Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 11:46 AM

3,421 posts, read 5,223,084 times

Advertisements

It's funny that white women and Asian women don't get the advice that black women get when seeking a mate. Those women are expected to and do marry men who can afford to support them and they aren't called superficial because of it. My white and Asian female friends all date or marry men with careers and good jobs and can afford to put them in homes. I never hear this kind of advice given to my non-black female friends. The white and Asian women I know for the most part will not date or marry a man who isn't college educated and doesn't have a good job. I've never heard my non-black female friends get told they should marry the garbage man. Not ever.

Old 04-09-2012, 04:39 PM

2,390 posts, read 4,407,183 times
Clearly the whole point flew right over your head.

Old 04-23-2012, 09:20 PM

2 posts, read 5,220 times
The problem I see, is there is little love for the black race, within or outside of our race.

Old 04-24-2012, 10:24 PM

642 posts, read 2,220,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngMichaelJackson View Post
No typically the professional black male that has become tired of the dating black women will turn to dating other races, not gay. I have quite a few friends that have given up on black women and have started dating whites and Indians in Atlanta because they feel that allot of the black women here are very superficial. A good friend of mine used to always say he would never date outside of his race back in college, now after years of navigating the groupie infested waters that is the black Atlanta dating scene he is about to jump the broom next month with this Indian chick who is from London
I find it odd that Indian women are seen by any Black men are Blacks in general as down to earth and less superficial. From being around them pretty often at times I find them to act very superior. Even being from pretty much a 3rd world country.

Old 04-24-2012, 11:27 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,573,275 times
Atlanta is full of professional black men. Its so many of them in Atlanta.

Old 04-25-2012, 10:53 AM

34 posts, read 66,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsc1977 View Post
Hey well I appreciate the heads up..it just sad that you have an enormous array of beautiful single black women walking around this city with nothing to choose from.....well i will keep it moving...thanks
I have NEVER, EVER seen a "beautiful black woman" who has had problems choosing from men to date. It's always the unattractive, stank ones who THINK they are more elevated than they really are who have problems. Maybe if you can't find a good man, then maybe you're looking out of your league. YOU may think you're an 6 or a 10, but the reality might be you're a 3 or a 4, so date accordingly. Professional single straight black man in a city like Atlanta can pretty much date whomever they want, it's a buyers' market. No one (but you) cares that you have a degree.... that's NOT a consideration in the romance department.

And, many men of all colors and races, millions of them worldwide, are looking for black women. If you are only looking for a black man, then that's ok -- as long as you are willing to wait for one without complaining and bitching about the lack of "good black men". You can't have it both ways.

Old 04-25-2012, 10:55 AM

51 posts, read 89,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta_BD View Post
It's funny that white women and Asian women don't get the advice that black women get when seeking a mate. Those women are expected to and do marry men who can afford to support them and they aren't called superficial because of it. My white and Asian female friends all date or marry men with careers and good jobs and can afford to put them in homes. I never hear this kind of advice given to my non-black female friends. The white and Asian women I know for the most part will not date or marry a man who isn't college educated and doesn't have a good job. I've never heard my non-black female friends get told they should marry the garbage man. Not ever.
I totally agree! They are RAISED to marry up. To marry a man that can provide for them. While black women are told to settle just to "have a man".

Old 04-25-2012, 10:58 AM

I'm curious to know for all the guys that said black women wouldn't give them the time of day before becoming successful. What race of women were giving you the time of day? Did you date them? Or were you single and dateless until you made it?

Old 04-25-2012, 11:24 AM

1,250 posts, read 1,886,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canvasart View Post
I'm curious to know for all the guys that said black women wouldn't give them the time of day before becoming successful. What race of women were giving you the time of day? Did you date them? Or were you single and dateless until you made it?

Guys saying this were either chasing uppity black women or gold diggers and likely because they had nice bodies or something superficial. Most black women are not that superficial if they see you trying to better yourself. It may not be the ones with the biggest booty or the lightest skin, but they are there. You gotta think with more then your other head.

Old 04-25-2012, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onthemove2014 View Post
Guys saying this were either chasing uppity black women or gold diggers and likely because they had nice bodies or something superficial. Most black women are not that superficial if they see you trying to better yourself. It may not be the ones with the biggest booty or the lightest skin, but they are there. You gotta think with more then your other head.
Exactly! I want to see if they will admit to it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta