3,647 posts, read 8,336,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canvasart View Post
There's nothing wrong with a female passing up a guy she's not attracted to. I don't see what the problem is with that. I'll admit that attraction is important and gets your foot in the door but personality keeps you in the room. The problem is that a lot of girls want someone who has everything when they themselves are not really all that. Even if they are attractive they have the personality of a roach.

I know and have come across LOTS of attractive girls who in all honesty are sitff as bricks, hostile, and don't have any social skills but expect every man to be fawning over them. The sad part is that many guys do so it dosen't matter

Old 04-25-2012, 05:07 PM

5,845 posts, read 6,179,098 times
My brain hurts from reading this thread.

Old 04-25-2012, 10:28 PM

9,191 posts, read 33,956,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toll_booth View Post
My brain hurts from reading this thread.
Mine as well, and if folks want it to stay open, it needs to be turned DOWN a notch. It's getting confrontational on some levels, and the topic is steering away from the issue. See the first post for the topic, and comment on that please.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta