Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 02:11 PM

2,685 posts, read 6,423,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
I thought I only made one statement...they kind of go together.

Are you asking for an explanation of "DL"?

Ok, Got it then. Thanks!

Old 04-20-2009, 02:51 PM

7,845 posts, read 20,810,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterNY View Post
Ok, Got it then. Thanks!
Okay...I was thinking...he must know what that means...

Old 04-20-2009, 04:27 PM

3,735 posts, read 8,068,257 times
To the OP, there are plenty of single men please broaden your horizons and don't limit yourself to one race. Do you think men limit themselves when it comes to women, NOPE! They try every experience to see what they truley makes them happy.

There are gay men every where but don't believe that is the only thing out there. I live in the bay area in CA, if I believed the sterotypes around SF then I would have never found my spouse. There are plenty of single straight men. Start going out more and like Coolyfett recommended find the guy you are looking for at church. If you want a doctor for example find out where doctors hang out at or becomes friends with one. It is not that hard. Make friends with other men and you might find your mate that way. You might find a booty call at the clubs but you won't find mister right there.

Old 04-20-2009, 05:36 PM

21 posts, read 150,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayarea-girl View Post
To the OP, there are plenty of single men please broaden your horizons and don't limit yourself to one race. Do you think men limit themselves when it comes to women, NOPE! They try every experience to see what they truley makes them happy.

There are gay men every where but don't believe that is the only thing out there. I live in the bay area in CA, if I believed the sterotypes around SF then I would have never found my spouse. There are plenty of single straight men. Start going out more and like Coolyfett recommended find the guy you are looking for at church. If you want a doctor for example find out where doctors hang out at or becomes friends with one. It is not that hard. Make friends with other men and you might find your mate that way. You might find a booty call at the clubs but you won't find mister right there.

great advice...thanks

Old 04-20-2009, 06:37 PM

172 posts, read 393,716 times
I've been accused of being gay because I dress nice and don't sleep with every woman that throws it at me.

Go figure.

Old 04-22-2009, 02:07 AM

325 posts, read 979,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xenourtv View Post
He hit it right on the nail. When I first came to Atlanta, I had a blue collar job working odd hours just to get by. That was until I finally made it and obtained my first full time job, and very quickly had the experience of moving up the corporate ladder. Now when I go the barbershop and the sista asks what I do, they end up giving me there numbers not the other way around. Most of the time I don't even bother calling back because I have become picky I guess.

Basically in my line of work I deal with many people from different countries and cultures, and I realized I probably have more chemistry with woman who are from other nations. I still would rather marry a black woman, but the attitude most of you educated black woman display is unacceptable and as a black professional it is a turn off.

It is like a golddiggin mentality...nonetheless there are good black men out there, how about showing them some love. The young brotha in college, the driver, the janitor, the package handler, you know young black men making an honest living. What surprises me most is that most of you would rather date a "wannabe thug" with his pimped out ride instead of a good black man who is trying to do things the right way. A good movie for a lot of you educated sistas to watch is Disappearing Acts, if anything maybe it would help you open your mind a little.

Excellent perspective. My dating experiences have been quite interesting. I've dated blue and white collar and enjoy each all the same. Problem is, I end up finding out their attached in SOME way..lol..but I definitely love your perspective and it definitely makes sense. I was (and still am) a single mother, I use to work a full-time waitressing job, and going to school during the day and sometimes at night and men use to take advantage of that. Now I have a career in the legal field and I live in Europe...my how sooo much has changed and how differently you are perceived! So I feel you hon-e, I definitely feel ya...

Old 04-22-2009, 02:10 AM

325 posts, read 979,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RZaakir View Post
I've been accused of being gay because I dress nice and don't sleep with every woman that throws it at me.

Go figure.
Thats very unfortunate. Because a man has standards, is respectful and likes to dress presentable, people perceive him as gay. Um um um. Women have gotten far too complacent in their standards (probably why I'm still single..lol, but I'm not complaining). Then again, you have to kind of look at it from our perspective. Some men in Atlanta have not been that truthful about their sexuality, which leaves some women with a bad taste in their mouth....

Last edited by jeffreda30238; 04-22-2009 at 02:10 AM.. Reason: misspelled word

Old 06-20-2009, 05:25 PM

328 posts, read 573,329 times
Default Oh so not true!

Quote:
Originally Posted by God MC View Post
CHUCHHHHHH

My beautiful black sistas want all the fruits of the labor but dont want to do the planting, and watering for it to get there. U see a dreadlocked gold teeth ignant fool wit that Charger on 22's and you flock to him. I pull up in my Toyota Corolla and you give me the ughhhhhhh look. But once I pull up in that BMW 750 LI now it's HEY!!!!!!!!!! **** out of here, women need to look at men for their character, and not their wallet.
Oh spare me! Don't act like guys don't flock to the girls w/ the big booties and the fake hair and nails. Why can't we all be adults, and be real about it: Everyone wants the BEST. No one, male or female, wants to settle for something then two seconds later meet or see something they feel is better than what they have. The grass is always greener on the other side til you get there and see its just camaflouge for something that is way cheaper than what you orignially had.

Old 06-21-2009, 10:31 AM

1,446 posts, read 3,551,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RZaakir View Post

Go figure.
Yeah, I was accused of that in college. Probably because I got my lesson and didn't drop out like the guys many AA women at my college openly yearned for. And I also noticed it was only a few AA guys they yearned for while many others were left alone. And these guys graduated.

Also, I don't flock to every "big-butt freak" and plant a seed. I haven't even planted a seed yet and I'm 24. I just think it's herd for a guy like me in Atlanta to date. Some say AA women are 70% single, but most I come across have a "boyfriend" of sorts. Maybe not when I first meet them, but pretty farther on. And somehow he ends up being unable to read, uneducated, or no good sometimes. But, in other cases he is good. But, the no good ones impregnate and jut keep going. My mom has a family friend who has a nephew only 2 years older than me and he has about 4 kids. He is not a degree holder and generally works warehouse level jobs if he works at all. I haven't even had a real relationship with 4 women yet.

One my my recent "tenants" hardly had dollars to their name at age 38 but somehow they were together and she had a grandkid somehow. I'm evicting them on the 29th of this month. They were not worth the trouble. They even tried to con me by calling their brother who was a "plumber" and never even checked much of anything beforce coming to the conclusion that the drain backup was my fault. He siad it couldn't be caused by tissue. And the occupants swore it wasn't caused by what they put down the drain. And the drainage worked fine while I had my plumber check the bathroom out. He wanted $55. Not ethat she called him. I didn't have $55 on me because she never paid the rent she promised the day before. You can't get blood from a turnip. She didn't have the money either. So, obviously she could not pay the rent. Anywyas, the next day I had a septic tank company clean things out and he gave them a lecture on grease, tissue, and soap. Apparently, while they had the washer they stole from the previous landlord(who gave me a good reccomendation, for some foolish reason), they put too much soap on clothes that were not dirty. They poured grease down the drain, and used way too much tisuse.

I know this because these were the first people in this house in 3 years. I just had it renovated.

So, it was their fault. And I'm focibly evicting them.

They also cost other people jobs by not paying. People they would know. Poor robbing the poor.

I don't hire on my payroll if I don't have the money in cash.

So, I get to see so many sorry couples close up. Somehow my tenants can get coupled in Atlanta no matter their physical appearance or income and I somehow cannot.

It is like the guys who lay around the whouse while "professional" women worked. . . .and while the women were away at work a lot of them went ot play with other women. And AIDS got spread. Many wanted to blame Bisexual men or say AA men had a lower percentage because they did not get tested, but that was 5 years ago. That is too long to blame on Bisexual men alone.

Old 08-10-2009, 11:08 AM

240 posts, read 437,292 times
Default Agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by god mc View Post
chuchhhhhh

my beautiful black sistas want all the fruits of the labor but dont want to do the planting, and watering for it to get there. U see a dreadlocked gold teeth ignant fool wit that charger on 22's and you flock to him. I pull up in my toyota corolla and you give me the ughhhhhhh look. But once i pull up in that bmw 750 li now it's hey!!!!!!!!!! **** out of here, women need to look at men for their character, and not their wallet.
but not all women are like that some of us knows that a good man is not based on what he looks like,drives,or what type of house he has or position he holds because all those things can be taken away in a moment but it is the core of the heart that makes me atteactive to a man and when a man has a beautiful soul it makes him look good on the outside because that inner beauty illuminates everything and so when it is real love it want discrimanate
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta